the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unfreezing the Heart of Darkness

2 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Unfreezing the Heart of Darkness - Page 9 Empty Re: Unfreezing the Heart of Darkness

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:29 am

James knew he could redeem himself and become her gaurdian angel, but he shook his head. He really was starting to turn soft. How was she doing this?
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Unfreezing the Heart of Darkness - Page 9 Empty Re: Unfreezing the Heart of Darkness

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:35 am

Synder: I lapsed back into unusual silence, thinking about my family. I really hoped that this demon issue would be resolved someday so i could go home..... this was so not good for my sanity. I was already quite certain i was coming down with stockholm syndrome or something. I didnt need some other mental illness to top off my crappy life.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:38 am

James sat crossed legged on the couch, looking out the window. His eyes narrowed and he shook his head. "I can take you now if you wish."
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:43 am

Synder: I looked up, blinking in surprise. "Yeah? Okay, then..... may as well get this over with..." i said, trying to figure out what i was going to say to my family. My heart hurt and i was a little bit scared of what came after this, but i couldnt avoid it. This was something i had to face....
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:46 am

James closed his eyes for a second then stood. "Come then. We need to be back before dark or we'll for sure run into a demon."
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:48 am

Synder: I nodded, standing up and pulling my coat on a bit tighter. I hadnt taken my long black coat off since id been abducted. My brother had given it to me and i didnt want to risk losing it.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:49 am

James opened the door for her and followed her out, staying close behind her. "We'll just grab a cab....we should be safer then walking."
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 am

Synder: "Okay. Makes sense." i agreed. I preferred walking places, but i would tolerate a car if it meant we wouldnt have demon trouble. I hoped Drake was home. He'd be easier to talk to rationally than my mother.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 am

James haild a cab for them and ushered Synder in. He hopped in himself and so he wouldn't have to spend money he went into the cab drivers mind and took control, putting the directions in his head, and he leaned back, and watched everything flash by.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Synder: The cab hurtled down familiar streets and eventually i spotted the ramshackle old victorian house half covered by ivy, surrounded by trees with the greenhouse in the back. Home.... As soon as the cab stopped, i hurtled out the door and ran up to the house, hammering on the door. The front porch had a neat railing and a small bench. Windchimes jingled merrily and bundles of dried herbs and protective charms hung around and in all the windows.

Drake: Id been out all ngiht looking for Synder with no luck. I was scared and feeling totally hopeless. I thought about ignoring the door when someone pounded on it, but got up and answered it anyways. I barely had time to register Synder before she tackled me in a hug that i was almost positive was breaking ribs, burying her face in my shoulder. I could feel my shirt getting slightly wet. She must be crying. I hugged her back for a minute before gently pulling her off me. "Where were you?!" i asked, concerned and worried. She bit her lip. "Drake..... something's come up. Some bad stuff is after me and i cant stick around or its going to put you and mom in danger. I have to leave, and i dont know when i'll be back." she said. Utter shock penetrated me. "What?! You're leaving?! You cant!" i protested. She shook her head. "I have to, and i can. Im 18, i can do whatever i want." she said. I shook my head. "Fine, but im coming with you." i said. She shook her head. "No, you cant. You have to stay here and look after mom, okay? I'll be fine." she protested.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:10 pm

James got out of the cab and waited at the end of the sidewalk, not wanting to approach. He stood there like a dark statue as he watched. He looked over his shoulder once he felt his sister's prescence.

Jessica walked over and stood by him. "You've gotten awfully soft you know." She watched the girl with her brother and chuckled when all James did was grunt in response.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Drake: I sighed. "Fine...." i said, caving reluctantly. I spotted some guy staring from the sidewalk. "Who the hell is that?" i asked, wary. Synder glanced back and back up at me. "Just a friend. He's helping me resolve the problem that means i have to leave." she said. "As soon as things are sorted out, i'll be back. I promise." she said. My instincts screamed at me not to let her go, to pull her in here and lock every door and window to keep everything out. But i knew she wouldnt let me. "I dont want to let you go....." i said, worry and fear making me choke up a little. She frowned. "I know, but i have to..... i dont want to see you or mom get hurt because of me." she said. I nodded. "All right.... oh, hang on..." i said, darting up to Synder's room. I pulled out her emergency backpack from under her bed and tucked a few extra things in it for her that i knew she'd appreciate. I returned to the door, handing her the backpack and she smiled. "Thanks." she said. I managed a small smile back. "No problem.... i know you can live out of that thing for months if you have to. I'll tell mom you went soul searching or something." i said, and we both laughed a bit, knowing that our very eccentric mother would totally beleive it and be fine with it. "Stay safe and come home soon, okay?" i told her. She nodded. "I will. I promise." she said, giving me another hug before leaving. I watched her go, and got the horrible sinking feeling i would never see her again.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Jessica gave her brother one last look and took off towards the house and hid in a tree there. She watched the brother and studied the house, curios about them.

James waited for Synder and he became life like again. "Your brother has a very interesting mind." He turned to the road to hail a uncoming taxi.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Synder: I blinked in surprise. "You were snooping in Drake's mind?! Not cool!" i protested. But it wasnt like i could stop him. It hurt so badly to leave again now, but i knew i couldnt stay. I was glad that Drake had at least got my emergency backpack. But it felt heavier than normal.... had he put something extra in it? I couldnt tell.

Drake: I watched from the front window as my sister left, already missing her. But at least she was okay..... for that, i was grateful. My mom was in the drying house, hanging herbs. I went out back into the greenhouse and began looking for weeds, work putting my mind at ease.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:28 pm

James chuckled and nodded. "I'm not a nice guy." Finally he was able to metnally get ahold of one and the taxi came over. James did the same thing to this man's mind and he leaned back in the seat as they took off.

Jessica followed and jumped out of the trees and crouched infront of him. "Hello." She knew James wouldn't be happy with her with what she was about to do later, but he's the one that kidnapped a human, all she'd be doing is friending a human.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Synder: I glared. "So ive noticed." i said dryly. I reluctantly got into the cab and we left. "How long do you think it'll take to get all this demon crap resolved?" i asked.

Drake: I glanced up as someone appeared. It was not uncommon for customers to venture in here. "Oh, hello. Can i help you with something?" i asked. She wasnt one of our regulars..... i was pretty sure id never seen her before in my life. What was she doing here?
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Jessica tilted her head and went through her mind for an excuse. "You wouldn't happen to have anything to keep out demons would ya?" Heck, maybe it was the truth, she'd go ahead and give them to James and that girl. She knew for a fact the charms wouldn't last long, but James was strong enough to take on anything, well in her eyes anyway.

James snorted. "A few weeks, months, years, how should I know? You're the only human to have escaped unscathed by a demon. Of course there are other angels, not fallen of course, but the humans usually end up getting hurt because of their own stupidity."
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Synder: "Oh gee, i feel special." i said, my sarcasm coming back. Years?! I didnt think id be able to manage that. What if we couldnt ever resolve the issue?! "So what happens until then? Are you just going to lock me in your apartment and hope we dont get attacked?" i asked, slightly frustrated.

Drake: "Demons? Hmm.... im not really a good person to ask about that. My mom would be better, but she's busy right now..... hmmm....." i said. "I do know a few things that are supposed to work though." i said. "Follow me." i said, heading into the part of the house where we kept our shop. I pulled down a few jars of herbs and set them out. "These hung around in mesh bags are supposed to work, or better, made into an infusion and smeared on windowsills and doorframes. We have some protective amulets and charms too...." i muttered, pulling some stuff of shelves and setting them aside. "If you had a particular kind of demon in mind, there are more specific things you can use, but again, im not the best person to ask." i said.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Jessica's nose wrinkles at the amulets. "I've never been one to trust amulets and charms. Just give me the strongest herb you've got, and i've got more then one demon on my tail."

James smirked. "No. I'm keeping you in my apartment and HOPE we get attacked. I'm hoping they'll give up eventually. Which on occasion they do."
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Synder: "Oh.... oh, great...." i said, paling slightly at the mention of being attacked. I really really REALLY didnt want to be attacked. But..... i trusted James enough to keep me safe. He hadnt killed me yet and was hoping he would continue not-killing me.

Drake: "All right." i said, grabbing a jar of herbs and carefully weighing out a precise amount, packaging it, and ringing it up (this was, after all, a store). "Five bucks." i said. We didnt have particularly high prices here.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Jessica reached in her pocket and handed over a five dollar bill. Usually she'd use that trick of her brothers and control their minds and make off with her stuff, but she didn't mind this time. She took the herbs. "Thanks. How is it, being normal and all, that a cute guy like you ends up working here?"

James smiled and chuckled. "Yes, it is great, isn't it? Maybe you'll get to join in on the fight somtime. I could teach you how to fight them." He wasn't worried about her turning on him, he'd already gaven in to the face that he couldn't kill her.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Drake: "Thanks." i said, placing the money in the cash register. I blinked in surrpise at the second comment. "Well, i sort of live here. My mom owns the place. This also happens to be my home. But i enjoy working here. I like working with the plants and finding out their various uses is pretty interesting. Im learning to make amulets and such too. My mom thinks i have a talent for it." i said, shrugging.

Synder: "That was sarcasm, moron. Its not great at all. Being attacked is horrible." i said, squirming slightly, uncomfortable just thinking about it. "Learning how to fight could be good. Id like to be able to protect myself instead of just cowering under a table and hoping i dont die." i said.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:56 pm

James's voice was dry. "i was adding my own sarcasm to yours, and yes, it would. Not to mention there may be times I can't be everywhere at once."

Jessica looked around her and frowned. "Like I've said before, I don't trust trinkets to protect me. Herbs are more believeable, but that does sound cool. Why does your mom do this kind of work?"
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Drake: "My mother.... is a very eccentric individual. Who knows why she does anything." I said, chuckling a bit. "I think its an old family thing. If im not wrong, ym grandmother was in teh same kind of work. Im not sure." i said.

Synder: "See, you using sarcasm or joking.... its hard to pick up on it. I never know with you." i said, pursing my lips slightly. "If you feel like attempting to teach me to fight, im all for learning." i said.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Jessica gave a slight smile. "I can tell you most of the things they might hear are wrong, but don't forget there's always a sliver of truth in myths." Of course she knew this stuff, she was the stuff of myths as well.

James shrugged. "I like to be unreadable, and yeah I'm up for it." He exited the cab as they stopped. How the heck did he start out from wanting to kill her to wanting to help her?
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next