the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Goes Bump in the Night

3 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What Goes Bump in the Night - Page 6 Empty Re: What Goes Bump in the Night

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Hazel nodded before glancing at the clock, "We could start right now if you'd like..." Though she was sure what the answer would be. She had to think in her head how on earth to teach this though. It had been forever since she herself had trained and now, all that she could do was second nature to her.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Location : When the time comes, you shall know. But for now, simply watch the destruction that I can cause from afar.

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Milina looked to Caelan. "Should we start as well?" She asked, eagerness hanging at the end of her sentence. She had a smile on her face, but tried not to show it her excitement too much.
Killiam looked at Hazel and could almost guess what she was thinking. "Hazel, if you need help, I can help you. I figure it has been a while since you trained."
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

http://pushingthemargins.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:49 pm

"Sounds good to me." Caelan answered simply, looking over at her.

Hazel scratched the back of her neck a bit nervously, but nodded. "That would be helpful." She admitted.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Location : When the time comes, you shall know. But for now, simply watch the destruction that I can cause from afar.

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Milina smiled and stood up where she was. "I have wanted to learn for so long!" she exclaimed.

Killiam gave her a smile and walked closer to her and Lucas. It had been a while since he had helped train someone and since he had helped and advised another paranormal. "I think we should start with some simple breathing techniques, to get centered with yourself and nature." he suggested.
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:08 pm

Caelan couldn't help but smile just a little bit at that. He tilted his head, "We should probably let them concentrate." suggesting they should go into the other room.

"Pretty much a glorified form of meditation." Hazel explained with a small grin.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Milina nodded and followed Caelan into the other room. She smiled widely at him, ready to start.

Killiam gave her a smile. "Right." He said before the two of them got into a meditative position.
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:31 pm

"I want to see what you can do first." Caelan said simply. He was looking to see what she could use improvement on before trying more complicated things.

Hazel was explaining as they started. "So, first you need to slow down your breathing quite a lot and just...listen. To everything around you. Get a feel for it. Get in tune with your surroundings."
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Milina nodded and steadied herself, finding her center. She opened her eyes and they were glowing an electric blue color. From the tip of her fingers on both hands, electricity sparked and the static could be heard. Before the electricity could be sent anywhere, she closed her eyes and it was gone.
She opened her eyes back up and looked at Caelan. "It's not much. I can transfer the electricity to other things, but I didn't want to damage any of Lucas' possessions." She admitted with a weak smile.

((I got this idea from Teen Wolf Smile))
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:44 am

(Cool. Wait, so...I'm confused about her powers, sorry. Razz)
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Lucas paid strict attention to everything he was told, carefully assuming the position that his two teachers took. As Hazel spoke, he nodded and closed his eyes so he could focus more on what he had been told to do. Slowly, he managed to calm his breathing and began to listen. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but at the same time it didn't seem that hard.
"I'm listening..." he muttered, then hesitated, realizing that perhaps talking during all of this wasn't a good idea. He quickly went back to focusing on what he'd been told to do.
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Hazel felt a smile come across her lips but she wasn't about to tease him. "Okay, so once you've done that. Just center yourself, try to make yourself as close to nature as possible."
Jeez, this sounds so sappy. She thought to herself but there was no other better way to explain it.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:12 pm

((haha it's okay! She's a lightening kitsune, so she can control electricity...I should have put that in her bio at the beginning))

Killiam relaxed and let everything on his mind go and his mind melded with his surroundings. He cracked a smile at Lucas, realizing he might be having trouble. "Try as best you can to focus, Lucas, it will come easier the more you do it and the older you get..."

alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:14 pm

(Nah that's all right Razz)

"Exactly, it's just practice." Hazel agreed.

Caelan gave a slight smile. "No, honestly. That's really good. Most your age can't even tap into their powers."
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Lucas nodded, about to say something before catching himself. Right, he needed to focus.
"Okay, thanks," he said.
Wait, hadn't he just decided not to say anything? Shaking his head, he went back to focusing, attempting to follow what Hazel had told him to do. It took him quite a bit of time, but he managed to slowly do as he'd been asked to.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Hazel was so completely in tune now, she sort of sensed when he started to come through the 'barrier'. Good. She was glad he wasn't hard to teach.

Caelan gave a slight smile. "No, honestly. That's really good. Most your age can't even tap into their powers."
(Caelan's post was a little lost Razz)
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:47 pm

Killiam was half paying attention to what was going on with the training and was fully enjoying the feeling of being centered and "whole" with the universe.

Milina gave a smiled. "I usually just play around with my powers to test myself and see what I can do."
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:52 pm

"So, it seems you're getting that." Hazel commented to Lucas offhandedly.

"Good, because that's pretty much what we're going to do. Just test and see if you can manage more." Caelan retorted.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Lucas finally managed to completely focus himself as he entered the state that she'd mentioned. He was amazed by the feeling of everything around him, almost to the point of forgetting what he was doing and losing focus, luckily, he caught himself in time and pulled back into the state of focus. It was then he realized that Hazel had spoken to him.
"Really?" he asked eagerly.
As he replied, he completely lost focus of what he was doing. Embarrassed, he felt his face turn red as he quickly attempted to quickly return to the state he had been in.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Hazel gave an assured smile. "It's all right. I think you're good with that." She leaned forward slightly, "So, next time you try magic, I want you to go back into that state, or just think about how it felt to be there. It helps sort of...really sense your magic."
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:11 pm

Killiam slowly came out of the relaxed state and found Hazel talking and coaching Lucas to use his magic.

Milina nodded. "So what should I do first?"
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:18 pm

Hazel glanced at Killiam when she noticed he had 'returned', then redirected her attention to Lucas.

"Hm, well..." Caelan thought a moment, "Just...think for a moment. Sometimes an animal you can form into just pops into your mind."
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Lucas released the state and paid her full attention.
"Okay!" he agreed cheerily.
It would take some practice, but he felt rather certain that he'd be able to manage it.
"Did you have to do this?" he asked curiously. "If so, do you still have to do it?"
He turned his head to Killiam with a bright smile.
"And what about you? Have you ever had to do it?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:30 pm

"When I started out, yes." Hazel nodded slightly. "Sometimes I still do even now, but it's rare."
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:30 pm

Killiam gave him a small smile and shook his head. "No I don't and I didn't have to. Dragons don't wield magic, we only guide and advise magic users. And we used to protect people, but we can't really do that anymore..."

Milina closed her eyes and breathed for a few moments before anything came to her mind. She appeared in a forest (in her mind) and a little fox was trotting back and forth between the trees. It kept turning and watching her as if calling her to follow it.
Milina let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding when she opened her eyes. "Fox," she managed to say, "I saw a fox."
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:44 am

Hazel didn't even notice she gave a half frown as he said that. It was...honestly sad that things weren't as full of grandeur anymore.

Caelan gave a small nod. "Okay, right. Another thing to tell you. Once you master the form of an animal, you might be able to change into another. Kind of a ladder system that way." He gave a small pause before saying, "Well, I know you can change into that, but even so, I want you to anyway."
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next