the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In His Way, Mr. K Will Challenge The World...

4 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

In His Way, Mr. K Will Challenge The World... - Page 25 Empty Re: In His Way, Mr. K Will Challenge The World...

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Sadie
"There's nothing you can know that isn't known. Nothing you can see that isn't shown. Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy. All you need is love, all you need is love, All you need is love, love, love is all you need. All you need is love" Taking a deep breath, I command "All together now" Some of the druggies respond, the others not so much. A few even booed. But I concentrated on the ones that sang along "All you need is love...everybody!" A few more join in "All you need is love, love, love is all you need." I finish with a flourish, and take a deep breath, waiting for the crowd's reaction

Back to top Go down

In His Way, Mr. K Will Challenge The World... - Page 25 Empty Re: In His Way, Mr. K Will Challenge The World...

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Larry: I watched from the wings and shook my head with a smile. Sadie just would not give up on the mushiness, would she? Still, it looked as though she had given a good performance. There was only a group of zoinked druggies who weren't clapping. Everyone else had been touched, or had at least liked it. Or was too drunk to care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Wait, why exactly is Jude at the Cirque?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Sadie
Then I wasn't quite sure what to do. Play another song? Get off stage? I glanced at Larry, hoping for a signal of some sort

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Aro: My eyes narrow in thought as I watch te crowd's mixed reaction. Tonight was her trial night and an extremely good or extremely bad performance would make them remember her for just the next day. But mediocre... "They'll forget about her," I say as I spot Larry. "But she has potential. Do we keep her or kick her out? Either way she won't be headlining again until she gains a fan base."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Its complicated. Kinda a...not obsession...but something keeps bringing him back, drawing him into circus life. Then there's Sadie and Julia.

Jude
Tears prickled at my eyes, and I growl in annoyance, wiping them away. She was an amazing singer. The thought of her becoming just another performer...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Larry: "I think we should keep her, but we need to change her genre of music. The druggies don't get pumped and drunk with loves songs. And if they're not drunk they won't by drugs," I would know, having rolled around the drug cart for years.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Aro: I think about this for a minute and then open up the curtain and start hissing at the girl. "Go helter skelter on them. That hotel was named after the song, right?"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Julia: I sneaked into the Cirque, though it wasn't really sneaking since I went through the front door. I figured Aro didn't hang out front, though, so I felt pretty safe. I wove through the crowd, stalling so I could formulate a plan. I noticed a face, one I recognized. Which was odd. Oh wait, it was Jude from earlier. Hm. I walked up silently beside him, then said "You need to work on your disguises."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Sadie
"You want me to Helter Skelter?" I mouthed back with a grin. Trust me- I wasn't all love songs. I was spirit. Helter Skelter had spirit. Tearing the bun out of my hair, I let it spill over my shoulders and clear my thought "When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide, where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride till I get to the bottom and I see you again
Yeah, yeah, yeah!" I sung the words loudly, harshly. Not always my style, and once again my voice wasn't really rough enough to give the full effect, but I got the message across "Do you don't you want me to love you?
I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you. Tell me tell me come on tell me the answer! Well you may be a lover but you ain't no dancer"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Larry: I ran a hand over my face, this kind of song didn't mix well with the innocent-cripple vibe. I sighed, but just tried to make the best of the performance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 pm

innocent cripple that with a bite?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:18 pm

what?

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:18 pm

Aro: "Her edge needs more edge but it's a possibility..." I say. "She should've started with that, get everyone invested in her before she pulls out the love songs. But like I said, I'm fifty fifty on her."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Larry: I drummed my fingers on the wall. "I say we give her one more slot tomorrow night, a minor one, and see if she can pull through. See if anyone actually liked her enough to pay attention to a small act."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:21 pm

sorry, I rewrote that sentence a few times. I just meant, she's not going to go into a neat box like that. She wants to rally the crowd, set some spirit on fire...with some love songs. It's all about spirit.

Sadie
After that song, I wheeled off stage, breathless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:21 pm

Ende, Julia talked to Jude...just so you know Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Jude
"Yah, I do" I answered, practically ignoring her as Sadie wheeled off stage. I was not going to get attached to a carnie

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Aro: "Tell her then," I say as I walk back on stage. "Thank you, thank you ladies and gents..."

Mr. H: "Why don't you say we go say hello to everyone, Maggie? Call Maxwell and the others as well back from their seats above- they've had mire than enough fun."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:28 pm

Julia: "Was she any good?" I referred to the girl in the wheelchair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Jude
"Very" I nod, stuffing my hands into my pockets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:30 pm

Julia: "Someone have a little crush now?" I teased, having heard their conversation earlier, too. I somehow doubted he did - then again, anything was possible at the Cirque.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Ende, do you want Rose or Valerie?
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:34 pm

Jude
"No- just don't want to see two more young girls turned into multicolored barbies" I respond, turning to face her

Rose please, what did you say she was again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Julia: "Two? I'm fairly certain there was only one performer up there," I said in confusion. Had there been another part to the act? Involving another performer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next