the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't fight this anymore....

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

Can't fight this anymore.... - Page 19 Empty Re: Can't fight this anymore....

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:02 pm

Bonnie face fell. If there was any way she could help, then she would, but ...there wasn't. She wished she had all the money in the world and could pay for the whole surgery, make sure Bailey could live forever and ever. "I'm so, so sorry, Tucker," She whispered into the phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Tucker didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say. It wasn't like he could say it was ok, because it wasn't. It was far from ok. He felt himself break and began to cry softly, that being the only thing he could do at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Bonnie wanted to go to the hospital and comfort him, but she wasn't sure if this was supposed to be his special, last time with Bailey...so she just stayed on the phone, her heart breaking for him as she listened to him cry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Tucker took a deep breath, trying to calm his tears. "Doc said she's got probably a month or two." His voice was still tear filled. He sniffled, wiping his nose on his sleeve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 pm

"That's better than nothing," Bonnie said, though she knew it still wasn't much comfort. "Just spend every minute of it with her...make up for the time you won't get later."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Tucker sniffled and took a deep breath as he sat there in silence for a while. "She's gonna live. I'll make sure of it." He said determinedly. Even if he had to give her his heart, he'd make sure Bailey would live.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:17 pm

"..how?" Bonnie asked, even though she knew it wasn't a very positive question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:24 pm

"My college money. And we're about to take cattle to sale. And I'll get a second job if I have to." Tucker said, running a hand through his hair. "And then whatever I get from my parent's will and whatever's in my savings. I'll...I'll take out some loans. I'll save her, Bonnie. I'll save her." His voice cracked slightly, the tears threatening to take him again. "I have to. She's all I got."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Bonnie wanted to say that he had her, too, but knew she was nothing to him compared to Bailey. She hated thinking he wouldn't get to go to college, though...he wouldn't have a chance at a life outside the farm, ever now. Bonnie nodded, though it didn't matter since he couldn't see. "Let me know if there's some way I can help...."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:33 pm

"If you hear about any part time jobs, let me know...ok?" Tucker asked as he cleared his throat, wiping the tears from his face. The door opened and he sighed. "I got to go, Bonnie. I'll talk to you later. I love you, bye." He hung up quickly before she replied, rushing back to Bailey's side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:35 pm

Did...he just say what Bonnie thought he said? The 'l' word. She shook it off. He probably just wasn't thinking straight right now, his thoughts were probably frazzled from the shock about Bailey. Bonnie sighed and fell back on the bed. This was awful.

A little later she went and grabbed the newspaper, scanning it for job listings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:37 pm

(should we skip ahead a few months?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:39 pm

(o.o okay.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:43 pm

(only if you want to)

A few weeks later Tucker looked like a zombie. He hadn't slept since Bailey had gotten into the hospital, running on energy drinks and caffeen boosts. He had found a second job at the hardware store, the owner being a good friend of his and wanting to help as best he could. Between the store, the farm, and Bailey, he hardly had time for anything anymore.

(I'm debating killing of Alice and introducing someone else for blake...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:49 pm

(no, the a-couple months thing is fine)

(and why?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:58 pm

(I don't know, just a thought haha)

A few months later, Tucker was sitting on the dock of "his" lake, his eyes distant and empty. Despite his efforts, they hadn't been able to find her a heart. Bailey's funeral had been only a few days prior. It was a simple one and was burried next to his sister Sara and his parents and Paps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:03 pm

(oh noes Bailey D:)

(I guess if you don't kill her, then you should probably make her improve a little...like, not trying to kill herself everyday. I'm not sure how much more Blake can take)

Bonnie and Tucker had kind of lost touch these last few months. Not completely, but they hadn't been talking as regularly as they were. Maybe a phone call a week, and a short one at that. Bonnie knew he was busy with Bailey, but she wondered if they were even "together" anymore. Not that it mattered, she'd be here for him even if they weren't. Tucker was her friend, too.

Today things were slow at the rock wall and Bonnie decided to call him. She'd figured out that Bailey hadn't been able to pull through on her own, seen announcements about a little girl and a heart failure. She waited for him to pick up, hoping he would.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:13 pm

(hmm....I think Blake will like Lou a bit better..)

Tucker looked at his phone, taking a deep breath as he braced himself for another 'I'm so sorry' call from some stranger he barely knew. "Hello?" He asked tiredly, still having not slept. In the months that had passed, Tucker had only slept when he blacked out from exauhstion which happened every two or three weeks.

Despite all the doctor's efforts, Alice's health continued to deteriate, almost as if she was killing herself from the inside, refusing any sort of nutrients. She was almost five months along, her stomach bulging beneath the covers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 pm

"...Tucker?" Bonnie asked, almost as a way of greeting, when he answered. She was surprised he had answered, for whatever reason. "It's Bonnie."

(so is Alice dead,or?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:25 pm

(yes, sorry I didn't finish that post..I'll add the end to this one)

Alice's heart gave a few unsteady lurches before coming to a stop, a small smile spreading across her face as her last breath escaped her. She had a note clutched in her hand with BLAKE written across it, having been concious the last few minutes of her life.

"Hey, how are you?" Tucker asked, trying to sound a little more lively, though it probably wasn't working.

(*goes to find Lou*)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:28 pm

(aww, that note makes me so sad Dx)

Bonnie gulped. He sounded so...formal or something. "Fine," She said, now deflated, her disappointed tone clear even over the phone.
"Sorry about your sister." Maybe she would have said something more...personal, if she didn't feel like he didn't care anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:33 pm

"Thanks," Tucker said, still not ready to say it was alright. He took a deep breath and sighed. "Hey, you doin anything tonight?"

The doctor called Blake, telling him about Alice and telling she had left him a note. He said he was sorry for his loss, and then with a formal good by, he hung up the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Lou Ann Spindle
Looks:  Can't fight this anymore.... - Page 19 Alexa2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:36 pm

Bonnie paused before saying. "No...."

Blake stared at the phone for awhile, shocked by the news, before sitting down heavily in a chair. He dropped his head into his hands. He wondered if things would have been different if he'd visited, while she was in the coma. If he'd argued more on them saving the baby. He felt like it was all his fault, just like with April....

(how shall we have them meet?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:39 pm

(well, is he going to go get the note?)

Tucker gave a small nod. "How would you like to do something with me tonight? Go to dinner or something?" He asked, feeling terrible for pushing her so far away over the last few months. He just hoped she hadn't found someone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:42 pm

(oh, I thought it just said Blake on it, my bad xP)

Blake grabbed his keys and headed out, driving to the hospital and taking the note after showing he was, in fact, Blake.

Bonnie bit her lip and traced circles on the counter she was leaning on. "I guess...I mean...don't do it just because you feel bad, I...you don't seem like you're ready for that, Tucker. I mean...she just....left," She didn't want to say the word died. "You probably shouldn't push it. Aren't you tired?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next