the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to December Deviation

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Back to December Deviation - Page 3 Empty Re: Back to December Deviation

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:18 am

Meredith glanced up and saw the star, then grabbed his hand before squeezing her eyes shut. "You make one, too," she muttered, loosening her grip on his hand so he could slide it out if he wanted to. She'd just grabbed it to get his attention so he'd wish. Meredith thought for a moment...what to wish for, what to wish for? She was running out of time, and in her hurry she screwed up her wish:

I wish that eventually Tanner -- NONO KALE will be my boyfriend.

She knew it was cheesy, but wishing stars never worked. But what if they did? She'd messed up her wish. Shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:28 am

I wish....I wish that Meredith gets her wish.

Kale smiled, leaving his hand in hers as the shooting star disapeared. "What did you wish for?" he asked with a teasing grin as he looked over at her. It was nice to have someone besides his roommate. His roommate was cool and all, but...he personally liked Meredith a lot more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:31 am

"Isn't that against the rules?" Meredith muttered, smiling back and biting her lower lip. Shoot, she hoped he wouldn't make her say it out loud...She looked for something to change the subject to. Her eyes landed on Tanner. "So how'd you get into acting?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Tanner looked over at her and grinned as he gave a small shrug. "It was a punishment. I cheated on my math test and so they made me be in the school play. But I am only part of what makes the play work. Kale paints the sets for them," he chuckled, winking at her when he made his cocky comment.
Kale rolled his eyes at his roommate, laughing along with him. Thanks Tanner...now she probably thinks I'm..weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Meredith smiled, but didn't find the math test part funny. She was the one who people usually cheated off of, and she didn't like it. She worked hard on her tests! But she didn't want to sound like such a nerd, so she didn't mention it.

However, the painting part was pretty cool. Her parents always forced her to be submerged in art, as well as academics, so she was appreciative of good paintings. She was sure that Kale's must be good.

"That's really cool," She said to Kale, squeezing his hand, after realizing they were still holding hands. She was really surprised by that, but in a good way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Kale looked a little shocked when she told him that it was cool and then grinned. "I can show you some if you want...the party is sort of dying anyway." He squeezed her hand back, tightening his grip on it slightly so her hand didn't slip from his. He liked holding her hand...probably more than he should.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:58 pm

Meredith glanced at Tanner, almost thinking she might want to stay and talk to him, too...she shook that idea away. She had agreed to hang out with Kale, not Tanner. Right. Plus, she liked Kale more. Tanner was just a friend, and Kale...might be something more eventually.

She nodded with a smile that reached her eyes. "Okay~"
She began to stand up. "Nice meeting you, Tanner."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:29 pm

Tanner looked back at them and smiled widely. "It was good to meet you too!" He stood and gave her a large bear hug. "Don't be a stranger," he said as he let her go and turned happily back to his friends.

Kale chuckled and waited for Meredith before walking back to his truck. "Having fun yet?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Meredith's smile brightened. "Yes! I can't wait to see the things you've painted, though. Where are we going, to go seem them, anyway?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:37 pm

"Well, I have a studio above the apartment..and I could show you the set for Oedipus if you'd like. It's at the old opera theater on fourth street." Kale said smiling as he walked with her hand in hand to the truck. He opened the door for her and helped her in, shutting the door behind her before going around to the other side and getting in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Meredith was hesitant about the whole apartment thing, when they hardly knew each other...but as long as they stayed in the studio, it should be okay. And Kale didn't /seem/ the type...She smiled. "Alright."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Kale smiled as they got back on to the main road. "I'll show you the set first," he said as they drove towards the middle of town, taking a right. "Do you like theater?" He was curious to know more about her. She seemed so...different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Meredith shrugged slightly. Though she did have an appreciation for it, she hadn't seen enough of it to really...like it. "Mmhmm...And you obviously do, right?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Kale chuckled and shrugged then shook his head. "No, not really. I've never been one for theater. I just like to paint the scenes." He gave her a small smile as he pulled up in front of the old theater and parked the truck. He got out and went around to her side, helping her out carefully, not taking his hand from hers when he did. "Come on, we'll go through the side door." He led her down the alley and to the door on the side of the building. He quickly unlocked it and took her inside, flicking on a few lights. He led her towards the the seats and set her down in the front row, the curtains closed on the stage. "Wait right here," he said before climbing up onto the stage and disapearing behind the curtains. The rest of the lights in the theater came on and the curtains began to open, exposing the unfinished scene for Oedipus Rex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Meredith took in a sharp breath, in awe of the sets. Even if they were unfinished...just thinking that Kale had done these, unfinished or not, was...wow. Her eyebrows were raised slightly and she went up to the edge of the stage, putting her elbows up on it. "Wow...did you do them all by yourself?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Kale walked over, holding his hands out to her to pull her up onto the stage. "Yup, all by my lonesome." He chuckled as he watched her. "Do you like them?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Meredith nodded vigorously, looking around at them and putting her hands in her back pockets. "They're...wonderful." She smiled and looked over at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Kale grinned as he watched her then looked back at the set. "Want to see the picture that is has a statue of Hera? It's suppose to look like the real thing, but I'm not so sure I got it right." He held out his hand to her, ready to lead her back stage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Meredith bit her lower lip over her smile, taking his hand with little hesitation. It seemed to be becoming almost natural for them now, just within a night. How well she got along with Kale surprised Meredith a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Kale smiled and led her backstage. He stopped her and put a finger up to signal for her to stay and wait. He then went over to some pullies that sat off to the side, and slowly let down the back drop for the set. As soon as it was in place he walked back over to her and shoved his hands into his pockets, nervously waiting for her opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Meredith's eyes widened, as she gaped at what was meant to be Hera. He'd done a REALLY nice job. She found herself feeling talentless -- why didn't she have any artistic ability? "Kale...I don't even know what to say. It's so...It looks just like her."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:18 am

Kale walked over to her and stood beside her as he looked over the backdrop, picking out all of its flaws in his mind. "You think so?" he asked curiously, looking back down at her. His eyes were glued to her face it seemed, scanning over its perfections and imperfections, deeming it angelic. There was no other way to describe it, especially with the stage light hitting her as if it was a beam from heaven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Meredith looked down with a blush when he studied her that way, toeing the stage with the end of her flip flop. "Yes. Though I don't know much about art, maybe I'm wrong."

She shrugged, twisting the end of a strand of her hair, a nervous habit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Kale grinned as he watched her, his eyes finally falling to the stage floor, analyzing the specks of dust instead. "Well, your guess is about as good as mine," he chuckled and glanced back up at her. "You ever tried singing on one of these?" He asked, gesturing towards the stage. "Sure is an interesting feeling." He turned his back to the setting, now facing the numerous rows of seats. "Can you even imagine singing or preforming in front of that many people?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:15 pm

The thought of performing in front of people, even a /smaller/ group, freaked Meredith out. She shook her head quickly, getting a nauseous feeling, just at the thought of it. She was alright at delivering speeches, but performing? NO. "I can imagine it'd be ... interesting."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next