the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unfreezing the Heart of Darkness

2 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Unfreezing the Heart of Darkness - Page 10 Empty Re: Unfreezing the Heart of Darkness

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Synder: I gave him a dry look. "Yeah, i can tell." i said. "Hmm.... learning to fight. This could be interesting..." i mused, climbing out of the cab. "Although im probably going to be a horrible student." i muttered.

Drake: I nodded. "Its true. Truth has been lost or twisted over the years. Stuff you find today is mostly crap, but if you can learn to pick out teh truth..." i said, shrugging. "Or you cna use your more reliable ancient documents, provided you can read latin or other ancient languages. Latin i can do pretty well..... my mom keeps trying to get me to read ancient greek, but its hard and annoying." i said, pulling a face.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Unfreezing the Heart of Darkness - Page 10 Empty Re: Unfreezing the Heart of Darkness

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Jessica laughed. Bingo, a way to learn more about this interesting family. "I can be of service there. I know many languages, sadly many lost."

James smirked. "This should be fun." He rubbed his hands together and entered his apartment. "Very fun indeed." He gave her a wicked look.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Synder: "Why.... why do i have the feeling that this isnt going to be very fun at all?" i said, a little nervous. I was suddenly distracted. "Ugh, seriously, this thing feels heavier than normal...." i muttered. I walked in and set the bag down on the couch, ignoring it for the moment. Id open it later.

Drake: "Oh yeah? Good for you then. Im no good with languages, really. Its hard for me to learn them. the only reason i manage latin is because my mom started teaching it to Synder and i when we were really little, like, when we were still learning english. So it sort of stuck better." i said. I really did envy people who could learn languages easily. Even just taking french in school had been torture. And french was almost totally useless to me anyways.

Last edited by Ravyn on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:25 pm

James grinned and went to grab himself a drink. "For me, yes, for you, maybe not." He looked at her over his cup as he drank.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Synder: "For me? Definately not." i said, opening the bag as i spoke. Curiosity had gotten to me. My face lit up as i realized what he'd put inside. "He packed it!!!!" i said, excited now. I pulled out the small black case that contained what was probably my nearest and dearest posession.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:46 pm

James raised an eyebrow. "What's that?" He sat his glass down and moved to stand behind her. He tilted his head to the side curiosly.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:58 pm

(My post for Drake is on the last page, sorry, i realized id forgotten it after i posted so i went and edited it in but by that point you'd already replied so it wound up behind everything else ^^' )

Synder: "This..." i said, opening the case to reveal shining silver pieces, "Is my flute." i said, picking the pieces up and assembling the instrument. Id begun playing the flute when i was very small and had become pretty good at it. Upon further inspection, i realized Drake had also tucked my folder containing all my sheet music into the bag. I grinned. I really did love my brother sometimes.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:06 pm

James shrugged and went to sit in the chair next to the window. "That's nice." He watched the city below.

Jessica gave him an amused look. "Είναι πολύ εύκολο όταν την πράξη καθημερινά, διαφορετικά θα ξεχάσετε." Her smile widend. "I said it's easier when you practice it daily, or else you forget it."
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Synder: I pulled out my sheet music and found one of my favourite pieces, raising the flute to my lips and beginning to play. The foreign language that was music was easy to read for me, perhaps even easier for me to understand than english. Playing put me at peace, and the worry and sadness that had threatened to overwhelm me earlier fell away.

Drake: I shook my head a bit, grinning. "Im jealous. Seriously, i wish i could pick up languages easily." i said. But i was better at making stuff, working with my hands or with tools, not so much with books. I wasnt stupid... i got good grades and stuff in school. But languages were my difficult spot.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:22 pm

James's eyes slide back to look at her discreetly. She wasn't bad.....almost as good as that one flute player in France in the late 1800's. His eyes slid back to watch the city. He suddenly wished for his old home in the country. More demons were here, yes, more fun, but in the country he was able to do as he pleased and have some privacy.

"Οι άνθρωποι ...." ("Humans...") Jessica shook her head, muttering under her breath. "Just be thankful for what you have, but if you wanted i could teach you."

Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Drake: I raised an eyebrow, a little surprised. "You figure? I warn you, im a terrible student. I had one teacher who gave up on teaching me french.... i had to transfer classes." i said, chuckling. "And you're right, i should be. But languages fascinate me, and it frustrates me that im go good at learning them." i admitted.

Synder: Playing made me think of home, of the hours and hours id practiced in my room. Playing took me away, made me feel happy. Eventually though, i got lightheaded, as one does when playing the flute for too long. I carefully disassembled the instrument and put it away, placing my sheet music carefully back in the folder and in the bag. I glanced over at James. He looked like he was thinking about something. "What's on your mind?" i asked. He probably wouldnt tell me, but i figured i could risk asking anyways.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 pm

"Je m'ennuie de ma maison." (I miss my home.) He chuckled as he noticed the slip into French. He decided to just put it off. "Nothing really."

Jessica chuckled. "I never give up. For now on you'll be hearing Greek twenty four seven and if you don't understand it, ask." She shrugged.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Drake: I banged my head on a spopt of blank wall. "Crap.... what've i gotten myself into..." i muttered, but i was grinning. I wasnt really upset about it. Just a little.... daunted, by the prospect....

Synder: I'd had to take French in school, and could pretty mcuh understand what he was saying. "No, that's something. Homes are important. Where is home to you anyways?" i asked, my head tilting to one side as it did when i was thoughtful.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:44 pm

James arched an eyebrow at her. "Vous savez le français?" (You know French?) He decided he'd take the conversation elsewhere.

Jessica's smile widened. Humans... "Θέλετε να ξεκινήσετε την άσκηση, ή να πάει πέρα ​​από μερικές λέξεις;" She bit her lip to keep from laughing. "I said do you want to start practicing now, or start with the 24/7 thing?"

Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:53 pm

Synder: I blinked, rapidly attempting to translate in my head, and, hoping id understood properly, replied. "Er, a very small bit. It was required to learn some of it in school. I can usually catch the gist of what's meant, but im not great with it." i said. I noticed he'd changed the topic, but wouldnt pressure him about it.

Drake: I shook my head. "Nooooo idea..... Seriously, im going to fail at this." i said. "Practice would be good, i guess....." i said.

(Incidentally, i know no greek and cannot switch my keyboard to greek, so uh..... Drake wont actually be speaking any greek XD i did not anticipate things going in this direction. I do actually know some french, but not a lot. And i dislike using french. So Synder wont be using it. Unless i have a random impulse to use french, which is unlikely XD)
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:58 pm

(lol! KK. Hmm...maybe just say he's doing it. You don't have to actually write it. XD)

Jessica chuckled. "You'll get use to it." (ugh. me getting tired of switching it...so I'm just going to take my own advice! XD) I gave him a few simple words, such as goat, dog, cat, girl, and boy. "We'll get there." She grinned.

James gave a small smile and nodded. "I lived in france for a while, it's practically second language." He allowed his french accent to show through.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:10 pm

(Makes sense XD)

Drake: "Yeah, maybe in like, six hundred years? Incidentally, i wont live that long." i said. "But hopefully i'll be able to not completely fail, even if i dont achieve fluency." i said.

Synder: I grinned. "Really? That's so cool! I never would've guessed. What's France like?" i asked. Id always wanted to travel, see new places. As much as i loved home, id always been adventurous and foreign countries fascinated me.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:14 pm

James's lips twitched. "I only visited the city every once in a while. I use to live out in the country there, but otherwise large and pretty."

Jessica's mood soured slightly, jealous he'd be able to pass on but she'd be stuck here forever, but she kept her expression, somthing she'd mastered over the years. "I don't think it'll take that long..."
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:23 pm

Synder: I smiled. "That sounds so cool! Ive always been interested in travelling, but ive never been outside the country." i admitted. "Someday i hope i can see some different places." i said. Id planned to travel the world one day, maybe be a photographer or a journalist or something and write about the world. I wasnt sure that would ever happen now, but if i managed to deal with this demon issue.... i would make sure i went on a nice vacation in a foreign country.

Drake: "Id like to think not. But i really do think it would take that long. At least." i said, smiling a bit. But hey, maybe id master this quicker than i thought....

Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:26 pm

James sighed. "When you've traveled the earth, twice, you become bored with it. Of course in the beginning it was grand and all, but...." He gave a shrug.

Jessica chuckled. "Unless you're immortal I doubt you'll last that long. I'm....different then your average teacher, so don't sweat, we'll get through this. I owe you more then money for the herbs."
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Drake: "No, not immortal, not gonna last that long." i said, chuckling a little. "Im sure some of it will stick, eventually. In any case, i do appreciate the attempt." i said. Fluency was a bit of a stretch, really, i thought...

Synder: I went wide eyed. "You've travelled the earth TWICE?!"i said, shocked. "Aghhhhh! Quit rubbing it in! Im so jealous!" i said. "So, you've been everywhere, i guess? What's your favourite place, then?" i asked, curious.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Jessica patted his shoulder. "You'll do fine. Whatcha want to do in the meantime?" She was quickly getting bored, somthing that happend often at her age.

James's lips twitched. "Rome, Italy, or at least what it was like in the past." He tilted his head to the side, thinking.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Drake: I shrugged. "I dont know. Technically, im not supposed to be working today. My mom expects me to be out and about, or at least not working, but i never ahve anything to do on my days off." i said, shrugging. "Is there anything you feel like doing?" i asked.

Synder: "Oh, yeah.... that's right, you've been around a really long time. Remind me to pick your brain next time i have to study for a history test." i said, grinning. "What's it like, watching the world.... well, change like this?" i asked.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Jessica bit her lip and tilted her head, something she always did when thinking. "We could go for a walk I guess? We could swap info about each other."

James chuckled. "Boring honestly. Though interesting in a way I guess. A lot of things change and history had a tendancy to repeat itself."
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Drake: I smiled nodding. "Sounds good. It would probably do me some good to get out of the house anyways...." i said, sighing a bit. Id been pacing the house, stressed and worried about Synder since she'd disappeared. Now i was still worrying because she'd left under strange circumstances and i had no idea where she'd gone. I needed to get out and distract myself, quit worrying.

Synder: I nodded thoughtfully. "I guess it would be kinda like watching the same movie over and over again except the actors change and the special effects get better." i said, chuckling.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next