the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boarding School Chat

+7
Ale J.
Momo13
Ravyn
Black&White
Echo
Invisimort
Jacky K.
11 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Boarding School Chat - Page 7 Empty Re: The Boarding School Chat

Post by Banshee Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Will

Geez..... "I like Poe," was all I said in response, picking up the dog-eared book. I flipped to The Fall of The House of Usher and leaned back on my bed, becoming engrossed into the story.

But evil things, in robes of sorrow,
Assailed the monarch's high estate ;
(Ah, let us mourn, for never morrow
Shall dawn upon him, desolate !)
And, round about his home, the glory
That blushed and bloomed
Is but a dim-remembered story
Of the old time entombed.

Last edited by gh3325 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:13 pm

October
"Thanks," I say, moving in. I sat on the floor, leaning up against the other bed that had her suitcase. There was something just plain weird about sitting on someone else's bed, who you hadn't even met. Grateful of the time to take my duffel bag off my shoulder, I put it next to me and start really digging through for my papers, losing a pajama shirt or two.
"Ha!" Shoved in my book I had been reading in the car... was at least my room situation papers. A crinkled mess now, but the words were still fine to read. "You said your name was Ana? Seems we're roomies," I pipe up happily.

Damian
God, more birds... What was this mockery? I let out a sigh, sitting up and finally turning round to inspect this guy and his...raven, was it? A /blackbird/, none the less.... Lovely fucking way to remind me of home, and miss prissy villain snaking her way around Drake. Who has /my/ title of Robin.
"The papers said you're Finn," I mutter, eying him still.
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:50 pm

**OHAI, It's a new character. Funfun.**

I like blue, on of my favorite colors, actually. I mean, I must like it, it is kinda the color of my hair, and my eyes. Alright, so my hair wasn't /actually/ blue, but that's the color I'd dyed it. So yeah, I liked blue. So of course I liked it when I figured out that the uniform had blue in it. Not a lot, just the sweater, and I don't really like sweaters anyways, but I still liked the color, maybe the particular shade wasn't all that nice, but I liked the color as a whole.
Overall, the uniform was actually kinda nice. I didn't have any complaints at least, but Margo was another story, she had /mutilated/ the thing... joking, obviously, that's just me over-exaggerating, but she decided to spice it up, not that I was complaining.

So, I was at the front gate now. It was a big place, not too big, but big enough, nice and open. Amherst, huh... cool place... I thought to myself.

You say that about everywhere you go. Thought back the lioness at my side. Her eyes were the same color as my hair.

I chuckled and smiled at her. So what if I do? Anyways, let's go find our dorm, alright Seras?

She nodded, and with that, I grabbed the map, and set off to the dorms. Wasn't too hard to find. I opened the door and found the room empty. So my roommate wasn't here yet, no big deal. I chose a bed and set down my bags, and started unpacking. Not much other than clothes really. A laptop, just in case I needed to type something for class, I get the worst writer's cramp; Some books, not many, I figured the school would have a library, if I ever ran out of things to read; and of course some weapons and explosives, y'know, just in case. I didn't /really/ expect to run into any Bonders, but I should be prepared just in case.
Anyways, I hid all the weapons, some in the closet, with my clothes, some under the bed itself, and I kept a few on my person, but not too many.

I looked over the papers I was given again. My roommate's name was supposed to be be Demetrius, kinda old-fashioned, but whatever. I think I heard a squawk from the other side of the wall, and I raised an eyebrow.
I chuckled. Well now, what an experience this place will be, huh...?

I wasn't entirely sure, but I swear I saw Seras roll her eyes as she settled next to the bed.

I figured I should let Margo know I was settled in, so I took out my phone and texted her.

---Hey Mar. I'm settled in. Roommate's not here here yet, I'll update ya in a bit.

I set the phone on my pillow, and settled against the wall, wondering when this Demetrius guy was ganna get here.
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Demetrius

Oka...I had everything I needed...I think I did...Clothes, a few vials, a dagger....those tend to come in handy....a few books, and the guide. I could not forget that, I would have to find somewhere to hide it. I was not going to leave that alone, it technically did not exist...but funny thing about those nonexisting things, they normally /did/ exist. Ah...sweet irony. I knocked on the door of the room I was staying in, poking my head in. "Um...er...Hi....I'm Demetrius...." I said

I...really was not one for social interaction.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:08 pm

((Erm, Gh, that's not how you use the word "touché"...))

Sarah

I suddenly found speaking very difficult.

"Um, y-yeah," I managed, "the...the...brown hair, and...eyes...and, um, explosions, and..." I took a deep breath and tried to speak more coherently, but the words came out a little more quickly than normal, with very few breaks. "I mean I think he's talked about some other friends too I mean now that I'm thinking about it I think he mentioned a Danae maybe, um... And there are some other friends and I guess they make up a group of four? Like the Marley he knows and this guy named T.Mor and this other guy named Cricket and I guess they're all best friends or something but the only one I've ever met is T.Mor and I don't know anything about the others... Um..."

This... This couldn't... But...if this Marley knew those other names...

Nike

I smiled a little. "I guess."

I sat back on the bed, wondering when my other teammates would text. It felt so weird not being near them...and missing one of them entirely... Usually, it was the four of us camping out in an underground shelter that Sarah and I would make together. There were occasions where we'd stay in normal places with normal beds, but underground was the typical setup. It was just easier that way, not to mention a hell of a lot harder to trace. We were always together, though; in these schools and in these dorms, we were split up. I kind of missed having them around.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Marley
...There was really no getting around it at this point. Through all of space in time, I had run into one of Peter's friends. It's like the universe was all 'Sorry for sticking you with your evil brother, but here, let's make it up to you'. Which hey, I didn't have a problem with it... but... wow

"Cricket's my boyfriend" I said quickly "And yeah... T.Mor's a friend, too. ...Guess I really am that Marley. Uh... tell Pete I said... hi?"

Margo
Suddenly, there was a sound of a tiny bells that altered me to the fact I had gotten a text. I grabbed my phone from where I had it hooked onto the waistband of my skirt and glanced at the screen.

From Benji:
Hey Mar. I'm settled in. Roommate's not here here yet, I'll update ya in a bit.

---Alright, sounds gr8. My roomies here, btw. Doesnt look like a killer or a bonder, so far. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:25 pm

James

Poe? Wonderful. So he was /that/ type. I groaned. Just my luck, really. I love my life.

For the record, that definitely wasn't sarcasm.

Benji

The door opened. He said he was Demetrius.
I smiled and waved him in.

"Name's Benjamin. Call me Ben or Benji." I said. I looked him over quickly, checking to make sure nothing was off about him. Didn't seem too dangerous, and he was about my age, so I figured I could handle him if I needed to.

I heard my phone buzzing, and picked it up to see a text from Margo.

From Margo:
Alright, sounds gr8. My roomies here, btw. Doesnt look like a killer or a bonder, so far. Lol.

---Alright. Roommate just walked in. Doesn't look all that bad.
Lemme know if anything's up, I'll come running. ; )

I smiled as I set my phone back down, and turned my attention back to Demetrius.
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Margo
From Benji:
Alright. Roommate just walked in. Doesn't look all that bad.
Lemme know if anything's up, I'll come running. ; )

I chuckled to myself as I shot back a reply
---B looking 4ward 2 it xD Tho not sure how ppl will react 2 a guy running in2 a girls dorm in this place. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Will

I finished reading the story and sat Poe by my side. Yeah....I didn't think me and whoever this Kid was, James, were gonna get along so well. "So...." I said awkwardly, staring down at my converse.

Demetrius

Oh...it...er...looked like he was waiting for me to say something...but...er...I did not /have/ anything to say....um....well....this was.....fun... "So..." I said, setting my bag on the bed. I turned my back to him. "It's...pretty nice out..." was the only thing I could think of to say. I sat a pile of books to the side, I did not wish for him to see the vials....or the dagger. It's better if people do not know about those things...I had no clue what I was going to do with the guide though, just...wait for him to fall asleep I guess.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Black&White wrote:October
"Thanks," I say, moving in. I sat on the floor, leaning up against the other bed that had her suitcase. There was something just plain weird about sitting on someone else's bed, who you hadn't even met. Grateful of the time to take my duffel bag off my shoulder, I put it next to me and start really digging through for my papers, losing a pajama shirt or two.
"Ha!" Shoved in my book I had been reading in the car... was at least my room situation papers. A crinkled mess now, but the words were still fine to read. "You said your name was Ana? Seems we're roomies," I pipe up happily.

Ana:

"Oh. Ok then... I guess you can move my suitcase on the floor so you can have that bed then." I told her. I'd kind of wanted my own room to myself, like how I had back in Auda, because then I didn't have to deal with T.Mor being all how he was all the time, and could at least have some walls between me and him when he actually fell asleep.

But...at least this WASN'T T.Mor... so I couldn't pretend to know if she had issues getting things done or sleeping or generally being able to speak in complete sentences like him.

"You don't make weird noises at night do you? Because, if so... that's an issue." I asked her. Best to find these things out now, I figured... than later tonight when I couldn't go get things changed by someone in charge if I had to.
Invisimort
Invisimort

http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:49 pm

James

I wondered to myself when he would actually have something worth saying.
Better yet, when he would decide to stop trying and finally shut up.
Of course I didn't answer him. I just lay there, wondering when dinner was.

Benji

From Margo:
B looking 4ward 2 it xD Tho not sure how ppl will react 2 a guy running in2 a girls dorm in this place. Good luck.

I chuckled and typed my reply
---I'd love to see them try and keep me away from you

I looked back up to my roommate after I sent the text, and raised an eyebrow. "Not very good at this whole conversation thing, are you?" I smiled. "That's fine."
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Sarah

This...this was...this was that Marley. ...How...

"He...he hates that name," I mumbled, taking out my phone again with shaking hands.

---there r 2 ppl in my dorm here...1 is named marley and the other is danay or sumthing...dunno how its spelled... marley says she knows u, t.mor, and cricket and i think danay does 2. marley says hi. she called u pete...

"I...I guess we just wait...to see what he says..."

Sure enough, in a few moments, another text came in.

From Peter:
Wait, what?! Seriously? You're kidding... Let me guess, this Marley is short, blonde, and introduced herself as a master thief? And Danae is also short and blonde, yes? Wrist-rubbing habit? If that's the case, which I'm quite certain it is, tell them I also said hello. And tell Marley that I'm rooming with T.Mor and that Cricket is in the other dorm. We're working on the Dorian situation...

I looked up from the text. Both of those descriptions had been correct... There really was no mistaking it. Somehow, some way, they all knew each other...

I relayed the information. "So...is there...anything else you want to say...? I mean...I guess we could actually call and...use speakerphone...or something..."
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Demetrius

"Uh...not really...I don't get out much," I said, glancing at him. "Do you like to read?"

Will

I sighed, so much for freakin' pleasent conversation. Oh well....I was kind of getting hungry. "Do you have any clue what dinner is?"
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:56 pm

October
"What, snoring?" I ask, doing as she directed and moving her suitcase to the floor to sit upon my bed. "Not that I know of." Leave unpacking for later, I was so ready to just relax after that car ride here. Though, slightly in the back of my mind, logic said I should be looking for my class schedule, but I ignore it. I'll find it, and if not there's the office. Just print out another copy.
"Anything I should know about, with that subject in mind?" I tease slightly, though my expression is simply friendly and warm.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Ana:

"Of course not." I was glad to know that she wouldn't be an issue on the sleeping soundly front. "I sleep like people are suppoused to. Quietly."

So far she seemed alright, Even though I didn't want a room mate really. It was somewhat weird talking to someone who wasn't T.Mor, and also being out of my house. I had been told to never leave the house when I was little, but this whole school thing changed that immediately.

"What else do people talk about when they don't know each other?" I asked, still not looking up from the combat boot I was mending.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Margo
I gave my phone a tiny grin, sending back a reply of nothing more than a smiley face. Sometimes, it's almost not fair how easily he makes me smile. Geez Louise.

Marley
"Cricket and T.Mor?!" My eyes were impossibly wide now. Alright, universe, I forgive you for the Dorian and Alex thing now. "And speakerphone?! Really?!" Okay, this was really getting pretty awesome. I grinned at the phone that theoretically contained my best friends.

Alex
"What, you didn't commit any homicides of people you didn't even remember, did you?" It was phrased like a joke, but I was being dead serious. I didn't want to tick him off only to have him write a little journal entry or whatever, talking about how much of a jerk I was, and then have his amnisia'd self try to kill me or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:20 pm

October
Indeed, what to talk about... Ana, hm? Ana-Banana~ Jamie Lee Curtis had called to Lindsay Lohan... Now that's going to be the first thing I think of her whenever I see her. Mental headdesk.
"Any hobbies?" I ask quickly, trying to get the stupid movie out of my mind, adjusting to cross legged and resting my head on my hand. Horrible posture, mom would bother me about. See what you miss, mother, when you send me to some stay-away school....
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Daniel:

"Well... I didn't... commit them... To my knowledge. I mean... nobody's dead... So... no harm no foul, right?" I replied to his apparent joke probably a little too seriously. "I mean, that's like... the whole reason I took myself off my meds... It was creepy as crap reading some of that stuff... I somehow managed to really freak myself out."

"So, as long as it's not too dark ever... everything should be ok. Probably." As long as we never watched any scary movies with a build of cinematic tension through use of audio. Or scary movies where I saw anything scary happen. Or... anything mildly scary in nature, ever.

Ana:

Hmm... Hobbies. "I play some videogames... when my brother isn't home hogging the machine..." I rolled my eyes. T.Mor was such a shrinebox hog. Every day when he came home from work, he'd just sit down and play something with a cup of coffee... for hours. It was annoying. Maybe I had wanted a go at Katamari for once? And then he'd say that I had all the time I wanted while he was at work... pfft. I had things to be doing while he was at work. Like sleeping. Or mending my clothes.

"And I make things out of other things." I told her briefly. "And what about you? What do you do?" Again, I was trying to figure out some stuff about her so that if she did anything annoying, I could see about getting it fixed before anything was officially set in stone.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:30 pm

James

I just gave him a shrug. I didn't have a clue. Though I hoped whatever it was it was soon.
I hadn't eaten all day.

Benji

I checked my phone and chuckled again. I loved making her smile. More than that I loved her smile. But I figured I wouldn't be able to see it for a while, so this was enough.

I looked back to Demetrius and shrugged. "Yeah. I read sometimes. When I can, I mean. Don't really have a favorite author or genre or anything, not too picky. What about you? Who's your favorite?"
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:48 pm

October
I brighten, smile wider slightly. "Video games too, when I have time. Hmm... I knit sometimes, but all i can make are simple scarves. That's mostly when my mom's like... 'get off the screens and do something else'," I say, giving her an overly annoying voice. Though I didn't see any TV in our room... troublesome...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Sarah

"Um, okay...I'll do that," I mumbled. "One sec..."

---they want 2 talk. calling u now. and now that u mention it, she does rub her wrist a lot

The reply came almost instantaneously.

From Peter:
:(

Did...he just use an emote...? But that of course got me wondering about the significance of the wrist-rubbing. Why would that make him frown? I pushed the thought aside, making a note to ask him about that later. If he'd tell me, that is. Pfft, like that would happen. He never told me anything aside from orders and other things I specifically had to know. So why did I...? Nevermind.

I called the number. He picked up right away.

"Hello," he said.

"Um, hey," I said back. "You're on speakerphone, just so you know."

"Alright, so are you."

This was going to be...interesting...
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Ana:

It was then that I noticed that there was no shrinebox in our room. This...was a bit of an issue, since that's how you get access to all your video games, but not a massive problem, seeing as I didn't know any coding languages anyway to get things off the internet with. And I din't have any money with which to pay the Internet tax. "There's no shrinebox here." I stated. "Guess we'll both have to go without videogames.

I had no clue what "Knitting" was. "What is... Knitting?" I asked. If you could make things out of the technique I would want to pick it up, perhaps...since making things was pretty much the only way I got any new stuff.

T.Mor:

Peter explained to us that Sarah was calling and that we could all talk through the magic of speakerfone, which apparently worked something like video calling, but didn't have faces involved.

Apparently Marley was there too. This was very...weird. Having everyone here. Not bad weird... but... weird.

"...Hi... Marley and Sarah... and Danae..." I stated when I heard Peter say Hi and Sarah say Hi back. Then I didn't know what to say next...so...I didn't say anything else yet.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:08 pm

October
Shrinebox....lol... That's AMAZING.
Oh, question. She asked a question. "Oh, knitting? You dont know?" I dig lean over on my knees and dig through my duffel bag some more, buried at the bottom was my plastic bag of stuff, which my needles had promptly punctured. I untie the top and let my yarn explode out on my bed, practically, untangling my needles from the plastic bag and getting out my current scarf-in-progress. "Nothing special, and its still in the works..."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Danae

Suddenly I found myself nervous again, for some unknown reason. I mean, it wasn't like talking to Peter would make me nervous, I did that all the time. Of course... not really around other people. Around him and his friends I'd mostly kept quiet, doing what I'd been doing so far, just listening. Maybe I should keep doing that...but..Peter...

"Um, Hello." I said after a moment, staring at the phone.
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Ana:

"Oh...so kind of like...some kind of weaving... with sticks. I see." I said as I watched her untangle a big bundle of yarn and some handmade fabric from a plastic bag.

I had to wonder where she got so much real yarn... I normally used plastic bags if I was doing any kind of weaving looking stuff. "How did you afford all that real yarn?" If she was rich... maybe I could get her to give me some stuff. That would be nice. And then i would be able to make my own stuff without relying on T.Mor... because... well, he was always so concerned about everything and being able to afford things that he never let me buy anything fun. It wasn't fair.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next