the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War: Menos Van

2 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

World War: Menos Van - Page 9 Empty Re: World War: Menos Van

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Hyrum gave a small nod as he watched her. "As far as I know, she's still fine," he said, feelig slightly taken back by the question. How was he suppose to know that? He didn't ask. That was sort of...personal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Rosa-
I nodded, relieved. "I'm sorry. That was bold of me. I'm sure you've had a long travel. My apologies, I am holding you. " I opened the door for him, giving him a grateful smile. "THank you, for bringing my Capella home."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:59 pm

"Of course ma'am," Hyrum's heels clicked dully as he stood at attention and gave a small bow. He then wakled out the door and went to untether his animal, his heart feeling sad. "Ma'am," he turned to face her aunt again. "Might I ask you a question?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Rosa- I blinked, stepping out further so I could see him in the dark. "Yes, why yes, of course. What is it, hun?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Hyrum took a deep breath and looked down before meeting her eyes again. "Ma'am...you wouldn't have happened to know a family by the surname of Marks, would you?"

(that's his family)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Rosa-

I forrowed my brows, thinking hard. "As a matter of fact, it rings a bells. Can't recall why though. Why?" I looked him over, not sure where this was going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Hyrum took a breath. "You just look familiar is all," he gave a small smile and bowed slightly again. "Have a goodnight ma'am." He turned back to his animal, working on untethering it. He didn't really want to go back to he barroks, and he deffinately did not want to go without seeing Capella ever again. But so was life, and he had come to accept its cruel cycle long ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:15 pm

Rosa-
I watched him with slight confusion, nodding my head. "You have a good night, son, be safe." I closed the door and leaned against it. What a day. I bustled back to the kitchen, quickly gathering up Capella and sending her to bed, taking perch by her door. She worried me. I didn't want to lose her again. Thank Takara she was safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:23 pm

The next morning Hyrum picked up Adam who was quiet and dead, of course. He took him to his house hold, turning him over to the head of house that looked over his home while he was gone. While unloading his animal, he found a small locket that he always kept on him. He swallowed hard and went back to Capella's house, knocking on the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:47 pm

Rosa-
I heard the knock and bustled to fix my dress, making my way forward and peering through the door. Oh! It was Hyrum! I opened it up, a wide smile. "Morning, to what do I owe this visit?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Hyrum looked up slightly shocked as if he didn't think anyone was home. "Oh, uh...I was...I was wondering if you could look at this for me," he held out the locket and swallowed hard as he watched the old woman. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a bother, ma'am."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:04 pm

is she suppose to reconize it? me don't follow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:06 pm

uh yes. I was thinking it could be Capella's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:17 pm

I frowned, taking the object from his hands and bringing it close, studying it. It was... a locket? I gasped, looking up at him. "Where did you get this?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Hyrum watched her for a long moment and swallowed hard. "A girl gave it to me...when I was seven." He cleared his throat, looking between the locket and the woman. "I've kept it with me ever since..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Rosa-
I doubled-taked. "Capella? My Capella gave this to you? It was... It was her mothers... my daughters." I clutched it tightly, holding back tears at the memory. I handed it back to him, looking at him in a whole new light.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Hyrum took the locket gently and stared at it then looked back at the woman. "My mother was Claira Marks...she was good friends with Capella's mother if I remember right," he swallowed hard. "Here, this belongs to you," he went to hand the locket back.

Last edited by Taylow on Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:58 pm

*blinks* wait, you mean to say aunt rosa is his mom?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:06 pm

O.O oops, my bad...*blames her sleep deprived mind* fixed it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Rosa
I shook my head stubbornly, refusing to take. "No, Capella gave it to you. She wanted you to have it. Keep it. Treasure it. It was among the only things of her mother she had." I opened the door further, giving him a smile. "Care for some breakfast, Capella is reading in the den."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:18 pm

Hyrum took a deep breath and gave a small nod. "Yes ma'am, thank you." He followed her inside, trying to not let his nervousness show through. His stoney soldier face was back in place by the time her aunt took him to the den. He swallowed hard and stood there awkwardly with Aunt Rosa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Capella-
I blinked, looking up at the source that blocked out the lighting. "Hyrum?" I stood up, clutching the book I had been reading all night straight. I was freshly changed and bathed, but my lack of sleep was clear on my face. I couldn't sleep. I just couldn't. Alex...
"What are you doing here?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Hyrum glanced at Aunt Rosa and then back at Capella. "I uh...I have something for you." He walked forward and gently took her hand. He set the locket in her hand and closed her fingers around it, his eyes staring into hers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:32 pm

I blinked, opening up my hand and staring at the object. "Impossible," I breathed, stroking it for a moment before glancing back up at him. "Who did you get this from?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Hyrum watched her and took a deep breath. "A little girl with black curls and voilet eyes gave it to me when I was seven, just before my family moved from a village to here. She told me to never forget her," his eyes searched her face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next