the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

3 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation - Page 7 Empty Re: Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

Post by Kara Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Lily snorted softly, finishing her eggs. They were surprisingly staying down really well. "Safe for him, sure," she muttered. She sighed softly and stared at the empty plate, wondering how her life had gotten so out of control. Making a face, she pushed back her chair and braced herself on the table top, slowly trying to stand. Pain laced through her belly, making her wince.

Lorrick sighed, running his fingers through his hair. He gave Cass a look before walking down the hallway. "Skylur," he called, stomping down the stairs. "Kitchen. Now." He made a face at Kylia when he saw her, his good mood from earlier no where in sight. "I don't like him," he muttered, crossing his arms across his chest and leaning against the counter.

Skylur sighed and muttered a few choice words under her breath. "I'm so sorry," she murmured, kissing Cass's cheek before she hurried after her father.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation - Page 7 Empty Re: Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Cass blinked, eyes wide as his fingers rested on his cheek where she had kissed him. That...that was new. Almost all thoughts of what had happened with Lorrick had disappeared...Almost. Inside he still felt a swelling of guilt. For what, he didn't know, but he felt guilty.

Jarred was quickly beside her, his hands holding her up. "Be careful," he said softly. "Were are you going?"

Kylia raised a brow as she looked at him. "Why not? Just a moment ago you were totally fine with him. And I am going no where if you're going to be in a mood," she said pointing a finger at him that still had a small bit of peanut butter from when she had swiped the inside of the jar while waiting for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:30 pm

"I'm not 'in a mood'," Lorrick argued, giving a very fake smile as if to prove that point. "And when I said I was fine with him, that was before he decided to sleep with our daughter." He knew that he wasn't being fair, that they were only /sleeping/ and not having sex, but still. This was their little girl they were talking about.

Skylur walked into the kitchen, saw the look on her dad's face, and nearly high tailed it out of there. "Don't even think about it, Skylur," her dad growled before she even turned aorund. "Sit down." Sighing, she pulled out a chair from under the table and sat, looking toward her mom for help.

Lilith couldn't deny the help he gave her. She was too weak to fight, and she couldn't hide that she needed it. "I need to shower," she sighed, her hands still braced on the table. She looked at Jarred, a smile on her lips. "How you going to help me with that one, Superman?"
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Jarred smirked and lifting her carefully into a bridal hold. "I have an idea." He carried her back upstairs to the master bedroom that had a bathroom attached to the room. He set her on the bed. "Strip to your under clothes," he told her. He then went to the bathroom and started the bath for her.

Kylia raised a brow and looked at Skylur. "Lorrick, sit down." She told him softly. She ran a hand through her hair, not happy that her night was now ruined. "Sky, what happened?" She asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Lilith sat on the bed and sighed, making a face. She really needed a shower...but did she want this near stranger to see her in her bra and panties? Really seeing no other choice, she carefully pulled off her shirt and pants, leaving her black bra and panties bare. She looked down at the bandages around her midsection, her fingers lightly tracing the red stain that was starting to show through the white tape again. She really needed to stop moving so much so that the bleeding would actually stop.

Lorrick reluctantly listened to his wife as Skylur told her mom what had happened. "We were only asleep, Mom," she reassurred her. "Nothing happened, I swear.''
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Kylia nodded and sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I believe you sweety," she said with a small smile. "Just promise me that'll never happen again...and that you'll keep your door open at all times. Please?"

Jarred came back and lifted her carefully, carrying her to the bathroom. He glanced at her bandage and frowned slightly. "I'll help you wash that once you've gotten everything else clean." He said quietly as he set her down in the tub.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:57 pm

His bare hands sent electric shocks through Lilith, goose bumps rising on her skin despite the warmth that was spreading through her. "Thanks," she muttered, closing her eyes as the water covered her body. She washed herself off as quickly as she could, careful not to move too suddenly and pull on the bandage. When she went to wash her hair though, she sucked in a painful breath, squeezing her eyes shut. "Note to self," she muttered, her eyes still closed. "Arms must stay below head."

Skylur sighed and held her head in her hands. "Yeah, sure," she murmured, knowing no to argue with her parents. Last time that had happened, she lost. Miserably.

Lorrick mulled this over, wishing that he could just make Cassanova stay in a whole other part of the house. Too bad Kylia wouldn't go for that. Taking what he could get, he stood back up and took Kylia's coat from the rack. "You're mother and I are going to go out for the night, all right?" he said, looking toward Skylur. "No funny buisness while we're gone. I'm serious.''
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Kylia rolled her eyes at Lorrick and walked over, taking her coat from him. "Have a little faith, Lorrick. They're good kids." She pulled on her coat and looked over at Skylur before quickly going over and kissing her cheek. "I love you sweetheart. I'll see you soon." She then went back over to Lorrick, feeling apprehensive about leaving Skylur...it wasn't that she didn't trust Cass, it was more that she had the feeling something bad was going to happen. Something that involved Landon. She shrugged it off as remnant feelings that were left from their encounter with him earlier that day.

Jarred sighed and took the shampoo. "Let me help you," he said quietly and began to wash her hair for her, making sure to be careful. He had to do the same thing for Sky once, so he was pretty practiced at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Lorrick took Kylia's hand and steered her toward the door. "We're going to be home late, so don't wait up," he told his daughter, looking over his shoulder at her. "Call if you need anything." He walked outside and shut the door behind Kylia before quickly sweeping her off her feet and into his arms. "You ready?" he asked, kissing her cheek.

Skylur sighed and locked the door behind her parents before going to lock all the windows in the house. It was something she had gotten into the habbit of thanks to her protective parents. Finally, she walked into her room, mkaing sure to keep the door open behind her. "I'm really sorry," she murmured, giving Cass an appologetic smile.

Lily tensed for a moment before relaxing into the warm, bubbly water. She leaned back against the wall of the tub, her eyes closed. It felt good to be taken care of... But the thought of being so dependent on this hybrid bothered her, making her tense up all over again. What was she going to do if he decided to kill her given the fact that she wanted his father dead? She was in no state to fight...to defend herself..... She thought of Mathew, wondering how he was going about his search for her....Would she be found, or was Jarred telling the truth about the force field?
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:37 am

Cass looked up at her, sitting on the edge of her bed. "It's alright, I didn't mean to get you in trouble." He said, quickly standing when she entered the room. He looked truly apologetic, his eyes filled with worry for her.

Kylia grinned and held onto him. "As ready as I'll ever be...this better be good Bennet, I was perfectly happy back on the bed." She said as she kissed his neck in an attempt to get him to go back to their room.

Jarred helped her lay back and rinse out her hair, then helped her out of the bath and dry off. With gentle hands he redressed her wounds, helped her dress, then went about brushing her hair as if this was all natural for him. "My sister got hurt like this once," he said softly. "I took care of her until she was better. If I'm not doing something right, please let me know."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:39 pm

Skylur smiled at him, giving a small shrug. "You didn't get me in trouble. My dad can just...overreact sometimes." She sat on the window seat and looked out into the night. The stars were out, the sky was cloudless...It was beautiful. Not for the first time, she wished she had powerful wings like her brother and dad. She would love to be able to sore through the air without a care in the world.

Lorrick grinned, tilting his head so that she had better access to his neck. The feel of her soft lips on his scarred neck sent shivers down his spine. "We're not going back to the house until this is over," he told her, no room for argument in his voice. He smiled down at her as he flew into town, making sure to keep out of sight from those who may look up.

Lily closed her eyes, enjoying the feel of his fingers running through her hair. "What had happened to your sister?" she asked, forgetting that she was supposed to hate these people.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Jarred sighed as he grabbed a ponytail from his pocket that Skylur had made him hold and accidentally forgot. "She was attacked," he said quietly. He put her hair into a loose, but effective bun and watched her for a moment. "She was attacked because she was with me." He sat her down in a chair and went about cleaning up what little mess they had made.

Cass watched her carefully before moving to sit on the opposite end of the window seat. "What are you thinking?" he asked, curiosity filling him.

Kylia frowned and rolled her eyes. "Well, what is it we are doing?" She asked as she watched him, glancing down at the town every once in a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Lily watched him, her eyes slightly narrowed. "Why would she be attacked because of you?" she asked, the cold air brushing her bare neck. "What did you do?" She was just beinning to trust him too...

Skylur looked over at him, a small, rueful smile on her lips. "Just about how pretty it is tonight," she murmured, pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her chin on the top of them. "Don't you ever want to just get out of the normal every day world and go somewhere not everyone can go?" She was looking out the window again, a longing look in her eyes.

Lorrick chuckled, shaking his head as he landed in an alleyway. "Why would I tell you?" He set Kylia gently on her feet before pulling off his torn shirt. After throwing it into a dumpster, he pulled a new one from the tie string bag on his back and pulled it on. "Come on," he said, taking her hand. He started walking down the sidewalk as he pulled her hand up to his lips and gently kissed her knuckles.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Jarred gave a small sigh and looked over at her. "I was standing on the beach without my shirt, making my wings visible...I was talking to Skylur, or rather she was talking to me. She began yelling because she was.." He frowned trying to think of the emotion. "She was frustrated. Some men that had been nearby that I hadn't heard because of her yelling came and thought I was attacking her." He frowned and sighed again, running a hand through his hair. "She put herself in the way and they realized she was with me, and decided it would be best to do away with us both."

Kylia watched him with a look of curiosity and skepticism. But followed him anyway, clinging tight to his hand. She didn't like being in town all that often. She soon found herself tucking into his side, under his arm.

Cass smirked and gave a small nod. "Every day," he said quietly, looking down at his hands. Longing filled him, followed by the sorrow that had filled him earlier when he was talking to her about his past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:10 pm

(When we gunna have Skylur be abducted?)

Right. He had wings. That fact seemed to keep escaping her. She watched him carefully, mulling this over. "You're an angel. A thing made to kill without emotion. With no regret, no hesitation, no thought. So why is it that you care so much for one person, even if that person is your sister? It makes no sense."

Skylur watched him, biting her bottom lip. "Are you alright?" she asked softly.

Lorrick held her close to him, his eyes flickering back and forth, looking for any sign of danger. He finally stopped at a new coffee shop and held the door open for her. Once they were inside, he took her coat off of her and drapped it over his arm. The coffee shop had a homey feel to it with a fire place in the corner, the walls made of what looked like logs, and a carpet soft enough to sleep on. "Here we are," he said, smiling down at her. He nodded toward the back of the room where a stage was placed. On it was a small microphone, a single chair, and a new acustic guitar.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Kylia's mouth dropped as she stared at the stage. "Who's playing?" She asked, a slight excitement rising inside her. She hadn't heard real music in a long time. She hadn't had an instrument of any kind and radio signal was terrible out at the house.

Jarred looked over at her before crouching in front of her. "I wasn't created the way normal angels are," he said softly. "I was born, just like you...and I have feelings." He said just as quietly. "Mine have just taken longer to develop than yours. I've always been protective of Skylur, ever since she was born...she was mine to take care of. She was helpless, and my father had to take care of my mother. So I reasoned in my head, it was my job to take care of Sky."

Cass blinked and looked over at her, quickly hiding the emotions and gave a small nod with a smile. "Of course." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "You hungry? I could make you something.."

(When Lorrick and Kylia are coming back so they can witness)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Lorrick raised his eyebrows as he looked down at her. He set her coat at a table and sat down in the seat himself. "You are, of course," he told her, amusment in his voice.

Skylur raised her eyebrows at him, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. "Remember something Cass," she told him, standing up. "I'm empathic." She gave a small smile as she took his hand and pulled him up. "Come on. Homemade pizza sounds really good to me right now."

Lily looked at him closely, studying every line in his face, the color of his eyes, the way his hair fell over his forehead. "You're different," she murmured softly, surprising herself. The words escaped her lips without any concent from her brain.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Cass blinked and followed her down the stairs, awe filling him as he stared at her in a new light. That would mean he had to watch his emotions around her. He swallowed and glanced around the house. It was a nice house in his opinion....he felt himself warming, his heart fluttering at her hand in his.

Jarred stared at her and gave a small, half smile. "I try to be," he said quietly. "I don't want to be grouped with all the angels you know. Because I'm not like them...I'm different.." He looked down at his hands before he stood. "Do you like to read?"

Kylia's excitement turned to shock as she stared at Lorrick. "You're kidding...you're so kidding."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:50 pm

When they got into the kitchen, Skylur let go of his hand and went to the fridge, getting out the ingredients for dough. "Have you ever made homemade pizza before?" she asked, looking over her shoulder at him.

Lily gave a small laugh, shaking her head. "I don't have any time to read," she told him, fingering the bandage around her torso. "With Mathew, it's all about training. Getting ready for what he thinks will be war."

Lorrick laughed finally, shaking his head. He looked up at the clock above the small fireplace. "You're on in ten minutes. Better hurry."
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Kylia's face lit up and she ran to the stage, sitting down and gently pulling the guitar into her lap. She tuned it carefully, grinning at the feel of the sleek wood under her hands. It was better than she remembered and dreamed about.

Jarred looked over at her and gave a small nod. "By the looks of it...your Mathew is most likely right." He went over to the bookshelf and pulled down a book, handing it to Lily. "It's my sister's favorite....perhaps it could keep you occupied...I'm not sure how good of company I'll be..."

Cass shook his head as he watched her, walking over and helping her set thing on the counter. "Can't say that I have."

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:21 pm

psst, kara....
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Psst, Bw....

Lily looked down at the book in her hands, her eyebrows pulling together when she saw the title. "Angels and Demons?" she asked, looking up at him. "Isn't this by the same guy who wrote the Dividing Code or whatever it's called?"

Skylur's smile widened. "Well, you don't know what you've been missing, Cass." She put all the ingredients in a big mixing bowl and stirred it until the dough started to get thick. She pulled it out and placed it on the counter before she started to kneed it. She looked over at Cass, her eyebrows raised as she nodded toward the dough. "Come on. Help me out."

Lorrick watched his wife, a grin on his face. He settled into the fluffly chair and ordered a black coffee as he waited to hear her soft voice through the microphone.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Kylia blushed slightly as she glanced out over the crowd of people. She looked back down at the guitar, and struck a few keys, remembering the tunes to a few songs. A small smile spread across her face and soon she was lost in her music, her voice echoing through the coffee shop.
"Wasn´t really thinking, wasn´t looking, wasn´t searching
For an answer
In the moonlight
When I saw your face

Saw you looking at me, saw you peaking out from under
Moon beams
Through the palm trees
Swaying in the breeze

I know that I´m feeling so much more than ever before
And so I´m giving more to you that I though I could do"

Cass grinned and moved over beside her and began to help her cook, doing whatever he asked her too.

Jarred gave a slight shrug as he looked over at her. "I'm not sure, I've never read it. I think the title you were looking for is The Da Vinci Code though, I've never heard of the Dividing Code."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Lorrick smiled, listening to his wife sing, her soft voice washing over him. He closed his eyes, relaxing for a moment before sitting straight again, scanning the area around him. The smile still stayed on his face though; it had been so long since he had heard her sing.

Skylur took a pinch of flour and threw it on the dough to keep it from getting sticky. Glancing over at Cass, she took another pinch and threw it in his face, a large smilie pulling at the corners of her mouth.

Lily made a face at him before looking back down at the book. "Well, thanks," she said, setting it in her lap. Not once in her life had she ever sat down with a book and just....read. She always studied, but never your normal classes. What she studied dealt with war, stratagy, techniques....A mystery like this would be different...A good different. "Really," she said, looking up at him, a small smile on her face. "Thanks."
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Kylia sang another few songs before she took a break, quickly climbing down from the stage and going over to Lorrick with a bright blush coloring her cheeks. "What did you think?" She asked as she chewed her lip, a small smile spreading across her face.

Cass blinked in shock and stared at her for a moment before a bright grin spread over his own face. He grabbed a pinch of flour and threw it back at her.

Jarred looked at her and gave a small smile in return, his eyes also holding some of the smile. He looked down at his hands and sighed. "Do....do you understand emotions?" he asked after a moment, looking back up at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next