the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Order Collapses, Say Hello To Chaos (Bells/Ravyn)

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

When Order Collapses, Say Hello To Chaos (Bells/Ravyn) - Page 4 Empty Re: When Order Collapses, Say Hello To Chaos (Bells/Ravyn)

Post by Ravyn Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Kyrian: "Sounds good!" i replied, grinning. This was a much more in-depth job than i was used to, but i welcomed the challenge. "Where do we start, then?" i inquired. I wasn't one who enjoyed being idle.... the quicker we got going, the better.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

When Order Collapses, Say Hello To Chaos (Bells/Ravyn) - Page 4 Empty Re: When Order Collapses, Say Hello To Chaos (Bells/Ravyn)

Post by Bells Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:51 am

Violet --

"Soon," I informed him, finishing off my tea and glancing around the room. "I have yet to finish waking up and so you'll have to give me sometime. Last night, if you remember, was a rather busy night. And so..."

Conviently ignoring the fact I was the one who chose this time to meet, I walked along my shelves until I found the folder I wanted.

"Here, this is on one of the guys it's most common to receive an order about. Of course, since he is still alive, its not hits. Normally it tends to be things such as he has something someone else wants. That will all be in there though. I have each order recorded in the proper person's file so you'll find a list of completed jobs in there as well. I am going to go get dressed."

As I finished speaking I shoved the folder at him and turned, stalking out of the room.
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:01 am

Kyrian: I waited until she was out of the room before sitting down and opening the folder. I began leafing through the papers, a frown settling on my face. I realized that i was expected to learn all the information stored here, but..... i'd never learned to read. The black marks on the pages were just..... empty squiggles, their meanings lost to me. It wasnt like there were schools around to teach this stuff anymore.... if you could read or write, you were lucky. I wasnt one of the lucky ones, evidently. This was a bit of a setback....
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:12 am

Violet --

Walking back into the kitchen I carefully rinsed the cup and settled it in the sink, putting the pitcher of water I used back aside. I tried using as little water and electricity as I could, that way I'd have more when I needed it. Hence filling a basin outside with rainwater and using it for the small tasks like this instead of the water I'd gotten hooked up after a job.

As soon as that was done I walked back to my room, lighting another candle and flicking through my clothing. It wasn't like I had much choice, but at least I could choose something clean, that's not something everyone could do anymore. Locating a pair of snug fitting, flexible black pants and a matching Long sleeve, snug shirt I slipped them on. Wearing this meant I wouldn't have to switch to something that would blend in when I left tonight for another job.

After that I considered it for a moment before taking the time to fix my hair then headed back to the room. Once there I paused in the doorway, watching him for a moment.

"What's your problem?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:29 am

Kyrian: Oh great..... she was back. I may as well just spill, right....? It wasnt like she wouldnt find out sooner or later...... "I kind of sort of.... cant really read. Like, at all." I admitted reluctantly.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:48 am

Violet --

I almost started laughing, he was joking, right? Honestly, when in hell would I have the time to teach him to read? That was a f***ing piece of knowledge I'd expected him to have.

Nevermind the fact I knew tons of people who didn't know how.

"Well, that's a problem. Perhaps I'll have to teach you." I said, sighing a little. "For now though, let's not deal with that. Follow me into the back yard, you have your weapons on you, yes?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:04 am

Name: Carter Manchester
Hair: Black with a red undertone, kinda like a really dark auburn. it looks like he cut it with a knife so really uneven, not that he really cares too much, as long as its out of his eyes.
Eyes: Hazel
Skin: olive tonned, but kinda pale for that. He's a night owl.
Height/Build: He's kinda gangly, like he never really grew into his long arms and legs. He's actually really skinny to go with the gangliness.
Piercings/Scars/Tattoos: Quite a few scars and a tattoo he once traded all he had in order to get. Not quite sure what it is yet though...
Personality: I just know he's kinda sneaky, not really aggressive. Um.. yeah.
Background (optional): Only know that he sells drugs for a big guy around.
Other: He's not really the fighting type. he's more the I know all the hiding spots and I'll hide till you go away kind of guy.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Coooollllll!~ o3o

Kyrian: Relieved she hadnt stabbed me for incompetence or reacted in any other similar fashion, i set the folder aside and stood up. "Yeah, i have my knives..... let's go." i said. I didnt like to feel like a failure and was eager to do something i was at least sort of good at. I already fought for a living at least part of the time so the act was at least somewhat familiar, although i knew there was a big difference between street fighting and the calibre of combat my slightly-scary employer was into.... still, it was better than doing something completely foreign. I was happy to go and get as far away from the frustrating cryptic black squiggles as possible....
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Violet

"Good. I'll expect you to carry them all the time, and whatever else I request for that specific day. If you do not arrive with the proper equipment then I won't be training you, Ulga will. Understood?"

As I spoke I led him to the back door, sliding open the cracked, in some places broken, glass.

"Back here is where we'll practice. I expect you to limber yourself up here before a hit as well. Wouldn't want you freezing up because of some cramped muscle."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Kyrian: "Sure. But what if i dont own the 'proper equipment'?" i inquired. "I usually just fight with my fists.... my blades dont even come out all that often and i dont own any other weaponry...." i pointed out.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:18 am

Violet --

"Simple," I said, stepping outside and down to the grass. "Tell me that you don't and I'll see what I can do about acquiring it. Now, you normally fight with your fists? Let's test that out."

As I finished speaking I spread my legs just slightly, readying my fists at my sides and squaring my shoulders. Let's see what the guys got.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Kyrian: I nodded, bringing my fists up into a familiar position around my face, to easily guard that area, my feet sliding apart slightly. I didnt like to make the first move in a fight - i was better at reacting than provoking an initial reaction - but i also didnt like my opponent standing still. I threw an easy punch, aiming for the stomach, looking more to provoke movement at the moment rather than inflicting serious damage.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 am

Violet

I quickly dodged that, moving one leg foward and twisting an arm to attempt a quick move. If he wasn't that skilled then it'd be easy to knock him down with this, best to feel him out right off.
The basic idea of it, my... teacher had taught me, was to twist your arm around your opponents and lock it over their shoulder, then simple pull with your hand to flip then over your hip. Nine out of ten times it worked on an unskilled fighter who wouldn't recognize the move.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Kyrian: My eyes narrowed slightly. Ooooooh no she didnt..... i'd seen this before, and did NOT want to end up on the ground. I avoided the maneuver and brought my foot up and around in a strong kick, aiming for her head. I REALLY disliked it when people tried to flip me or otherwise throw me down.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Violet

I quickly ducked, giving him an appreciative look as I did. He might know something then. Not wasting any time I folded my fingers in and trust my palm up towards his chest, hoping the avoided kick would put him off balance enough for me to be able to knock him back.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Kyrian: The hit made contact and i struggled to keep balance for a moment, but recovered it quickly. I decided to try and not give her any time to do much else, throwing a volley of punches at her to attempt to keep her occupied for a bit.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 pm

Violet

A few of the punches hit, making me stumble back. Gritting my teeth I quickly set out to throw punches of my own, attempting to work myself closer to him. Seeing as he was bigger than me I only had my speed to my advantage, perhaps tripping him up would be by best coarse of action.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 am

Kyrian: When she stumbled back, I moved forward, trying to keep her on the defensive, blocking as many of her punches as I could and retaliating with my own, trying to keep her focused on my hands. While that was going, I swept a kick at her legs, trying to knock her down. If I could get her down, I would have a clear upper hand.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:04 am

Violet

I noticed the foot right before it knocked me off balance, instinctively drawing my hands up to my face and rolling as I fell. Immediately attempting to spring to my feet I attempted to duck anything he might toss out as I recovered. He was a bit better than I'd anticipated.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:08 am

Kyrian: I swung another few kicks at her as she tried to recover, hoping to deprive her of the chance before she could bounce back and do any more damage. She was far more skilled than most of the guys I usually faced street fighting..... it was a good challenge. I had to work, and think quickly. I was enjoying this.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:17 am

Violet:

I fell back to avoid the kicks, scowling a bit as I hit my head on the ground. I wasn't about to give up though, reaching out to grab his foot as one of the kicks came. He'd have to pin me before I'd admit defeat, which wasn't going to happen. I mean, some street guy wasn't going to beat /me/.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:23 am

Kyrian: I swore as she caught my foot, trying to yank it free. This could get very bad for me, very fast.... But I was determined not to let her beat me. No way.... I had to prove I was better than that.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:28 am

Violet:

I did my best to keep a hold of his foot, sweeping out to hit his other one with one of mine. At the same time I let go of his foot he was trying to get it free. Hopefully that would put him off balance enough that my foot would knock him down.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:42 am

Kyrian: The knock and sudden release did it - I fell down, swearing quite loudly. This wasnt good, not at all. Before she could do anything, I tried to pop back up and regain my footing. The last thing I wanted was to get pinned, even though frankly, due to the weight difference, I could probably throw her off.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:53 am

Violet

I couldn't help but smirk when he went down, rapidly attempting to launch myself towards him, hoping to do some sort of tackle before he managed to get himself up.
Screw form, I wasn't being beat by him.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next