the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

3 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation - Page 4 Empty Re: Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

Post by Kara Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Lorrick's eyes narrowed into tiny slits at the mention of Skylur. "You touch her, and you'll find out what it's like to have your wings cut off with a chainsaw," he growled, his voice low and dangerous. The wound in his shoulder was still flowing with blood, soaking his grey t-shirt. The pain was sharp, but the threat against his daughter put everything else to the back of his mind. No one would touch her if he had anything to say about it. Especially Landon.

Skylur gave a small smile, giving his hand a tiny squeeze. "For me you are," she murmured. "But to others, you keep your face blank and your emotions hidden." She cocked her head to the side as she studied him. "Why?"

Without thinking, Lily took a step toward him, her hands out to help steady him. She stopped herself just as she was about to touch him. What the hell was she thinking? Not only was Mathew going to be pissed, but he was going to punish her for eternity if she didn't get her head on straight. "Uhm. I don't know," she whispered, her mixed matched eyes looking anywhere but him.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation - Page 4 Empty Re: Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Jarred watched her, his brow furrowing. "You're in trouble, aren't you?" He asked, looking around for whatever it might be that is putting her in danger. He felt his leg buckle slightly, but paid no attention, intent on protecting Lily, even as he fell forward slightly.

Cass looked at her, then down to his feet. "Emotions....emotions are what makes you feel and get attached to people... sometimes...it's better to go unfeeling. You can't get hurt...you can't feel hurt...and if no one knows what you're feeling, they can't use it against you." His voice was soft, speaking from experience of how terrible emotions were. How they destroyed a person from the inside out.

Landon grinned wickedly, chuckling. "We'll see about that," he said, then winked at Lorrick, and was gone.

Kylia searched the skies for any sign of Lorrick, though her heart was heavy, figuring she had lost him, somewhere inside her she held hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Lily couldn't stop herself this time as she hurried forward and steadied him, allowing him to put some onf his weight on her. "I'm always in trouble," she muttered. "I just happen to be in a little bit more than usual at the moment." Sighing, she looked up at him. "Are you going to be okay? Do you need anything? Anything at all?"

Skylur watched him, biting her lip. "But it's the emotion that let's you actually get a feel for the world. What good is a beautiful sight if you can't feel the serenity? What good is Christmas morning if you can't feel the excitment?" She turned slightly red, the color contrasting to her dark black hair. "I'm sorry. It's just...I get more of a feel for emotion than most people." She gave him a small, crooked smile.

Giving a small yell in frustration, Lorrick spun on his heal and took off toward where his family ran to. In seconds he had them in sight and was coming to a hault next to them, his breathing deep. Pulling Kylia against him in a hug, he kissed her temple. "Are you alright?" he asked, patting her down for any injuries. "The kids? They're okay?"
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Kylia's arms wrapped around him, holding him tight as her tears flowed. "I'm alright, it's ok. We're all ok. They're talking with their friends is all." Her eyes fell on the wound and immediately she was tearing at her dress again, wrapping it with the strips she had pulled off. "Why do you always get shot?" She asked, her brow knitting together.

Cass sighed and watched her, his eyes searching her face. "I don't celebrate Christmas any more....and I haven't seen a beautiful sight in this city in ages." He watched her for a long moment. "That color looks good on you."

Jarred watched her, frowning. "Come with me," he said. "I'll keep you safe. You shouldn't be in trouble." His arm rested around her as he let himself lean on her. "Please?...I don't want you hurt." He said, looking sincere. He liked the colors of her eyes...they were so different. Unusual. Yes, he had brushed aside her questions, but at the moment he felt his were more important. It had to deal with her, her safety. It was definitely more important.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:32 am

Lorrick gave a small, strained laugh as he kpt an eye on the sky, his eyes flickering to Skylur everyonce in a while to make sure Landon hadn't magically appeared beside her. "Hey, I haven't been shot in nearly three years, thank you," he murmured, kissing her forehead.

THe red deepend, Skylur's face becoming really hot. "How about this," she said, glancing over to her parents, wondering what they would do if they knew what she was about to do. "Come home with me. There's enough beautiful sights there to last a life time." She studied his face, a soft smile on her lips. The idea of him coming home with them wasn't only so she could spend more time to get to know him, but it was for his own safety. That man Dad had fought had seen all of them, and she didn't want to put anything to chance.

Lily gave a small smile, her arm around his waist strong and supporting. "If I went off the radar, there'd be an army after me, searching high and low." She looked up at him, the smile sad. "For some reason, I doubt where ever you're going is safe enough to hid from them." That fact that someone was so worried about her safety made her heart warm. Ever since Daisy had died, she had been the one protecting people, not the other way around.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:18 pm

Kylia sighed, closing her eyes when he kissed her forehead. "I wish it was longer than that," she muttered as she continued to patch him up.

Shock danced across Cass's face as he watched her. He blinked a few times, his cheeks turning hot as he he looked down at his feet. "I don't think your parents would like that Sky," he murmured. He wanted to go though. He didn't want to leave her...or her family. He was attached.

Jarred stared down at her, eyes searching her face. "I could keep you safe," he insisted, keeping his arm around her. He felt conflicted at the moment, wanting her to come with. But if she didn't come with, he was more than tempted to follow after her. The only thing was, who would protect Sky once he was gone?

(just a thought Smile http://thecharacterchatrevo.niceboards.org/t944-mutated )

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:08 pm

( I might when I get home from work lol)

Lorrick smiled softly, pulling her close to him when she was done wrapping the fabric around his shoulder. "It's part of my job, remember?" he murmured into her hair.

SKylur bit her lip, liking the sound of him saying her name. "They'll just have to deal with it," she murmured, studying him. "My dad's all about protecting people, and you're not exactly safe right now." She took his hand in hers again, squeezing slightly. "Please?" She didn't know why she was so adiment on having him come with her, but the thought of being away from him just didn't sit very well in her stomach.

Lily bit her lip, her eyes moving to where Lorrick stood with his wife. Being around him, knowing that he was still alive....The thought drove her nuts. But if she went with Jarred, she might get another oppurtunity to strike....He was his father, but they seemed so different. Jarred didn't seem like the killing machine she knew Lorrick could turn into. Besides...she wanted to go with Jarred. Not just to complete the job she set out to do, but to be with him. To get to know this strange guy. "Alright," she murmured, looking at him once more.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Jarred blinked as he watched her and gave a small nod. "One rule," he said, his eyes trained on her face. "No killing. Our house is a haven, not a place for secret murders." He hoped that it wouldn't deter her from coming, but he had to tell her that. He knew she didn't like his father, and despite his need to protect her, he also had a need to protect him.

Cass stared at their hands for a moment, a warmth flooding through him. He glanced up at her and sighed. "There's no arguing with you, is there?" He asked, giving a slight lopsided grin.

Kylia hugged him tight, her face buried in his chest. "And you know I don't like it," she muttered, determined to be the one to get the last say in. She was stubborn like that. In the twenty years that had passed, the twenty years of slight peace, she had been able to open up again and relax, going back to the Kylia he had first met, not the one that Landon had created. With that, came the stubbornness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Lily studied him, her face expressionless. Well there goes that plan. Running her fingers through her hair, she forced back a few tears that threatened to fall over the rim of her eyes. "Jarred..." she whispered, looking toward his dad. "Your father killed my sister." She looked up at him then, the tears falling over. "It's been my goal for three years to return the favor. I'm not going to be able to say in the same house as him without putting a knife to his throat."

Skylur gave a small smile, loving the way his smile seemed to light up his face. "I'm stubborn like my mom, what can I say?"

Lorrick smiled softly as he pulled back, brushing hair out of her face with his good hand. "But yet you still married me," he murmured, kissing her lips softly. When he pulled back, he glanced over his shoulder watching his children. "Who would have thought?" he murmured. His eyes landed on Lilith, his heart twisting and the regret and grief from three years ago coming to the surface.

Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Jarred watched her for a long moment, his brow furrowing. He caught the tear before it fell to far down her cheek. "There is water coming from your eyes," he muttered quietly. He glanced back at his family, seeing Skylur with Cass and his father with his mom. In that moment, Jarred made the hardest decision he had ever made in his life. He turned to face Lilith again, brow furrowed, mind made up. "Then we won't stay with my family," he said quietly.

Cass watched her, grinning. "Alright, alright. I'll come if your parents allow it." He said, his eyes falling back on his shoes and their hands. He still had yet to let go of it, and it didn't seem as though she was letting go any time soon either. He didn't want to let go though. He liked the warmth her hand carried, the feelings that came with the touch.

Kylia sighed and looked at Jarred and Lilith, then over to Skylur and Cass. "You know we can't leave the boy," she said quietly. "He's been seen by Landon...who knows what he'll do to him if he catches him."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Not knowing what was coming over her, Skylur wrapped her arms around Cass, enjoying the feeling of his warm body against hers. She didn't know why she did it, she barely even knew him, but when her arms were around him, she just felt...right.

Lorrick made a face, studying the boy. "But we don't know him at all, Kylia. For all we know, he could be part of the GCW somehow." He watched as his daughter wrapped her arms around the boy and held on to him as if she's known him all her life. Sighing, Lorrick ran his hand over his face. "Looks like we'll find out though, huh?" Giving Kylia one more small kiss, he walked over to Skylur and the boy, his arms across his chest.

Lily automatically shook her head. "I could never ask you to do that," she muttered. She knew what it was like to have her family taken from her. She would never do that to Jarred. "I see the way you look at your sister and parents. Every part of you wants to protect them." She laughed softly, glancing over her shoulder, expecting Mathew to appear at any minute.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Jarred stared down at her, his eyes scanning her face. "But you're not asking me to," he said softly. "I want to keep you safe. I want to protect you. To get you out of trouble." His fingers brushed against her cheek, the way he did when he wanted Skylur to smile. Smiles always showed that a human was happy. They showed that they were alright.

Cass hugged her back, freezing and letting go of her quickly when Lorrick came over, though he still managed to forget to let go of her hand. He swallowed hard, expecting Lorrick to tear him in half or something.

Kylia sighed as she watched Lorrick, rolling her eyes when he strutted towards them. She followed quietly, standing beside him. "You don't have to strut to intimidate the boy," she said quietly enough for only Lorrick to hear. She glanced back at Jarred and Lilith, her heart softening towards the girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Lorrick chuckled softly under his breath. "It worked didn't it?" he muttered. He studied the boy for a few seconds, not saying anything, trying to figure out how to get his questions answered as honestly as possible. "What's your name?" he decided to start with. No formalities, no kindness. If this kid worked for the GWC, he would find out.

Another tear fell from Lily's eyes as she let herself slightly lean into his hand. She didn't smile though. She couldn't find it in herself to. "Protect your family," she whispered. "You never know when your father will run off to kill an innocent and leave your mother and sister unprotected." With that, she pulled away from him and turned on her heel, running out of the alleyway.

Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Cass winced slightly at the question. He just had to ask that question, didn't he? He felt as though he couldn't give Lorrick his nick-name. He knew he'd probably get a background check done on him. "Casanova Taylor," he said, trying to keep his voice strong. "Most everyone calls me Cass though...and I really...really prefer Cass."

Jarred stood, watch as Lilith ran. He would have chased after her, but his legs buckled beneath him again, and he hit his knees. He felt as though something had just stabbed him in the heart, and with the feelings being so new, he felt it more strongly than anyone ever would.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:09 pm

"Well, Casanova, where's your family at? Why are you out by yourself? The city isn't as safe as it used to be. Not that it was ever safe at all." Lorrick studied him, trying to stop himself from grinning at the way he was making Cass nervous. At least he knew he could protect his daughter from boys if the need came along.

Skylur watched her brother fall to his knees from the corner of her eye. Giving Cass's hand a squeeze, she let go and ran to him, dropping to her knees in front of him. "She hurt you," she murmured, already getting a read on his emotions (which was still weird). "What did she do?" She wrapped her arms around him, wanting to comfort him in any way that she could.

Lily ran through the streets of the city, not once looking behind her. She wanted to go with Jarred so terribly bad. She wanted to rest in his arms, to feel safe. But his father was the man she wanted dead the most. The conflicting emotions raged inside her as she slowed down, her breathing deep, a sharp pain in her side.
Just as she stopped though, a hard blow came to the the back of her head. As she fell forward, black spots expanding her vision, she had just enough time to throw out her hands to stop her face from smashing with the cement. Quickly, she spun around, still on the ground, to face her attacker. Mathew stood there, face red and teeth bared. Oh yeah. He was pissed.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Jarred hugged her tightly, thinking that he was suppose to be comforting her. "I...she's in trouble," he said quietly. "She won't...I can't protect her." His head rested on hers. "I do not like these feelings Sky....they scare me..."

Cass looked defeated when Lorrick used his full name. It was...irritating, but most of all it hurt. It reminded him to much of those who had called him by his full name. "Dead sir," he said quietly. "My family is dead." He looked up at Lorrick, his hand shoved into his pockets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Lorrick stood there, studying him, a small soft spot for him forming. "How?" he asked. He didn't want to hurt this boy by bringing up dead family, but he saw no other option. If knowing how his family died provided background, gained his trust, and proved he wasn't part of the GWC, then he had to know.

Skylur hugged him tightly, her head resting on his shoulder. "You'll get used to them," she whispered. "Maybe...maybe Lily doesn't want to be protected, Jar. Maybe she's better off on her own...." She couldn't find the warmth in her heart for the girl that her brother seemed to have. Lilith had wanted their father dead. By all accounts, that put her on the naughty list in Skylur's mind.

Mathew bent over Lily, ignoring the stares and whispers he was gaining from passer bys. His blonde hair was blowing in the wind, his wind burnt cheeks adding to the reddness of his anger. "Get your damn head out of your ass, Lilith!" he yelled, grabbing the front of her shirt and pulling her up. "You had the perfect chance to kill the bastard, and you damn well blew it!" He raised up his hand and slapped her, a red handprint automatically forming on her cheek.
Lily merely stared at him, not daring to make a sound.
"You could have killed the whole family of angels and hybrids! You could have rid the world of those monsters!" He slapped her again, making her head snap to the side. The stinging pain was almost too much after being comforted by Jarred. The contrasting treatment made her head spin. But she was used to this abuse by now. She knew this more than she knew the safety Jarred offered.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Jarred frowned and shook his head. "She was scared Sky. I saw it in her eyes. The same look you get." He pulled away and looked down at her. "She's not bad...she's just lost...and hurt." His brow knit together as he forced himself to stand. "I'm going to find her." He brushed Skylur's cheek like he always did, then took to the sky, his mind and body finally starting to cope with the unusual emotions. He it wasn't long before he located her, diving into an alley way. With his wings pressed to his spine, and the torn shirt hiding them, he approached the man who was hitting Lilith, eyes hard and unfeeling towards him. He grabbed him by the back of the shirt and threw him into an alley, making him fly to the other end. He looked down at Lilith, brow still furrowed. "I will protect you."

Cass's eyes fell to his shoes, his hands deep in his pockets. "Angels sir," he said softly. "Ten years ago, the GWC was turned over to some guy that goes by the name Legend. He took it over with the help of the original angel. Ever since the company has been corrupt...my family was one of many raids the angels went on at the turn of the company..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:53 am

Skylur sighed, for the millionth time wishing she had wings like her brother and father. She walked over to where her father and Cass stood, instantly picking up on the emotions Cass was feeling. "Dad," she whispered, taking Cass's hand. "That's enough. He's not going to turn on us."
Lorrick studied his daughter before nodding. "Where's your brother?"
Skylur gestured toward the direction in the sky he took off. "To play hero with his assassin crush." She sighed, rubbing her face. "What happened with you and Lilith, Dad?"
Lorrick shook his head. "That's a story for another time." He looked toward Kylia, confused for the first time in a very long time. "Do we go after him?"

Mathew was thrown against a dumpster, hitting his head hard against the metal. Slowly, he got to his knees, drawing a long dagger from his boot. "Now you have an angel /protecting/ you, Lilith? What's happened to you? Have you been transformed since the last time I saw you?" He walked out of the alleyway, swinging the dagger at Jarred's back. Without hesitation, Lily pushed him out of the way, the dagger dragging across her stomach in response. It wasn't enough to kill her right away, but it was enough to make her give a small cry of pain. But that was fine. Jarred wasn't dead. Neither was she. As far as she was concerned, that was a good turn out so far.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:15 am

Jarred's eyes filled with the fire of anger when he saw Mathew and the knife cut into Lilith. He growled, grabbing him by the hand, and using everything his father had taught him about disarming a person, before he threw him again, this time making sure to make him actually hit a wall. Before Mathew could turn on them again, Jarred had swept Lilith up and was flying her back towards his parents. He wasn't good with the bandaging and stuff, they had yet to include that in his training.

Kylia sighed and rubbed her temple for a moment before opening her mouth to speak. She saw a figure flying towards them and her blood ran cold for a moment until she realized that person was carrying someone else. "Here he comes," she said softly, her brow creasing. She quickly grabbed the edge of her dress again and began to tear strips for bandages if they were needed. When Jarred landed she was beside him as quickly as she could, her brow furrowed as she began to wrap the strips around Lilith's stomach.

Cass almost visibly relaxed when Skylur took his hand and relieved him of her father's questioning. It made quiet the difference in his emotions as well. He took her hand tightly, though the gesture was not enough to really hurt her, or so he hoped. He just didn't want to let her go. Already she was becoming his life preserver.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Lily's eyes were closed against the pain, trying to block out the white-hot fire that was burning in her stomach. Her grip on Jarred was strong though, her knuckles turning white where she held his shoulder and arm. "Thank you, Mrs. Bennet," she whispered before turning her face to burry it in Jarred's chest.

Skylur held onto Cass's hand just as tightly as he was holding onto hers. "I'm sorry about him," she murmured, gesturing to her father. "He's where Jarred gets his protectiveness if you couldn't tell." She looked into his eyes, studying him carefully. "Are you alright?"

When Kylia was finished bandaging Lilith, Lorrick took her arm and pulled her to the side. "Kylia, we can't take her with us," he muttered so only she could hear. "I believe it when Skylur says Casanova won't harm us, but I know Lilith's background. Her anger toward me is understandable, but there's no telling how she will act toward you three."
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:21 pm

Kylia sighed and looked at Lilith. "You're welcome dear," she said softly, before Lorrick pulled her to the side. She stared up at him, her brow knit together. "We can't leave her Lorrick. That's just as bad as murder." Her caramel eyes fell to the floor and she sighed, running a blood stained hand through her hair, not even thinking of what would happen to her hair. She was to use to it by now. "Do we still have the town house that's close to the beach that we moved to when Sky was born?" Her eyes looked back up to his. "Jarred could stay with her there until she is healed."

Jarred held her close, whispering comforts to her as he did so. "It's going to be ok, Lil...I'll protect you." Protection was his equivalent of taking care of someone, though he wasn't quiet sure how to say it. "You'll be ok. I promise."

Cass looked at her, lost in her eyes. He gave a small nod, glancing down at his shoes so he could control his mouth again. "I..ya...I'm alright. And I totally understand..he just wants to keep you guys safe." He gave a small nod, keeping hold of her hand. "I just...never talk about that stuff is all."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:06 am

Lorrick thought about that for a moment, nodding. "Yeah. We do. It's been vacant ever since we moved." Sighing, Lorrick ran his fingers through his hair, studying his wife. "I still don't like the idea of Jarred staying alone with her," he murmured softly. "But you're right. I made the grave mistake of tearing apart this girl's family. I won't do worse."

Lily held on tight to Jarred, feeling safe for the first time in her life. The cut in her stomach felt like a million little daggers were being plundged into her skin time and time again, but the pain was bareable when she was in this hybrid's arms. "Thank you," she whispered into his shirt before her eyes shut and sleep came to her. Even in sleep, her hold on him was tight. She didn't want him to leave her.

Skylur nodded, studying him carefully before standing up on her tip toes to kiss his cheek. "You don't have to be alone anymore if you don't want," she murmured softly.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Cass's eyes were wide with shock as he looked down at her. His fingers reached up, brushing the spot she had kissed. He blinked a few times, trying to get his mind to function properly. He didn't know what to say, he just stared at her, his heart racing, his fingers lingering on his cheek, his hand still in hers, and a very crush like emotion was crashing through him all at the same time.

Jarred held her close, looking to his mother, hoping she could finish fixing Lilith. When her eyes closed, worry coursed through him. He didn't want to loose her. Kylia looked over, smiling softly at Jarred's worry. "Come on, lets go before Landon finds us." She looked over at Skylur and Cass, then back to Lorrick. "Take Skylur and the boy first, show Jarred where the house is on your way so he can get Lilith some clean bandages. I'll wait here." the look on her face told him to not argue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Skylur smiled softly, biting her lip when she felt the emotions course through him. "We might want to go see what my parents have planned," she murmured softly and began to walk over to where they stood. She didn't know why she had kissed him. And it wasn't even like it was a kiss on the lips. But her heart was still racing all the same.

Lorrick looked at her as if she were insane. "You mean you want me to leave in the city? All by yourself? With Angel Landon scouring the streets for you?" His voice was incredulous, rising with nearly every word. He stared at her, her expression finally regerstering. Sighing, he ran both hands through his hair, taking a breath. "It's really the only way to get the kids safe isn't it?" he muttered, talking himself through it. He stood there for a moment, his night-black wings lying limp on either side of him. "Fine. But you stay in that coffee shop," he said, pointing across the street. "As far away from the windows as possible. No bathroom breaks. Make sure there's someone near you at all times." He watched her, making sure that she understood.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next