the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In His Way, Mr. K Will Challenge The World...

4 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

In His Way, Mr. K Will Challenge The World... - Page 28 Empty Re: In His Way, Mr. K Will Challenge The World...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:43 am

Jude
"I'm sorry" I sighed, running my hands through my hair "Alright, you've given me information, and now it's my turn. Ask away"

Back to top Go down

In His Way, Mr. K Will Challenge The World... - Page 28 Empty Re: In His Way, Mr. K Will Challenge The World...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:48 am

Julia: I sat down on the other end of the couch, across from Jude, and tried to think of what I wanted to know. "Um...it's better to lie than tell the truth here, isn't it? If you tell anyone your real story, or your real name then it seems like you're in trouble. Like, Aro made me have a stage name, and you didn't want me to know your real name. Why is that?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:50 am

Jude
"Knowledge is power. The more somebody knows about you, the more power they have over you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:52 am

Julia: "Well that's perfectly awful. That means no one can have any friends. You can't be friends with someone who knows nothing about you, and you can't be friends with someone who has too much power over you. Would you say we're about even, knowledge wise? You and I?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:55 am

Jude
"It is pretty bad...but in case you haven't noticed, there aren't many 'friendships' around here. It's all about alliances. What connections will get you the farthest, the most money, how to get higher up the social ladder, that kind of thing. And yes, fairly even" Though she knew much more about me then I was comfortable with, actually

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:01 am

Julia: "But you don't like that," My eyes flashed up to Jude, they had been looking at the floor. I could tell in his voice that he didn't like how much I knew about him. One thing I owed to my short time at the Cirque - I had begun to see through fakes and liars. Or just hiders, people that didn't tell you how they felt flat out. "You don't like that I know so much about you, and...and that's why you have me here. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Is that what this is?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:04 am

Jude
"No, surprisingly...not. Trust me, none of my enemies have ever been in my home. Well, except for once, but that ended with one of the surgeries I was telling you about."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:07 am

Julia: "Okay," I said, but the skepticism didn't leave my eyes or my voice. It would all make so much more sense if Jude had brought me here because I knew too much. I sometimes tricked myself into believing things, just so that everything clicked into place. "Next question...should I buy some sort of weapon? I really doubt I'm any good with a knife or a gun, but as a precaution, should I? Do most people carry something?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:09 am

Jude
"Most people, yes. You would probably just end up hurting yourself more than your attacker, though. Do you have any pepper spray?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:12 am

Julia: "I said I'm probably not good with knives, I didn't say I was a complete klutz! And no, I don't have any pepper spray. I have, well, I don't know what you'd call it...this liquid that I can drink and instead of breathing flames, like Aro does, I can breathe ice crystals," I wondered if it sounded like a silly weapon. Aro had seemed pretty scared when I had used it, though, so maybe it wasn't half-bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:15 am

Jude
I looked impressed "Only use that when you have to though, alright?" (don't actually know what she's talking about XD) "Any other questions?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:17 am

(lol, didn't quite no how to explain it. She drinks it, and then she can blow ice crystals instead of fire. Like, ugh I don't know how to explain it very well)

Julia: "I'll probably think of some, but for now - no," I yawned a very small little yawn. I had learned that yawning wasn't polite, so I tried not to usually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:19 am

Jude
"You need to get hom..." Then there was knocking. "Get behind the couch" I whispered, taking the knife from my jacket and standing up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:22 am

Julia: My eyes widened and I dove behind the couch, glad that I was somewhat light on my feet, and could do so quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:27 am

Jude
Walking over, I through a hole in the door. Then I open it slowly, hiding the knife behind my back. "Actually, he attacked me." I responded to the man "No, I didn't mean to do that to your son, Mr Jameson, he appeared at my apartment with a gun... Best of luck to his speedy recovery." I lied. Hopefully that son of a gun would just go ahead and die already. "Is that all?" Then the man's fist connected with my face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:31 am

Julia: I had been peeking out from the side of the couch watching, and had to keep myself from crying out when the man punched Jude. I quickly hid back behind the couch. Should I go help him? Or would that just make things worse? Maybe I should just wait and see if they got into a full-out fight? I knew all these questions were a waste of time, but my logical brain couldn't do this sort of thing. I was use to living in a nice neighborhood, where this sort of thing didn't happen. I should have asked Jude what to do in this kind of situation, but how could I have known?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:35 am

Jude
Dang it, once I got out of this I had another survival tip for Julia: don't pick fights with assassin's sons. I hit the ground, but quickly roll to my feet. Luckily for me, it was soon after the Cirque's latest show, which means everybody in the city would be stoned. This guy was no exception. I landed a punch to his gut and face before he whipped out his gun and fired. Diving out of the way, the bullet carved a long path along my left arm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:39 am

Julia: Oh no, that hadn't sounded good, not good at all. I felt useless, like I should be doing something, but what? I could try the ice crystals, but I wondered if they'd do enough damage...well, I could try for Jude's sake. I took a sip out of the vial, and then peeked over the couch so I could aim. I blew out, and the mist I spewed turned quickly to icicles, sharps as daggers. About ten of them pierced the man in the doorway, leaving deep gashes and knocking the gun from his hand...

(Okay, so they're like icicles that form from this mist she uses. It's SO hard to explain grr....)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:44 am

(that sounds really cool)
Jude
As I hit the ground again, an icicle barely misses my head. What the...? Julia wasn't kidding about the ice then. The man fell backwards, almost falling off the balcony. Standing up, I run over and see that his blood is slipping through the cracks onto the street below. One of the icicles had cut open his throat, and when I checked his pulse I noticed he was gone. But if Julia knew she had killed him...taking his gun, I put a bullet through his head, for her sake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:50 am

Julia: I ran out onto the balcony to Jude, and saw that the man was dead, or he he looked dead. There was blood everywhere, and it looked like Jude had shot him. Death and blood mixed altogether almost made me faint, but I managed not to. I looked over at Jude and there was a gash from the man's bullet on Jude's arm. My eyes widened art all the destruction around me. Just from one misunderstanding, it had sounded like. "So this is what the real world's like," I whispered, half to myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:52 am

Jude
"Yeah" I whisper, putting the man's gun in my jacket. It never hurt to have an extra "Welcome to the world" Glancing over, I scanned her for signs of shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:54 am

Julia: "I'd better be getting...home," I nodded, suddenly missing my 'natural' house. But I wouldn't be going back there. I wasn't sure where I'd go. I had runaway from home, and wasn't welcome fully at the Cirque, yet - possibly never. I had too much pride to tell Jude that, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:58 am

Jude
Sighing, I glance at the girl, seeing her lost expression "I'll take the couch, you can have the bed. First I need to take care of the body though, so if you need to take a shower or something do that now. You can borrow one of my shirts" I was guarded, but not heartless. She obviously had no place to go, and I knew what that felt like

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:00 am

Julia: "No," I blinked and shook my head. "I can't do that. That goes against so many - just no. I'll see you at the Cirque...possibly, okay?" I went to lower down the ladder, unless I was supposed to jump from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:02 am

Jude
"Still afraid of me?" I ask...though in retrospect, her fears were probably well founded. She did think I had just killed a guy...even if she's really the one that did it. Besides, he had come looking for me "Trust me, I won't hurt you. I know what it's like not to have a home"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next