the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

3 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation - Page 3 Empty Re: Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Jarred's eyes flickered between the girl he had met earlier and his dad. "Father?" He looked as confused as ever. His emotions once again started to rage inside him, making his head swim. He glanced at Skylur, wondering what was going on, hoping she could provide an answer. Never had he felt so...helpless. His eyes fell back on the girl, then on her pistol. "What are you doing?" he asked.

Cass stood by Skylur looking between her and her father. What have I gotten myself into? he wondered, but as always tucked his emotions away. He didn't say anything to Lorrick, unsure if he was suppose to or not.

Back to top Go down

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation - Page 3 Empty Re: Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

Post by Kara Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Lorrick's eyes flickered to his son, a small smile on his face. "My old job," he muttered, unfurling his wings. "It's been a while." He pulled a knife from the back of his jeans, his eyes back on the girl. They widened slightly when he saw her, making him take a hesitant step. She looked so much like.... But no. It couldn't be. Shaking it off, he held the knife loosely, ready to throw it. "Take another step, and this knife will be embedded in your throat," he growled.

Lily's eyes narrowed, hatred burning deep in her heart. "Oh, this should be fun," she called, aiming the pistol, completely ignoring his threat. "You didn't tell me you knew this guy," she called to the angel she met earlier, not taking his eyes off the older one. "Related to him by the looks of it, huh?"

Skylur took Cass's wrist in her hand and started to pull him toward the fire escape. "Come on, Cass," she whispered, her eyes hard. Every bone in her body wanted to stay and fight, help protect her family, but the thought of keeping Cass in the firing range made her stomach churn.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Cass glanced at the girl, then followed Skylur with a small nod.

Kylia stared down at the sight before her with horror, knowing she should call out, but wanting to so badly. This was why they never went to town. Trouble always seemed to follow them.

Jarred blinked and stared at Lilly for a moment then at his dad. "It's my father," he said looking confused. He felt like he was on over load with his emotions. He couldn't think, nor could he function right. All of a sudden, everything just shut down on him, and his body crumpled to the ground, grey wings spread out behind him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:19 pm

A wave of emotions crashed over Skylur, nearly knocking her to her knees. She grabbed Cass's arm for support befor ehse looked over her shoulder, her eyes wide. "Jarred!" she yelled, getting to her feet and running to him. She got to her knees next to his head and shook his shoulders. "Jarred, wake up," she said, her voice strong with fear hiding behind the words.

Lorrick quickly glanced over his shoulder, watching as his daughter raced to his son. As he looked back over to Lilith, he caught her stepping toward them, her mouth hanging open slightly, her eyes on Jarred. Without thought, he flung the knife at her as easily as if he was throwing a dart, knicking her shoulder enough to draw blood, but not kill. "Lilith, don't move another inch, or the next one /will/ be in your throat, do you understand me?" His voice was low and dangerous, his eyes never moving from hers. Looking at her, it was three years ago, when he was helping James with one of his Charges.... He shook off the memory, the need to protect his family more important than his own remorse.

Lily hissed in pain, tearing her eyes away from the boy--Jarred, his sister said-- and glanced down at her right shoulder. Blood was freely flowing from the wound, running down her jacket sleeve and staining the brown fabric. She looked back at the angel and raised her gun with her good arm, pointing it to his head. "I was wondering when you'd come back," she growled, eyes narrowed. Jarred's father or not, this man, creature, had to die. THe thought of Jarred made her hand start to shake as she looked over to his unresponsive body again. What was wrong with him? Why was he crumpled in on himself like that? She cursed herself for caring so much, but couldn't help the worry that kept building.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Jarred's eyes opened slightly, everything blurry and spinning. He closed them again, the emotions continuing to rage inside him. "Dad, get Skylur out," he managed through slurred words. "I'll follow." He didn't know if he really would be able to follow, but, it would get them both out of danger.

Cass was by Skylur in a second, staring down at her brother. He looked at Lily, then at Lorrick. "Sir, he asked for you to get Skylur out of here," Cass said in a strong voice. "I'll make sure he follows." He was sincere in that statement. He couldn't just leave Skylur's brother, and it was obvious how much she cared for him despite her annoyance with his protectiveness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:05 am

Skylur shook her head, refusing to move from her brother's side. "No way am I leaving you here," she growled staring him in the eyes. "You're crazy to think I would."

Lorrick glared at Lily, watching for any move she might make. But her gun was wavering, starting to fall to her side, as she stared in Jarred in what seemed like horror. He backed up, drawing a gun from the holster he kept around his waist. It was the exact gun he had bought nearly 20 years ago when Kylia was his charge. "You're brother's right, Skylur," he said, reaching them, the gun still trained on Lily. "We have to go." His stomach and heart both clenched at the thought of leaving Jarred here, but it was obvious Lily cared for him in some way. And he knew his son could protect himself nearly as well as Lorrick could protect his family. "C'mon." He grabbed her under her arm and pulled her up, not even glancing at Cass.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:03 am

Jarred glanced at Sklyur through half closed eyes, giving a weak smile. "I'll follow," he said, his eyes closing again as Lorrick took Skylur. Cass watched, his face void of emotion. His eyes landed on Skylur and her gave her a small nod. "I'll make sure he does," he reassured her.

Kylia was pacing on the roof, her eyes closed. She was having a small panic attack, much like the ones she use to get whenever /he/ use to show up. She felt her chest constricting, angry tears flowing down her cheeks. It wasn't much longer and she was in the fetal position. She couldn't help but think of how useless she was before she stopped, staring across from her. Her body froze, blood turning to ice. It couldn't be...she blinked a few times. Landon stood on the roof...with wings. He face was pale and she felt as though she was going to be sick. She blinked a few times, and he was gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Skylur pulled away from her father and ran to Cass throwing her arms around him. She had only known him for a few hours, if that, and already she was greatful that they had met. "Keep him safe," she whispered just before her dad took her in his arms, snapped open his wings, and lifted off from the ground, landing on a nearby roof top.

When Lorrick landed, he set Skylur down and hurried to where Kylia lay on the ground. "What happened?" he asked, his eyes scanning the city line. He helped her up, his wings fanned out behind him.

Lily hurried to where Jarred lay, the gun in her hand forgotten. She didn't know why she was so worried about this hybrid, or why she even had a reason to be. He was the son of the monster who had killed her sister. "Jarred?" she asked hesitantly from a few steps away, her eyes scanning his face.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Kylia looked at Skylur, then to Lorrick as she tried to calm herself, her hands shaking, her body in the same state Lorrick always use to find her in. "I-I saw I saw Landon," she swallowed hard, turning to bury her face in her husband's chest. She didn't like feeling so weak, seeming so exposed in front of her daughter. But she couldn't help it. "Let's go, please let's go," she looked up and that's when she noticed Jarred wasn't there. "Where's Jarred?" Her panic rising.

Cass stood there with slight shock at being hugged but didn't move from Jarred's side. He looked at the girl. "Don't...don't shoot him," was all he could say to her.

Jarred's eyes opened slightly, his wings contracting just a little. "Lil?" That's about as much of her name that he caught before his body shut down on him. It was still threatening to turn off the rest of the way, "reboot" him in a way, just to make things easier to process.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:04 pm

Lorrick had his arms wrapped around his wife, holding her close to him. "I'm going to go get him right now," he said, kissing her forehead. THe fact that she saw Landon set him on edge. It had been way too long since he had heard that name. "Stay put." He turned to Skylur, his eyes meeting hers. "Keep a look out for anything. Stretch your sences. If you feel anything radiating revenge, hate, and no mercy, call down to me no matter what, do you hear me?" When she nodded, he pulled her to him and kissed her forehead as well before jumping off the roof, his wings catching the air.

Lily looked toward the boy, snapping out of the state she was in, her shaking stopping. "He's not the one I want dead," she muttered as she turned to Lorrick again. It drove her crazy that Jarred was lying there unconcious, but there was nothing she could do. Besides. He was a hybrid. Son of the thing that killed her sister. He didn't deserve her worry.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Jarred's body lay limp and unmoving on the ground, trash strew around him, a puddle of rain water and who knows what else below him.

Cass watched with wary eyes as the red headed girl and Skylur's dad seemed to have a face off.

Kylia went to Skylur, wrapping her arms around her and holding her close, almost protectively. Her eyes caught site of a spot in the distance, something flying towards them. Her heart skipped a few beats as panic once again welled up inside her. "Skylur....whatever happens, you go straight down to your father and your brother...you hear me?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Skylur shook her head, holding her mom tightly. "Absolutely not," she whispered. "I'm not leaving you alone. Dad and Jarred have eachother, and we have eachother. No way will I let you be by yourself." She squeezed her eyes shut, her arms tightening around her as a wave of anger slashed around her. If her mom hadn't been hanging onto her, she would have fell to her knees. "Holy crap," she whispered, sagging slightly, her voice wavering.
(I'm assuming he's angry....Sorry if I'm wrong! Lol)

Lily's eyes stayed on Lorrick's face as he stood over his son's body, both of their guns aimed at eachother. "Lily, put the gun down. You know as well as I do that you're not a killer."
She grinned, her heart pounding a million miles a minute. "You haven't seen me in three years, Angel. You don't know what I"m capable of." She paused, putting her throughts together. "Tell me something," she said finally. "Why did you find the need to kill Daisy?" She didn't know why she was asking him. Perhaps she just needed to know what was going through his head when he pulled the trigger.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Kylia looked at her daughter, her eyes locking back on the angel coming for them. She quickly moved to the edge of the building. Her eyes glanced down, Lorrick and Jarred were both below. She glanced down at Skylur, swallowing her fear for herself and focused on Skylur. "I love you," she murmured softly into her daughter's hair, pressing her lips to her head. "Lorrick," she said loud enough for him to hear her, just before dropping off the side of the building with Skylur, keeping her on top so that when they landed, Kylia would break their fall.

Jarred started to come to as he heard his mom call out to his dad. His brow furrowed as he blinked, forcing himself up. In a blink he was up, catching Skylur and Kylia, his back slamming into the wall as he sunk to the ground again, holding them tightly. He groaned, trying to force himself up again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:39 am

Skylur scrambled up, getting her weight off of Jarred. "Jarred, are you alright?" she asked, searching her brother for any major injuries.

Lorrick looked up at the angel in the sky, catching the face of the man he hated most in this world. His gut twisted when he saw him, a growl starting low in his throat. He looked to Lily, his gun pointed at Landon. "That's the angel you want to kill, to destroy." He pointed to himself. "Killing your sister was never my intention. I was there to stop James, to tell him that he wasn't fighting for the right side anymore. But things backfired. I know that doesn't come any where close to excusing what I did, but at least you know." Without another word, he lifted into the sky and waited for the damned angel to meet him in the air.

Lily opened her mouth to say something, confusion over-riding every other emotion there was in her mind. All her life, she had been trained to kill angels. But for the past three years, she had been set on killing one certain one. It didn't matter that it was a "misunderstanding". Her sister was dead and Lorrick had been the one to pull the trigger. She looked to Jarred, making sure he was okay , before turning on her heal and sprinting in the other direcition.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:42 am

As soon as Skylur was off her, Kylia had herself turned around to face Jarred. He had a gash in his forehead from hitting the wall, but other than that he was unharmed. She fussed over him like any mother would, panic and worry settling in once again. Tears began to fall down her cheeks. "This is why we should have never let you come," she mumbled to herself.

Landon was watching him from a distance, his eyes filled with hatred. His eyes continually flickered between Lorrick and Kylia who was down in the alley with two boys and another girl. The one boy and girl looked stunningly like her, a fact that made his teeth grind and his jaw tighten.

Cass was by Skylur's side as fast as he could. "Are you alright?" He asked worriedly as he checked her over, making sure to not actually touch her.

Jarred's eyes flickered open before shutting again as pain filtered through his mind and registered in his body. "Sky..." he muttered, turning his head to her as Kylia ripped the hem of her dress and began to bandage his head. "Sky...something's not right..I..I feel funny..." he sounded helpless, scared, confused. The emotions inside him were still strong, forcing his body to attempt to shut down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:33 pm

Skylur turned to, Cass, a small smile on her lips. "Fine. I'm fine." When her brother spoked, she turned to him, her eyebrows pulled together in confusion as she felt teh emotions raging inside Jarred. A laugh bubbled up from her throat, as she placed her hands on either side of his face, making his eyes meet hers. "Jar? That funny feeling? It's called emotion." She closed her eyes and stretched out her sences. "You're scared... confused....helpless?" The last word came out as a question. She had never thought of her brother as helpless before. It was weird, feeling the waves roll off him. This was never something she felt from him. Ever. What had happened to change that?

Lorrick narrowed his eyes as Landon eyed his family. "I thought I killed you twenty years ago," he called, trying to put attention on himself.

Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Landon looked back to Lorrick and smirked. "You thought wrong. The boys took me to the GWC right after you left." His eyes narrowed. "You'll both die if it's the last thing I do."

Cass gave a small nod and watched quietly, looking around for the girl that had been there only moments before.

Jarred blinked, his brow knitting together. "Emotions?" He asked and gave a small nod. "My body doesn't like them...it keeps shutting down on me." A new emotion filled him as he saw that Lily wasn't there. Sadness...and perhaps longing. "Where'd she go?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Lorrick twirled the gun around his middle finger before aiming it at him again. "We'll see about that." Without another word or thought, he pulled the trigger, aiming straight for his head.

Skylur pointed over her shoulder and down the raod. "She took off running after Dad talked to her." She bit her lip. "I think he's the one who killed her sister, Jarred..."
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Jarred's brow furrowed and he forced himself up slightly. "I...she..." more confusion at his new found emotions crashed through him as he tried to decipher them. He looked at Skylur, hoping she'd know what he was feeling so he could process them correctly. It didn't feel right. Emotions didn't feel right.

Kylia continued to bandage up Jarred's head until the bleeding had stopped, her eyes trained on the wound though she listened to the conversation quietly as she had always done.

Landon barely had time to blink before the bullet hit, going straight through his skull. He blinked in shock before he fell from the sky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:19 pm

(Uhm, I didn't mean to play God there. lol I mean, if you didn't want Landon to die, I didn't mean to /make/ him die. You know that, right? lol)

Skylur smiled softly at him, ruffling his hair. "You're confused with the the difference," she told him. "You want that girl to come back. Seems to me like you've developed a little crush, big brother." When a gun shot rang through the air, she spun around, grabbing her mom and Cass's hands. "Daddy?" she whispered, scanning the sky.

Lorrick brought his wings in next to his spine and angled downward, following Landon out of the sky.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:49 pm

Kylia's eyes closed, her face turning pale. She felt the tears fall slowly from her eyes before she stood. "Come, we have to move, get as far from the city as possible," she said as she helped Jarred stand. She looked at Cass and wiped the tears from her face. "Can you show us the quickest way out?"

Cass nodded and kept hold of Skylur's hand as he began down the alleyway.

Landon continued to free fall until it seemed inevitable that he was going to hit the ground. At the last possible moment, his wings opened and he turned, facing Lorrick and shot at him, leaping back into the air as he did so, the wound healed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Skylur followed Cass, holding tightly onto his hand. "Mom?" she asked, her voice shaking slightly. "What's happening? Who's that guy?"

Lily sat in an alleyway, her knees pulled to her chest. She stared at the wall across from her, her face blank. Why hadn't she shot Lorrick when she had the chance? It was the perfect time. The perfect moment to get revenge. But when she saw Jarred lying there, unconcious....She took a deep breath, burrying her face in her knees. Mathew was going to be so pissed off at her.

Lorricks wings snapped out again as the bullet sliced through his shoulder. He gritted his teeth against the pain as he fell the last few feet to the ground, his wings not catching the air quick enough. He tumbled onto the asphalt, rocks and pebbles digging into his shoulder. He quickly got up, aiming his gun at Landon again. "Looks like the angels have been upgrated," he said, pulling the trigger again.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Kylia looked at Skylur and bit her lip. "I'll tell you when we are safe," she said quietly. Cass glanced back at them, his eyes falling on Jarred, their mom, and then Skylur. He felt attached to them already, and he didn't like it. Attachment was what always got him in trouble. It always ended up bad. He glanced around and saw the girl that had been there earlier, but he didn't stop or say anything as he passed.

Jarred felt his cheeks turn hot at the mention of a crush, but he didn't know why. "What's a crush?" He asked as they walked, trying his hardest to not put much weight on his mom. His eyes fell on Lily and he immediately felt the need to protect her, to make sure she was alright. "Lily?"

Landon chuckled as he watched Lorrick, nodding. "They have and you've missed it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Skylur pointed to Lily, her eyebrows raised. "That's a crush," she muttered to her brother before she kept walking. She glanced at Cass, feeling his emotions run over her. "What's wrong?" she asked softly so the others wouldn't hear. "I mean, besides the obvious."

Lily glanced up at Jarred, her heart stopping slightly at the sight of him. "Jarred. You're alright." Knowing this seemed to have put her slightly at ease, which in turn drove her nuts. She should not have these feelings for an angel. It wasn't right. Wasn't natural. Standing up, she brushed herself off and stuffed her hands in her pockets. "I need to get back."

Lorrick shrugged, throwing the now empty gun to the side. "No matter. I've been too busy to worry about the GWC messing with my DNA. Again." He pulled out a sharp dagger instead, keeping his eyes trained on Landon. "So, long time no see. Why do you choose now to suddenly appear?"
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:08 pm

Landon chuckled, his eyes filled with cutting hatred. "I've been searching for you, but you somehow eluded me. And Silver." He watched him carefully. "Those were your kids were they not?" His lips twisted into a crooked leer. "You're daughter's hot."

Cass glanced at her, a slight shock washing over him. He had made sure to keep his face void, or so he thought. "Am I that easy to read?" He asked with a slight chuckle, though he felt slightly unnerved. Maybe he was loosing his touch.

Jarred let go of his mom, forcing himself to stand on his own as he looked down at Lily. "Will I see you again?" He asked, his wings hanging down behind him, slightly askew. He actually looked pretty rough, his head bandaged, hair a mess. His deep blue eyes fringed with gold stared into hers, a slight hope glimmering in them. A hope that she'd say yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next