the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

3 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation - Page 5 Empty Re: Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Kylia was trying not to smile as she listened to him. Despite the seriousness of the situation, she couldn't help but think how cute he was, and remember all the other times they had been in situations like these. She sighed, eyes filled with love for the man in front of her. "Promise," she murmured and kissed him gently. "I'll be alright...the kids come first."

Cass nodded and followed her, both of them arriving just in time to hear Kylia's last sentence. Cass shifted uncomfortably, feeling as if they had just walked in at a very inopportune moment.

Back to top Go down

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation - Page 5 Empty Re: Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

Post by Kara Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Lorrick wrapped his arms around his wife and kissed her back, deepening it slightly despite their audience. "Stay safe," he muttered, reluctantly unwrapping his arms. He turned to look at Cass and Skylur, his hands on his hips. "Alright, how are we going to do this?" he muttered, half to himself.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Cass looked at Skylur, then back to Lorrick. "I...take her first and I'll wait," he said, pulling Skylur forward. "Take her first, and Jarred. I'll stay." He didn't want her to be in danger anymore than she had to. "Please," He said, almost as if he was begging, though it wasn't very clear in his tone.

Jarred looked down at his mother, his eyes filled with worry. Worry for her and worry for Lilith.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Lorrick studied the boy, his respect for him climbing up a notch. "Take Kylia into the coffee shop," he told him, the thanks written in his eyes. "Don't let her out of your sight, do you hear me?" With that, he took his daughter in his arms, his wings fanning out around him. "Jarred, come on. I'm going to take you to the old house. You can keep watch on Lilith there." He looked at Kylia, worry for her still settling uneasily in his stomach, before taking off into the air.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Cass went back to the coffee shop with Kylia, both staying in a crowded area but out of sight. Kylia struck up conversation with the boy and soon she knew almost all there was to know about him. She refused to let him answer with one word answers which seemed to help pass the time for both of them. Cass appreciated having someone to talk to that was a sort of mother figure. He hadn't had that in his life since he was little. It wasn't long and both were very much attached to each other, Kylia feeling as though she had taken on another son, and Cass feeling as though he had someone he could talk to.

Jarred followed quickly, not stalling. He occasionally looked down at Lilith to make sure she was still alive as he followed Lorrick through the skies, his mind buzzing with activity. So many thoughts were flying through his head it was hard to keep them straight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:12 pm

When Lorrick passed over the old house, he looked back over his shoulder to his son, keeping a tight hold on his daughter. "If you need anything, you know where we are." He nodded toward the still unconcious Lilith. "But make sure she doesn't find out. At least not yet." Without stopping, he kept flying home. After he dropped off Skylur and made sure she was okay, he quickly flew back to the coffee shop, pulling his wings against his spine as he walked in the door.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Kylia and Cass were in a crowded corner, talking over a cup of coffee. She nodded thoughtfully, glancing up just in time to see Lorrick. When she saw him she beamed happily, though she seemed somewhat nervous. Her eyes flickered to the forms in the corner who seemed to be GWC representatives, according to Cass. She really hoped Lorrick wasn't spotted and recognized.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Jarred dropped down to the house, landing carefully before taking Lilith inside and laying her on one of the many beds inside. He looked around, searching for clean bandages and something to cleanse the wound. He then came back setting everything he needed on the nightstand beside the bed. He gave her shoulder a slight shake, his eyes filled with worry. "Lilith?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Lilith's eyebrows pulled together slightly, her head turning to the side. A small whimper escaped her lips, a few beads of sweat lying on her forehead. When she heard Jarred's voice, her eyes opened slightly before closing again. The pain in her stomach was unbearable, the blood-soaked bandages useless.

Lorrick saw Kylia's eyes flicker back and forth between himself and the men. Not daring to go any closer, he pointed at Cass and crooked his finger, telling him to follow him. Now, he was leaving Kylia all alone. the thought made his stomach twist, but he saw no other way to do this.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Cass glanced around and smiled to Kylia, continuing the act of a normal coffee shop conversation. He told her he had to go to the bathroom, just in case anyone around them was there to hear. He then got up, heading towards the bathroom before detouring through some people and over to Lorrick. Kylia's hands fell into her lap as she stared down at the table, taking a deep breath to steady herself. Even after all these years, she still didn't like being left alone. She cleared her throat before singing quietly to herself in an attempt to calm her nerves.

Jarred worked quickly to change and clean her bandages, his hands being as gentle as they possibly could be. Once he had finished, he gave her something for the pain. "Lilith, you're going to be alright. You're safe now."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Lilith gave a small, weak smile. "You know," she murmured, her voice wavering slightly. "I'm usually the one applying first-aid." She closed her eyes again, taking a soft breath. Knowing that Jarred was merely a few feet away put her at ease, helping her relax. "Thank you," she whispered.

Lorrick gave Kylia one last look before picking up Cass like he would pick up his wife or daughter. Without a word, he took to the sky, heading quickly toward the house. "How long had those representatives been in the coffee shop?" he asked him, his eyes in front of him.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Cass sighed, trying to not look down. He wasn't exactly a fan of heights. "Um...five, maybe ten minutes," he said, his face paling slightly. "They came in laughing and talking. I don't think they recognized your wife sir. They seemed perfectly at ease." He hoped they got to wherever they were going soon.

Jarred gave a small smile, brushing her cheek gently with his fingers. "You're welcome, Lilith...just get better." He pulled a chair up beside her bed, watching her quietly. "Don't disappear on me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:26 am

Lorrick nodded, not making anymore conversation until he got to the house. When he landed and set Cass down, Skylur came running out of the house, already changed into sweats and a sweatshirt. "Hurry up and go get Mom, Dad," she said, taking Cass's hand. She was just as worried about her as Lorrick was. Lorrick took a step closer and kissed her forhead before taking off into the sky again.

Lily gave a small smile, shaking her head slightly. "I won't disappear," she murmured, her heart warming to his concern. She closed her eyes again, giving a small sigh. The cut wasn't as deep as it felt, but the dagger used had been coated in dirt and grime. Leave it to Mathew to make sure the weapons were never cleaned.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:18 am

Kylia was still sitting in the same bench as before, her eyes locked on her coffee. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself and stop the shaking. She knew she was going to break into a panic attack if Lorrick didn't hurry. Her eyes flickered to the table of GWC members who were still talking and laughing. She felt her face pale yet another shade, if that's even possible. She closed her eyes, swallowing hard.

Jarred watched her, his eyes searching her face. "Promise?" he asked. He really didn't want her to disappear. He didn't know what he would do with himself if she did. His hand slipped into hers, holding it gently, his hands warm and giant compared to her tiny hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Lilith nodded softly, her eyes closed. "Promise," she whispered, her fingers curling around his hand in a weak grip. "You don't either, okay?" she tried to ask, although it came out sounding more like "Ooh d'nt 'ther, tay?" as sleep over took her once more.

Lorrick landed outside the coffee shop, cursing himself for not thinking of grabbing another shirt that wasn't shredded. Taking a deep breath, he pulled his wings against his spine and walked into the shop, sticking to the mass of people as much as possible, his eyes always glancing over to the reps. "C'mon," he murmured so only Kylia could hear when he reached her.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Cass looked over at Skylur and gave a small smile, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "She's going to be alright," he said, trying his best to comfort her. He didn't know how she did it, but in a matter of hours she had him floundering like a fish out of water, trying to control his emotions. Part of him didn't want to control them though...some of his emotions actually...felt good.

Kylia jumped slightly when she heard his voice. Her eyes had been closed because she had been focusing on her breathing and making sure she stayed calm. She quickly climbed out of the booth that she had sat in, but made it look as though it was normal. With a small prayer in her heart that the reps wouldn't see them, she followed Lorrick out, quickly ducking into an alleyway. Her hands were shaking, her insides turning unhappily.

Jarred watched her quietly, his lips pursed together slightly. "I won't...I promise," he murmured, his hand closing around hers. He didn't move from that spot from then on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:32 am

Skylur smiled softly, greatful for his words. "C'mon," she murmured, pulling him into the house. "Let me show you around." They were inside the kitchen, the hardwood floors sparkling after just being cleaned. She showed him the livingroom and the laundry room before walking upstairs. "Your room will be the last one on the left, I'm assuming," she told him, pointing toward it. She turned to him finally, biting her lip, guilt rising up in her stomach. "Listen, I'm really sorry about this...."

Lorrick wrapped his arms around Kylia and kissed her temple, holding her tight. "That's the last time I'm leaving you alone," he muttered. scooping her up in his arms and flying away.

Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:04 am

Kylia clung to him, happy for his embrace. Her hands shook slightly, but other than that she had calmed considerably. "If you say so," was all she had to say to his comment. She knew there would be a time when he would have to go, there had always been a time when he had to go. Saying he wouldn't leave her alone was a bit of an empty promise.

Cass watched her, a small smile slipping onto his lips as he followed her through out the house. It had been a while since he had been in an actual house. At the moment he lived in the homeless shelter because he couldn't find work, so this was perfect. When she started to apologize, he turned to look at her, his eyes searching her face. Before he could stop himself, he kissed her gently, his emotions a full mix of things. He pulled away and looked at her, giving her a small smile. "I'm glad it happened," he murmured quietly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Skylur looked up at him, her eyes widened slighlty. Her fingers traced her lips softly, a warm feeling starting in the pit of her stomach. She would have asked him if he was sure about this, about getting mixed up with her family, but she felt his emotions, the positives he was feeling toward this. "Why?" she finally asked, studying his face closely.

Lorrick held her tightly as he landed outside the house. "I'm still not a fan of this set up," he muttered as he set her down. "What if this is all a trick?"

Wanna skip a head a day with Lily and Jarred? Or just wait untill these guys are a day ahead too?
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:06 pm

I'll let you decide, I'm fine with whatever.

Cass smiled and brushed the hair from her face. "Well, for one I met you and two..." his eyes searched hers for a long moment. "I wasn't exactly in a great place to begin with." His voice was quiet at the last statement.

Kylia held onto his hand as soon as he set her down, her own hands still shaking. "Well, you'll just have to live with it. Cass is a good kid, he won't do anything to harm us," she said as she led him inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Skylur glanced out the window and saw her parents land. She bit her lip and looked back to Cass. She wanted to keep talking to him, to learn more about him. Gently taking his hand, she pulled him into the room to their right; her room. The walls were white with large red flowers climbing up to the ceiling and the carpet was soft beneath their feet. Her queen sized bed laid next to the far wall, a large window facing the opposite way. Every once in a while, she'd climb out of it and onto the roof to be by herself, to think on her own. Now though, she sat on her bed and pulled her knees up to her chest. "What happened to you Cass?" she asked softly, watching him.

Lorrick followed her, scanning the house. "Oh really? Did you talk to him? Figure out his story?" He walked into the livingroom, his brows pulling together. "Where are they?"

Lily opened her eyes, the pain in her stomach jerking her awake. "Dammit," she muttered, leaning back into the pillows. She looked around the room, not recognizing any of it. The day before was a blur, the events meshing together.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:01 pm

Jarred's eyes lit up at the site of Lily being awake. "Hey, just take it easy," he muttered, his hand still in hers. "Want a drink of water?" He had been sitting beside her bed since she had fallen asleep the day before and hadn't moved an inch since.

Kylia gave a small nod. "I did, and it's not a happy one," she said as she went to the kitchen to wash some dishes and cook. "They're probably upstairs talking, dear...." she turned and gave him a small smile. "Just have a little faith in the boy."

Cass blinked and watched her as she sat down. He sat against her far wall, watching her. He looked down at his hands and sighed. "What do you mean?" he asked softly, knowing exactly what she was meaning but almost hoping he was wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Lily looked over toward him, her eyebrows pulling together. So everything wasn't just a dream? Mathew, Lorrick, the other angel.... She sighed, wincing slightly at the pain that coursed through her. "What happened?" she muttered. She knew the basics....but everything else was so messed up in her brain, it was a wonder her mind wasn't mush.

Lorrick peeled off his shreaded shirt and threw it in the garabage. "Haven't torn a shirt like that in years," he muttered. He finally plopped down at the kitchen table. "I suppose you're not going to tell me what it is?" he asked, glancing over toward her hopfully.

Skylur watched him closely, biting her bottom lip, a nervous gesture she always had. She felt his reluctantness as if it were a blanket that settled around them. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," she murmured, still watching him. "Just know I'm here if you need anyone, kay?"
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Jarred sighed as he watched her, eyes searching her face. "You were attacked with a grimy knife. I brought you here to heal...this is my home." He knew he wasn't suppose to let her know where the other house was.

Cass sighed and looked down at his hands then back to her. "I was eight and my father use to work at the GWC. He was one of the old staff, before the company went corrupt. He, along with some others decided that it needed to come to an end, so they set up a rebellion. Someone leaked out about the rebellion and who was in it and the next thing I know...I'm hiding under my bed with my baby sister as the screams of my parents...I ran with her and we hid..I lived on the streets with her for the longest time...and then the angels found us..They took her and I never saw her again..." He had tears rolling down his cheeks that he hadn't even noticed had fallen. "I made a life for myself...started a small business.....I fell in love.....and then the angels came again." His head hung. "They killed her..right in front of me...I vowed then I wouldn't let myself feel again...I couldn't stand the pain..."

Kylia sighed and looked at Lorrick, watching him take the shirt off. She grabbed some clean bandages and some things to clean the wound, making him sit down. "Alright...I'll tell you," she muttered. She then began to relate Cass's story to him as she dressed his wounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Lilith watched him for a moment, processing this. "Thank you then," she murmured. She winced as she tried to sit up. "I need to go. I have to get back to Mathew."

Skylur opened her mouth in shock but nothing came out. She stood up and walked over to where Cass was sitting and sat next to him. "I'm sorry that you had to go through that," she whispered, gently taking his hand. She wanted to be there for him, to be the one to take away his bad fortune...but only if he wanted her to be that.

Lorrick looked toward his shoulder in surprise, realizing for the first time that his wound was still bleeding. And that it actually hurt. He listened to Cass's story in silence, keeping that silence when Kylia was finished talking. He mulled things over, before finally sighing. "I have to talk to him about the rebellion," he murmured softly, not knowing what else to say.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next