the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Fight This Anymore Deviation

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Can't Fight This Anymore Deviation - Page 4 Empty Re: Can't Fight This Anymore Deviation

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Alice took her wrist from him and quickly swallowed the handful of pills. She watched him with gaurded eyes, not wanting to go with him. "I don't want to go to the doctor," she said as she wrapped her arms around herself. Why was she standing here debating when she could just run? She thought about it, but then found herself not wanting to leave his side. He was...comfort? Safety? Maybe?

Back to top Go down

Can't Fight This Anymore Deviation - Page 4 Empty Re: Can't Fight This Anymore Deviation

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:36 pm

"I don't care. Now let me hold your...wrist," Blake decided, taking hold of it and hoping that she wouldn't object. He needed to make sure she didn't run away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Alice thought about resisting, but by this time she could feel the pills working their way into her blood stream. It always went by so much faster when you didn't eat. She followed him reluctantly, feeling oddly complacent as the pills worked their magic and sent her mind into a very happy state. "Why do I have to go?" she asked, deciding that maybe if she did it right, she could convince him that she didn't need to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:43 pm

"Because of your bruises and cuts and your obvious addiction to ... drugs," Blake said, as if the last part disgusted him a little. Which it kind of did. Not that he didn't know about addiction to medicine, but to think that Alice -- frail, defensive, Alice -- was addicted...that was gross. She just seemed to innocent, in a way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Alice noted his tone, but didn't act on it. She was use to it by now. She sighed and followed quietly, stumbling slightly every once in a while. The taxi was there and waiting for them. She frowned and stared at it unsure. She didn't like cars...they honestly scared her. "Do I have to get into that?" she asked pointing to the yellow cab, fear leaking into her voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:50 pm

"Yup, sorry," Blake said, not sounding all that sorry at all. He gently pushed her in before him, then closed and locked the door. He told the taxi driver his address, and glanced at Alice as the car started off. He didn't say anything because, well, he didn't know what to say. And there wasn't much to say, anyway, was there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:01 pm

Alice curled up in the corner, her arms wrapped tightly around her thin body. She stared out the window as she let her mind get lost as the pills hit her system. "I hate cars," she muttered, her eyes closing. "Bad things always happen in them. Especially the back seats." She slowly began to fall asleep, finally passing out, her face pressed to the cool glass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:35 am

When they reached the house, Blake realized that Alice was still asleep. Or she seemed to be. He carefully picked her up, out of the car, and held her at arms length as he carried her inside. He didn't want her to wake up and claw his eyes out because he touched him. He dropped her on the couch of the living room, his mom's girlfriend wasn't home yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:57 am

Alice slept for a long while, the rest having been much needed. She couldn't remember the last time she actually slept. When she woke up she sat up, looking around sleepily. As she came to realize she was in a house her eyes grew wide and her body froze with fear. Was she home? He told her she didn't have to go home. She glanced down to make sure her clothes were still in place, and then wrapped her arms around her knees as she brought them to her chest in hopes of maybe making it harder for whoever it was that lived here, to take her. She felt a tear roll down her cheek and at that moment, she wished the car had actually killed her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Blake walked into the living room, back to check on her as he had been periodically. He saw her position and sighed. "Alice...don't be so tense. No one's going to hurt you here, there's nothing to worry about."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Alice looked up at him, blinked a few times, but didn't relax. If she did, it was barely even noticed. "Where am I?" She asked, not bothering to wipe away the tear that was steadily making its way down her cheek.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:30 pm

"My house, Alice," Blake said patiently, though he didn't have much patience. Ever. So it was already wearing thin. He wouldn't play these games of her's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:35 pm

Alice stared at him and gave a small nod, wondering when he'd leave the room again so she could make a run for it. She didn't like it here. It was...it was a house and she was alone with him. Earlier it had been fine, they had been on the street with people. Now she was alone, in a house, with a man. She watched him carefully, not daring to take her eyes off of him. He could strike at any moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Blake leaned in the doorway to the living room, staring up at the ceiling with his hands in his pockets. "Are you going to treat me like this the whole time? I'm letting you stay in my house, and you're being hostile. Why the hell am I helping you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Alice flinched slightly at his words and then gave a small shrug of the shoulders. "Why are you helping me?" She asked back, her eyes searching his face. She refused to answer the other question. She told him already. Wasn't it logical that she would be afraid of him? That she would be afraid to be alone? He was such an ass. Why was she staying? Because she was to scared to move. What if he caught her off guard?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:45 pm

"I don't know," Blake said, his voice rising a bit, but then he took a deep breath and let it out. "Don't you want help? Be honest, Alice. Don't try to keep your pride, like you have been. Don't you want help?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Pride? Alice hadn't been keeping her pride. She'd been protecting herself. She had no pride left. What was there to be proud of? She was used, dirty in every sense of the word, and broken. She shook her head slightly as she watched him. Her lips parted, a small voice, barely audible, escaping her. "I wish I had died when the car hit me. There is no reason to be alive."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:52 pm

"Fine. Then go. If you really don't want to try to live, then I can't help you. I mean, I can. But you aren't willing to try. So just leave. I won't stop you," Blake said. After just one day, he was giving up. Why? Well, he didn't even know her. Why had he cared to begin with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:00 pm

Alice watched him, still to scared to move. She didn't want to walk past him, what if he grabbed her? Maybe...should she explain? Why did she feel like she had to explain? It wasn't any of his business. She glanced at the windows, seeing that they were open slightly. She wondered if she could scramble through the window before he could catch her. It was worth a shot...right? She at least had a better chance this way, then with trying to cross in front of him. She wondered if there was a way to stall, to maybe distract him while she moved closer to the window, but then again she didn't want to draw any unnecessary attention to herself.
She tried to ignore the pain that had now taken over her mind. The pain of no drugs. How long had she been with out them? Two hours? Maybe? That was to long. She began to notice how her body ached when it shuddered at the slight breeze that came through the crack in the window. Why aren't you moving? the voice in her head asked. Because I'm to scared, she answered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Blake gave her a look. "I'm not going to stop you. Or hurt you. Why don't you believe me? If you want to leave, you're free to. Just walk out the front door. I can even go upstairs, leave you alone with the door, with the freedom. Would you like that?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:13 pm

He's getting on my nerves, Alice told the voice as her jaw clenched. He doesn't understand. Why is he being such an ass? Why do I care?
Just don't say anything, the voice said back to her. Don't attract attention. He's not to be trusted. He's a man and a stranger. Just like all the others.
But...he helped me...maybe...maybe he's alright.
No, he's not. Don't trust him.
Don't trust him...why would I trust him?
Just don't say anything and maybe he'll go away.
"Why should I trust you?" Alice asked, the words falling from her lips before she could catch herself. She looked a little surprised and tightened her arms around her legs slightly as if she expected to be punished for speaking out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:55 am

"Have I given you a reason /not/ to?" Blake said in exasperation. Though how Alice worked, it seemed, was backwards. Don't trust anyone until they give her a reason to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:03 am

No, but he's still a man, the voice told her.

Alice watched him carefully, not answering his question. He hadn't hurt her...yet. And he'd taken care of her...so far. But who was to say he wouldn't change once he got her trust? Or even in the next few minutes? "I-I can't trust anyone," she finally said, taking her eyes off him for a brief moment. Trusting never turned out well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Blake threw his hands up in the air, palms forward, and let out a frustrated noise. Quickly, he went up the stairs and slammed a door. Now she knew, or should know -- if she was at all sane -- that he wouldn't be coming for her. She wouldn't stay, yet she wouldn't go? What on Earth was wrong with this chick?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Alice flinched when the door slammed, but as soon as it did, she was off the couch and running for the door. She stopped and grabbed her pills and an extra razor that she found in the bathroom, and then ran out the door. She let out a sigh of relief as soon as she hit the sidewalk. That had been close. She looked around for a moment and then ran as far as she could, trying to find a semi-decent alley to stay in. As soon as she hit the end of his street, rain began to fall in sheets followed by lightning and thunder. She wasn't to worried about it though, she'd been through worse. Snow was worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next