the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I promised/I'd never sing of love/If it does not exist

5 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

I promised/I'd never sing of love/If it does not exist Empty I promised/I'd never sing of love/If it does not exist

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:51 pm

The title is from The Only Exception, by Paramore - hopefully you now understand why there are slashes!

Love at first sight? Puh-leaze.
How many times have you heard of that?
If it's more than a few, than I'd question whether people are telling you the truth.

This chat is set at a university, and there is just one rule:

Your characters may not fall in love with the first person they talk to.

They can be friends, best friends, enemies - just not lovers.

Why? Because in romance chats, people often stray from character.
Your character has certain tastes in a mate, I'm sure, so don't blur those tastes with your own (or other random peoples' tastes)
Have them fall in love with someone they seem compatible with!

Requirements to fall in love:
-Each character must talk to four characters of the *opposite* gender before selecting their official mate.
This is to prevent insta-matching characters. Like, saying "Oh, you'll do" and then riding into the sunset, which is not allowed.
-Each character must talk to one character of the *same* gender before selecting their official mate.
Let's be realistic, how many people do you know that *only* have friends of the opposite gender?
Many times, in romance chats, relationships beyond romantic ones are neglected. This requirement make sure that everyone has friends, not just a boyfriend/girlfriend.
-Obviously, as stated above, no falling in love with the first person you talk to! (look up for an explanation)

Oh, and please make both a boy and a girl.

Name:
Year (e.g. freshman):
Personality:
Looks:
Background:
Other:

Who can't be together?
(next to each name are the other names that can not be paired with that character)

Lydia: Damien
Jack: Ammi, Ilia
Jamie: Oliver
Kyle: Ammi
Nathaniel/Nate: Ray
Madeline: Dimitri
Ivory: Aaron, Austin
Oliver: Jamie, April
Amethyst/Ammi: Jack, Kyle
Dimitri: Madeline
Raychelle/Ray: Nate
Damien: Lydia, Vikki
Ilia: Jack
Aaron: Ivory
Zoey:
Keith:
April: Oliver
Blaine:
Vikki: Damien
Austin: Ivory
Rose:
Sebastian:

Last edited by !nspired on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 7 times in total

Back to top Go down

I promised/I'd never sing of love/If it does not exist Empty Re: I promised/I'd never sing of love/If it does not exist

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Name: Lydia McClare
Year: freshman
Personality: Sweet, bubbly, a little shy, likes to laugh though she, herself, isn't all that funny - not in her opinion.
Looks: Light brown hair, the color of wheat, and gray-blue eyes.
Background: Came from a very strict family, she mostly hung out with her puppy, Bruno. So she's a little introverted, but she can't help it.
Other: Her favorite color is blue, and she likes to bake & knit her friends presents.

Name: Jack McCurdy
Year: Junior
Personality: Independent, clever, friendly, a little pushy.
Looks:rusty brown hair, not quite auburn, though, and a prominent, straight nose (it looks good on his face). Hazel eyes and tannish skin. Tall and muscular, was on his high school football team.
Background: Was always pushed by his dad to be a football star, whereas his mom told him to quit caring so much about it. Therefore, he's had to make his own decisions a lot.
Other: Plays Black Ops when he's not playing football.

Name: Jamie Denver
Year (e.g. freshman): senior
Personality: Two-faced, charming, gossipy, sweet, manipulative
Looks: golden-blonde waves a little past her shoulders, and tanned skin. Hazel eyes and a great smile. (looks like Blake Lively)
Background: Came from a rich family, who is only sending her to college so she can be in a sorority. She doesn't really need to get a degree, because she'll just inherit the family business.
Other: Is a cheer leader, and loves to party. Can't stand big dogs.

Name: Kyle Galoris
Year (e.g. freshman): Senior
Personality: Calm, cool, a little intimidating.
Looks: Very tan skin, he was born on a tropical island, muscles, and shortish, dark hair. Has surprisingly blue-green eyes, since he's only half-tropical.
Background: Was sent here by his parents, because they didn't want him to live at home and go to a local college - they were sick of his attitude.
Other: Has a "bad boy" rep, wears a worn, brown leather jacket, and Ray Ban sunglasses.

Name: Austin McClare
Year (e.g. freshman): senior
Personality: The opposite of his sister, besides being nice. He's loud and sometimes obnoxious...basically, he's a GUY. Shares his sister's love for animals, but he also loves to surf.
Looks: Light brown, shaggy hair and gray-blue eyes, the family resemblance between him and Lydia is apparents. Muscular build from surfing, and tanner skin than Lydia's because he goes outside more.
Background: Was the rebel of the two siblings, always going to parties, etc. His parents sent his sister here because they though he might help her show off that side, though they don't really approve of it.
Other: Takes runs in the park almost everyday

Name: Vikki (prounounced Vy-key)
Year (e.g. freshman): junior
Personality: Bubbly, outgoing, might seem a little bit ADHD. She's a very loyal friend, when you get to know her, a good secret keeper. When it comes to boys, she likes ones who can make her laugh.
Looks: Strawberry blonde/red hair to her shoulders. Basically the color of a ginger, but it's silky-smooth and she doesn't have sensitive skin and freckles. Navy eyes
Background: Is an artist, and likes to dress creatively. Her parents are very plain, boring people, and don't really know what to do with her.
Other: ...

Last edited by !nspired on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

I promised/I'd never sing of love/If it does not exist Empty Re: I promised/I'd never sing of love/If it does not exist

Post by Avery Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Name: Nathaniel Webber
Year (e.g. freshman): 19
Personality: Quiet, slightly reserved, a little sarcastic, quirky
Looks: Dark honey blonde hair and big hazel eyes. Tall, lean, scar on his left cheek, under his eye.
Background: Raised in London until he was 14, moved and finished high school. His parents are both still overseas, aspiring to come over to the United States, soon.
Other: Left an abusive household, living with his Aunt.

Name: Madeline LeFou
Year (e.g. freshman): Freshman
Personality: Curious, naive, she's a bit spoiled
Looks: Long dark hair with a natural wave, grey eyes, olive toned skin, medium height and curvy
Background: Her mother was french and her father is American. She was born in America, too. Her mother died when she was 9 and she wanted to send her to a good college.
Other: N/A

Name: Ivory Lathe-Carter
Year (e.g. freshman): Junior
Personality: Rambunctious, carefree, committment issues
Looks: Dark black- blue hair and bright, almond shaped, brown eyes, pale, medium height, shapely, thin
Background: Ivory is Japanese America, through the third generation. Her father is very strict and pushes her to try her best in everything that she does. Her mom is more carefree.
Other: She has a few piercings, hates drunk people, she gets fairly good grades and is pretty popular around the school

Name: Oliver Hess
Year (e. g. freshman): Sophomore
Personality: Chivalrous, curious, inventive
Looks: dark, burnt sienna colored hair and gey eyes, pale, tall, thin, wears glasses
Background: (My first completely American boy!) He grew up in new england and was always fascinated with making new things. He was shipped out to college at 18, but he got out of high school early, at 16.
Other: n/a

Last edited by Hooters on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Can I join?
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Name: Amethyst (goes by Ammi)
Year (e.g. freshman): sophmore
Personality: kinda shy, loves music, spends most of her time in a music room or dance studio.
Looks: mousy, messy, ragged brown hair that is some how cute. Spikes out in angles. has reddish brown streaks through it. Greenish gold eyes and light golden tan skin
Background: Grew up with an abusive father. She was raped by him when she was 11, but no one believed her. relates to the song 'dark i know well' and is usually singing to it to herself when she thinks she alone.
Other: wears a leather jacket and a dog tag that was her ex's before he passed away. they broke up, but she still cared for him like he was her brother.

Name: Dimitri
Year (e.g. freshman): junior
Personality: you shall see
Looks: dark brown/black hair. Warm brown eyes. light tan skin. Is toned and a runner.
Background: no idea yet
Other: no idea yet

Last edited by asueu13 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Name: Raychelle Moore (Ray to close friends, but gets pissed when someone/a stranger calls her that)
Year (e.g. freshman): Freshman
Personality: She looks very innocent because of her big brown eyes, but she's observant and willing to use that against you.
Looks: Brown eyes (XD) and straight black hair she keeps at her shoulders. Her clothes are usually neutral, but that's just because she doesn't like shopping or trying on new clothes.
Background:

Name: Damien Moore
Year (e.g. freshman): Junior
Personality: Very protective of his little sister, Ray. Once you get past his shield, he'll start to be pretty interesting. Before his parents died, he used to be a severe prep, but now that he has someone to take care of...he doesn't care about any of that.
Looks: Dyed his hair with a red tint, but it's black. His eyes are more black than brown. He's kind of emo now, since that's as far apart as he can get from popular.
Background: Both of their parents died in a car crash, but since Damien was legally an adult, he took Ray in.

Last edited by Sweet. Agony.1397 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:22 pm

I'll start in just a couple minutes! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Oh, and remember guys - the whole point of this chat is to stay true to character.
E.g. my football player dude, won't be falling in love with some goth. See?

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:24 pm

kk...
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:26 pm

o-o what? Did I say something wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:27 pm

no, im just tired and ending everything with....
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:34 pm

Lydia: I scanned the board at the center of campus that had the flyers for all the University Clubs. Drama? No, I get stage fright. Environmental? I'd probably say something stupid. Craft Club? Perfect! I smiled and signed my name in perfect, curly, cursive.

Jack: I lobbed the football across the campus center, to my friend on the other side. This was only the first day back, but I had found my old friends right away, and made some new ones. I was naturally good with people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Ammi: I walked outside smiling, my hands in my pocket. Another year safe. Another year at the place i felt truely at home. I ran into jack as i walked with my eyes closed. "oh...sorry jack." I laughed lightly, getting up from teh ground. Short girl, plus football payer eaquals short girl falling. Its simple math really.

Dimitri: I walked around the campus, guitar in one hand and drum sticks in the other. I was determined to get a band started this year. Or die trying.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 pm

Jack: "No problem." I shrugged, then smirked. "Why were you walking with your eyes closed?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Ray: I glance at Damien for a moment, ensuring that this was my room. After a curt nod from him, I push open the door. He didn't talk much, Damien, but I could see why now.

Damien: I glance in the hallways one last time before following her in and setting the suitcase on the bed. She meets my eyes and I motion for her to come out into the hallway so she can meet people.
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Ammi: "Felt like it. testing balence. Seeing if anyone would notice me." I smiled as air rushed around us, making my spiky hair blow out in more odd angles. I gave Jack a quick hug. "Its nice to see you again."
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:43 pm

Nate: I looked around the campus, my mouth pressed into a hard line and my hair shining in the sun. My eyes were half close, sheilding them from the late summer sun, and looking straight at the campus. I started toward the big building feigning confidence.

Madeline: I sighed, walking up a flight of stairs, going to get to my dorm, hopefully before anyone else did. I wanted to set the bar, be the prime example of a roommate. I found my room and plopped on the bed, grateful I had brought my own sheets. College gray was /not/ my color.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Ray: Sighing, I follow him out the door of the college. As soon as I catch sight of the courtyard, I make a beeline for it.

Damien: I sit down on the steps and watch her, taking a deep breath and loving the smell of a new year.
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Lydia: I finished up signing up for clubs - I'd also done Baking Club! - and headed to go inside. But there was a boy blocking my way on the steps. "Uh, erm...hello." I didn't just want to rudely say 'get outta the way!' especially since he looked older.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:48 pm

Jack: "Yeah, sure. Nice to see you." I nodded once, turning back to face my friend, who had just lobbed the ball back to me. "Did ya get a good roommate?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Madeline: I walked out of my room and passed a boy, smiling a little. "Hey, do you know where the elevator is?" I asked, pursing my lips. He was sure to be older than me, to know.
(It's Dimitri)
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Ammi: I dont even know my room mate yet." I sighed, shaking my head. "i'm kinda hoping to go solo this year, but a room mate wouldnt be to bad. 'specially after last year...i hated my room mate. She was such a slob."

Dimitri: I turned to the girl who was talking to me and smiled. "Sure. Go into the main building make a right then a left....why do i just show you?" I offered.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:51 pm

!nspired wrote:Lydia: I finished up signing up for clubs - I'd also done Baking Club! - and headed to go inside. But there was a boy blocking my way on the steps. "Uh, erm...hello." I didn't just want to rudely say 'get outta the way!' especially since he looked older.

Damien: I look up and scoot to the side. "Don't have to be nice about it," I mutter.
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Madeline smiled a little and nodded gratefully. "Thanks," she said.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next