the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of the Fay

+4
Regret
Black&White
Banshee
Bells
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The World of the Fay - Page 3 Empty Re: The World of the Fay

Post by Regret Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Wade glares around a bit. He hasn't really been following the conversation, but it looks like people are moving. And now he has wings. Well, some you win and some you lose. At least this way he could drop on unsuspecting victims.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Mr.Face:

I couldn't have possibly put that in plainer terms. Really. "Resonance? ...I suppouse if I have to expound- Can you hear them? Do sound waves bounce off of them?" I asked. Perhaps that would clear up the issue.

We approached another person...and it sounded like some kind of... residency, though it didn't seem that it had any kind of... surface features... or really anything above ground at all.Strange. Exceedingly strange. Though there was always the possibility that I wasn't hearing right and had simply ignored a whole building but... I think that I'm better at echolocation than that, thank you.

She was also, I concluded, the one who would be supplying the birds.

... I didn't want to fly.

T.Mor:

Mr.Face kept...being.... how he...was... and... it was... like... er... yeah.

And.. there was this lady, who... had a house... in the dirt...somewhere... and... She probably was going to be the one with whatever a bird was.

I just was quiet some more... and...er... yeah... uhm.

Last edited by Mr.Face on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Invisimort
Invisimort

http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:31 pm

The Stonekeeper

I nodded, vaguely gesturing towards the newborns.

"Yeah, they refuse to fly, and its a little to close to the dark for my liking. Do you mind Maolin?" I inquired, ignoring the man behind me.

After all, figuring out how to get them back was a bit more important than answering this confusing questions.

"There's eight of-" I broke off, frowning a little as I glanced back at them again. "Er...six of them. I must have lost two."

Well, that was unfortunate.
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:00 pm

Marley
Oh yeah... he didn't know. I wondered what he thought of my disappearance for however long I had been... yeah. I hadn't kept track of time very well, I had to admit. Did he think I had abandoned him? Run away permanently? Moved on? My stomach twisted as I realized that he being Cricket had probably done his best to forget about me regardless.

I was so out of it that I didn't notice another winged pal until Crick started flipping out. Dang, I really needed to stay concentrated, it's not every day you die and wake up in a delusion with fairies and your boyfriend who may or may not just be in your imagination at the moment. Heh.

"Um... hi!" I pipped up "Am I dead? Because if I am, I'd really like to know before I'm tossed into any fiery pits"

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Rhiannon

I just stared at them for a moment longer, then grinned as the questions really sank in. "Oh, you really are new, aren't you?" I asked, fluttering my wings a bit faster.

Lowering slowly to the ground I watched them carefully, deciding that they weren't as bad as a few of the newborns I'd seen over the years.

"I'm Rhiannon.. and as for the other stuff...." I hesitated, trying to figure how best to put it.

Well they didn't look like they were delicate, which probably meant they'd understand, and be able to take, a blunt answer.

"Yeah, you died. This is the world of the Fay, those who die young, more often than not, will end up here."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:24 pm

The Beastmaster

"Well then," I said, "looks like we'll be taking an owl. Be back in a moment!"

I secured my pack on my back, turned around, headed back inside, and closed the doors behind me. I quickly flew through the large underground space to the stables, my blue jay Tohl following faithfully behind as always. I touched down, entered the stables, and went straight for Jyon, a great gray owl. I led him out and over to the saddle room where he assisted me with getting his saddle (because really, the thing is huge!). I firmly secured the straps below his neck and around his legs before mounting Tohl and taking the reigns.

"Ya!" I urged.

We flew out over to the caverns, Jyon following as I instructed. A hollow tree was lodged into the ground there; I'd made a huge hole in the bark, turning the tree into a tunnel out. Up through the tree, then, and out through a second hole at the top. We burst through the leaves, the low-hanging branches of other immediately adjacent trees snapping back into place behind us and perfectly concealing the exit once more. We soared back over to the group of waiting Fay and touched down. I dismounted.

"Alright, everybody on the owl," I said. "Be careful to strap yourselves in completely. You wouldn't want to fall before you've gotten the chance to learn to fly properly!"

Bird saddles had straps for your legs and waist so you could firmly secure yourself. In fact, you could ride upside-down and not fall off. They also had handles right before the seats so you could hang on if you wanted. Passenger owls like these ones had the seats side-by-side in rows of two, going from the base of the neck to the bottom edges of the wings. It wasn't like you could sit astride an owl anyway, as they were far too big. Jyon also didn't have reigns; I would fly in front of him on Tohl, and he would tail us.

I crossed back over the doors I'd originally come through, shut them, locked them, and hid the entrance with a grass camouflage cover. The doors were right flat on the ground, so they looked like part of it this way. My lovely stables were completely undetectable. And my house. That was in there, too. Once I was done, I went back over to Tohl and mounted him again.

"Let me know when you guys are ready!" I announced. "And be ready quickly. Dusk is setting in, after all!"
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Cricket

Ah! I knew I'd die young. To be honest, I was still half-convinced that I was simply knocked out in an alley somewhere, but just in case, I gave the world a big Ha! Beat you to the chase. I knew this was going to happen eventually. I think. . . . Just in case. Honestly, I couldn't have honestly been dead, could I? I'd never been dead before . . . ah . . . but say I was, in fact, truly dead . . .

"And for 'ow long, Lassie Rhiannon?" If this was heaven . . . pft. I never thought heaven would come with butterfly wings. So I couldn't be here forever.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Name: Coral
**General Appearance:
Wings:
The World of the Fay - Page 3 4405443370_e5faa83814
The World of the Fay - Page 3 4408173788_c11f0eb467
Light color: Bronze-Gold
How you died: Welllllll, she was nailed to a tree by her hands, shot in both knees, and blown up by a bomb.
Ability: Wind manipulation and very mild precipitation manipulation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Chelsea
So long as I could get rid of Damian.. the brat was getting heavy...
Another half wonder if Tim was the least bit concerned for how long his technical brother was staying unconscious... I swear, I didn't hit him /that/ hard... Didn't people only stay unconscious for a few minutes? An hour at most?
Tim and I hadn't really said anything yet...which....I didn't really mind... I didn't really know what to say...
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Mr.Face:

... ...No. No a million times over.

No way at all that I was going to get on anything that was preceded by a warning of: "strap yourself in so you don't fall off and die". Especially when said death would be caused by falling through open space.

"I'll take the next monorail, please and thank you." I stated bluntly.

T.Mor:

I listened to the lady and proceeded to go do what she said... it was hard to get everything tied in tight enough... because... uh, I'm kind of... skinny... but... I... I got them.... as tight as I could...

I noticed Mr.Face being all... "no" about flying on this thing... which... He can be weird sometimes.

Really weird.

I tried to ignore him some more.

Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:58 pm

The Beastmaster

"Monorail?" I asked the...really weird one. Was that related to some kind of power? ...Freaky. "What's a monorail? And hey, if you want to stay out here during the Dusk Time, be my guest. But if you don't want to be eaten, perhaps eaten alive, get on the owl. I'm not going to wait for you if you don't. I for one would like to be inside the gates of the city once they're closed."
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:07 am

Mr.Face:

Is it bad that I had to seriously consider whether or not I would rather potentially die than ride on that thing?

"A monorail is a vehicle with one track that transports one from point A to point B with a roof and four walls...and a floor. And no flight risk." I explained stiffly.

I wasn't prepared to actually submit myself to her demands, even though I realised that eventually I would probably have to. It was... infuriating to say the least.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 am

The stonekeeper

Letting Maolmin deal with the faceless man, I climbed into my seat and strapped myself in as I normally would. Although, I honestly preceded flying to the birds. Except for the fact flying to the city myself would cause the Yates to shut before I got there, which wasn't good. I'D been stuck out once during dusk time before...and the I wouldn't do that again on a bet.

It wasn't something you forgot, meeting up with a starlighter at night, it wasn't like the pretty faces I'd seen on them before. It was....like the demons my Dad warned me about when I was alive. Maybe I should have listened to him, maybe I'd be a not safer now with that kind of knowledge.

Last edited by BUBBLES <3 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:12 am

The Beastmaster

"...How in the blazes does that work?" I asked, blinking. I shook my head, my frizzy, brown hair swishing with the action. "Nevermind that. Let me put this simply: Get on the owl and strap yourself in unless you feel like dying. If you do feel like dying, then by all means, stay right were you are."

What, did the newbie want to die twice? Honestly...
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:21 am

Marley
Oh. Well then. Bluntness is good, I guess. It gets you places. Plus, really... not like I didn't already pretty much know that anyway. And hypothetically, if I was in some kind of trippy drug induced coma that my subconscious had brought on, this in-dream chick could be lying to me.

And I most definitely didn't want to consider the possibility that Cricket was actually dead, too.

"Oh... er... that's cool..." I trailed off, glancing over at Crick "Seriously though, there are no firy pits, right? 'Cause that would be annoying and stuff..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:27 am

Rhiannon

My lips twitched, and I shook my year, glancing from them to. He sky and back again. "No, not fiery pits, although some would say we've been cursed with hell's demons. But, that's a matter of opinion, nothing to worry 'bout."

Chewing on my lip for a moment I considered how to answer the guy, then shrugged, going once again with bluntness.

"You'll live till you die again, which is easier than you'd thinking. Sure, Fay are all but immortal time wise, we age very slowly, its all to easy to die from something else, such as the creatures that roam this field at night. Which happens to only he hours from now..."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:28 am

Coral
NGJFKDGNHJFKDHGDFJ
I HATE that guy. Him and his killing bunnies. Seriously, the poor fluffy things. What did they do to him? It's not their fault they're so cute. It's not mine either.
I bet that's why he kills us- our cuteness.
Yeah. That's it.

So when I saw him shooting those poor little creatures, I got... mad.
WHY DOES LIGHTENING NOT KILL HIM?

NHKDHGFJDK.

One thing about the big meany- if you electrocute him, he gets mad. Odd, right?
So next thing I know he has me nailed to a tree and... now I'm... on a soft bed?
Wait, what?
I stirred, my eyes flying open as I realized several things all at once.
1-there was no pain. My knees didn't hurt, my hands weren't all holey and my feet weren't on fire. Thank the Lollypops! That hurt.
Now 2- I was on something soft. Not a bed but... moss?
And last but not least....3- ... Something felt off... on my back.
I sat up, hands automatically flying to my back. He better not of put a bomb on me ag-oh wait... that didn't feel like a bomb, it felt like...
I spun around in circles, probably looking like a puppy going after his tail as I tried to see- AHA! WINGS! They were green and blue and gold and- YAY.

I jumped up, fluttering them experimentally.
I gave a delighted laugh and fluttered them some more, barely acknowledging the world around me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:31 am

Mr.Face:

I thought about that seriously for a few more moments.

On the one hand... dying a second time... would no be particularly pleasurable or wanted.

On the other hand, I would be Internet knows how many feet from any kind of audible... anything. Which would be... horrible. Absolutely awful.

I finally just complied, sitting closest to the centre as possible, and tightening everything until I could feel it biting into my skin. So what if my suit was damaged in the process? It didn't matter. And then I plugged my ears and waited for it all to be over.

Not that actually plugging them would help much, because the seal wasn't entirely airtight and I could still feel things moving and whatnot... but... solace in small comforts, right?
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:52 am

Svana

Only hours from now my kin would be hunting.

They would search the fields for Fay. For children who'd disobeyed their parents and stayed put late. For those who'd forgotten the date and endes up outside the locked gate. The newly changed would get the first found prey, they would make their first kill, feel their first Fay tremble in fear.

And yet, here I stood. Watching the suns slip down with dread, realizing that with each moment it became more, and more critical for the signs of the change to appear. Anything, my eyes lightening, my body growing hard, covering with the armor of the stars.

Nothing, I could feel nothing. And when I could stand of no longer, I flee, ignoring the call of my only friend, knowing what had to be done. It was obvious now, I'm a daylighter. One of the few monsters amount a pure, and ancient race of the most powerful beings to roam this world. Unlike my kin, O would live in the light, and in the dark I would remain the same. So it was my job to lead, to find my place and fight for it. That place, was amount the Fay, spies, they were everywhere, and now, I was amount their vast ranks.

Keeping all of this in mind, I flew towards the city, knowing that in order to seem real, I'd have to not only perform strong glamor, but appear when normal dtarlighters would be unable to show themselves. Upon reaching the sky above the birthing stones I spotted movement below me. Letting my eyes drop down for a moment, I felt them get wide as I realized what I was seeing. Not only a Fay, but a new Fay.

Hesitation nipped at my mind as I dropped down to the shelter of the flowers, eyes centered on her. She was young, and uneducated in the ways of this world. If O were smart I'd use her, buy my way in by pretending to be new.

The question was, could AI manage that kind of glamor? It was one thing to be a Fay, another to have the appearance of a still glowing light. Daylighters were said to be more powerful in magic than even starlighters. So perhaps, just perhaps.

Closing my eyes I let tue magic swell up in me, gripping what I needing and letting it drip over ly mind, to control my body in that moment. I didn't need to look to know that the deathly pale color of my skin had faded, to be replaced by an olive tone, or that my normally black eyes now seemed to be a soft jade. My hair I left alone, no meed to change that. My wings changed to the markings of a Fay, the stars changing and becoming the shade of my eyes. The black faded into a silvery gray tone for the most part of the songs.

Satisfied I slipped out of the protection of plants, way jingle her only a momentlonger before speaking, forcing a soft jade glow from my skin.

"Hello."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:59 am

Chelsea
The silence was uneasy. I didn't like the silence between us. But...I didn't know what to say... And when I didn't, he knew. Even if it was something small, he knew. But his silence...meant he didn't know...? He must hate me now. I didn't keep my promise. I didn't -

Stop thinking about it, stupid girl. Focus on something else. Like getting up onto the suddenly large sized owl with only three limbs. Or... the wings. With I didn't want to call mine yet. Again, it was like the Batgirl suit. Just a costume. It wasn't something official, wasnt something I accepted.

There was a slight change in breathing from Damian, something familiar. "You fucking CREEP."

I drop him but he twists like a cat and lands on his feet. Stupidstupid cats! "Jeez, about bloody time you noticed..." He grins and stands. "Hope you enjoyed being ridden little bitch. Next time you're losing something important if you so much as touch me!"

I give a noise of annoyance, turning sharply and getting on the damn owl. Don't give him the satisfaction of threatening back, ive learned. Hes suddenly next to me though. "I want my katana."

"No," I say through bared teeth.

"Fatgirl, I want my fucking -"

"You'll sit down and shut the fuck up before I snap it in half, Damian Wayne. I swear to your damn /Grandfather/. You're fucking grounded, don't you even utter another /word to me/!" I snap at him. Absolutely snap. And he looks scared. He tries to keep an even face but hes scared. I see it in his eyes. I glare forward, happy for the silence now. I feel myself shaking. I'm clenching my teeth so hard they hurt.
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:02 am

Coral

I stopped short, fluttering my wings a few more times as I looked at the person who spoke.
She had wings too. Huh. I tilted my head, bouncing on my heels as I noticed they were different from mine. Good. Mine were prettier.
"Hi!" I chirped, stepping forward. "Do you know how to fly?"
I rustled my wings again, trying to see if I could make them lift me. After all, that's what wings did, right? Lift you?
I hope so. If not, this was a sucky heaven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 am

Cricket

I felt more eyes on me, and glanced over at Marley. I didn't explore the subject of death any further; just tossed it aside in my mind like it was an old piece of trash. I didn't want to worry about it. As for this place . . .

I looked back at the fairy girl, telling me that I was going to spend another fine portion of my existance being three inches tall. Now, I was already short in real life . . . I supposed this was the universe's version of a joke on the guy named after a bug, was to make him the size of one.

Bright side. These flowers . . . were enourmous. It was a whole new perspective, down there beneath them. I'd say I liked it, but I wasn't about to get comfortable just yet. I was bound to wake up half-dead, any second now.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:10 am

Svana

My lips twitched as I studied the girl, just barely holding back from nodding to myself. She would work perfectly. "Yes, I know how to fly."

Stepping closer once more, I fluttered my wings to hover a little, showing that I was telling the truth. After all, why should O expect her to believe me, in the normal world, pepper didn't look like this I'd been told. No dircetly of course, it was some of the inherited knowledge, something my parents knew, or their parent, there were somethings that pass on from generation yo generation. Some of it useful, most of it just...boring.

"Its not that hard, just flutter your songs a bit faster and jump a bit. Should work."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:18 am

The Beastmaster

I watched them, my purple wings twitching with agitation the more they dawdled. If it weren't for them, I'd have already been on my way back to the city. Finally, they were all settled.

"Alright!" I announced. "Let's go!"

I turned back around, made sure I myself was secure in my own saddle, and urged both birds to fly. We jumped in the air; with a few quick wing pumps, we were soaring over the fields. I instructed Tohl and Jyon to move quickly to try to make up for lost time. If all went smoothly, we'd be at the gates within an hour of their closing. Then I could happily clean my hands of the newbie group, put the birds in the stables I had in the city, go home, and get a good night's rest.

Yeah...that was gonna be nice.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:22 am

Coral

I stared at her in awe, watching her carefully.
"Flutter, jump," I repeated to myself, trying to engrave it into my memory.
"Flutter, jump, flutter, jump, flutter-"
A step, skip, jump annnnnnd- Faceplant.
Ow.

Alright, that was harder than it looked.

I brushed back some tears, staring at my scrapped elbow as I fluttered my wings in an upset manner.

"I'm-I'm sorry," I gasped, trying to stop the wobble in my voice.
I hope she doesn't get mad at me for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next