the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

3 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation - Page 9 Empty Re: Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Cass gave a small nod and watched her, waiting till she was in the room and had closed the door before he sat outside her door on the landing. He felt the need to protect her, so that's what he was going to do. He kept his eyes open, refusing to sleep, just to make sure she'd stay safe.

Jarred caught her quickly and helped her lay back down, trying his best to ease the pain. He glanced around and quickly got her some water and some ibuprofen before handing it to her. He quietly helped her sit up, his eyes watching her with curiosity, but he wasn't about to pry.

Kylia shifted and kissed his chest, still sorta awake. "Love you," she mumbled before she managed to drift into a place somewhere between consciousness and a deep sleep.

Back to top Go down

Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation - Page 9 Empty Re: Angels of Darkness; the Second Generation

Post by Kara Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:18 am

Skylur got under the quilt on nher bed and just laid there, her eyes staring up at the ceiling. Sleep didn't even feel within her reach at the moment.

Lily cursed herself for showing so much weakness infront of him. She was one of the strongest in their group. She trained the hardest, had the most motivation. This whimpering and crying was not her. Studying his face for a moment, refusing to wince from the pain coursing through her, she shook her head at the water and ibprophen. "I'm fine," she muttered, removing his hands from her and lying back down as there was aknock on the door.

"I love you too," Lorrick whispered, kissing her temple gently so not to wake her.

Sorry for the sh**y replies. I'm distracted
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Cass sat outside the door diligently, his mind wandering over the events of that day. How he had ended up there, with Skylur, was a mystery to him. But he couldn't help feeling grateful for it. She came into his life just at the right time. Had she been a day later, and there wouldn't have been a Cass for her to meet.

Jarred looked at her, not exactly believing her, but gave a small nod. "Stay here," he said before turning and leaving the room. He went down to the front door and opened it just slightly and hiding his wings, peeking around the door edge to see who it was.

Would you like to bring in Carson? I'm not sure I can do him justice at the moment...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Sure, if you quickly remind me who he is...I mean, I have an idea, but I don't want to completely mess it up.

Mathew stood on the other side of the door, a cocky-ass smile on his lips. "Hello, Hybrid," he said, his voice practically a purr. A gun was in a holster on his hip, clearly in sight. "I believe you have something that belongs to me, hm?"
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:40 pm

"I own nothing that was yours, I believe you have the wrong home," Jarred said as he closed the door. He made sure he was quick enough that Mathew couldn't slip in, and his eyes darted around for some sort of weapon, but his first thought was Lily. Before Mathew could get the locked door open again, Jarred had made it up to Lily's room.

*shrugs* I don't really know how to describe him. I think you've got a good idea. He's just...evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Mathew rolled his eyes at the closed door. "You angels always have to make things difficult," he called. Without a thought, he pulled the gun free and shot it at the lock in the door, quickly opening it with two bullets. "Lilith, it's time to come home," he said, loud enough for herr to be able to hear. He began up the stairs, the gun still hanging loosely in his hand. "Get your bags packed, love."

Lily watched as Jarred ran back into the room, her eyes glued to his face. "What's wrong? Who's here?" As soon as she asked, she heard Mathew's voice. Her blood ran cold for a second before it ran hot, anger coursing through her. "I thought you said this damn place was sheilded!" she stage whispered, getting out of bed. Pain flared in her abdomen, but she ignored it, adrenaline numbing the red-hot feeling.

Alright, let me think. Wait, who was he though? I mean...I forget. Sorry. Mind fart.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:17 am

Jarred growled and glared at the door, throwing it shut and locking it before sticking a dresser in front of it, easily lifting it up and setting it down as if it was a simple chair. "There is. How he got past them is beyond me," he growled before he went over to Lily. He reached into the dresser drawer and pulled out a wallet, stuffed it into his back pocket, then picked her up and ran towards the window with her.

He was Kylia's ex-boyfriend thing. More just like a guy that thought he owned her and was really abusive and hated Lorrick because he thought Kylia was his and honestly still sorta does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:22 pm

As soon as Mathew heard something heavy moving behind the door, he took off back down the stairs and outside. Looking up in the sky, he took aim quickly and fired off five bullets, cursing when the hybrid disappeared.

Right when Jarred's wings caught the air, Lily's training began to kick in. A human having wings made them abnormal, supernatural, untrustworthy. Nobody should have the power of flight but insects and birds. She looked Jarred daed in the eye, her breathing heavy. "Put. Me. Down, hybrid."

Alright, hang on.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Jarred looked at her, his eyes boring into hers. Just then the bullet pierced his wing, right at the shoulder blade, and he grimaced. He felt the hot blood run down his back and he dived into town, busting into a home of an old man that had helped his father years before. The old man came scuffling out and frowned at Jarred. "Oh dear, what have you gotten yourself into?"
"Hide her," Jarred growled through gritted teeth, the hot white pain blinding. He crumpled slightly, leaning against the wall for support. "Quickly."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm so sorry I haven't replied in a while... Life has been crazy to say in the least.

As soon as Jarred folded in on himself a little, Lilith's heart skipped a beat. She wanted to go to him, to make him feel better, to take care of him like he took care of her. But her training held her back. Instead, she stood up shakily, the pain in her stomach dull now, but still there. "I'm going out there," she muttered, heading toward the door.

Carson walked down the hallway of the hotel, a cigarette hanging from his lips. He reached up and took it out, only to put it out on the wall, leaving a black smudge. Once he got to Kylia's room, he knocked, his anger building up by the minute.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Kylia stirred and blinked a few times. She looked around, trying to figure out what was going on. Someone was at the door. She looked down at herself, still covered in nothing but blankets, and frowned, the looked around for Lorrick as she sat up.

Jarred stared at her and shook his head. "No! Lily!" He stumbled forward and caught her by the elbow. "Please," he said, his voice begging. "He will only kill you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Lorrick looked to the door, his brow furrowing in confusion. He kissed Kylia's head before getting out of bed. "Get into the bathroom just in case," he whispered into her ear. "If I slam the door to the room, I want you climbing out that window, do you hear me?" There was no promise that the person behind that door was merely here for room service.

Lily shook her head as he pulled her elbow from his grasp. "You stay here. Get bandaged up. Mathew is only pissed. He won't kill me." She studied Jarred for a moment before taking a step closer to the door. "Thanks Jarred." With that, she opened the door and stepped out, her eyes scanning the streets.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

"Please..." Jarred struggled to follow, but it was in vain. His wound wouldn't let him move much, and the old man wouldn't stop tugging at him. He sighed and watched solemnly as she left, grieving in his heart as he forced himself to believe he would never see her again.

Kylia looked at him and sighed, giving a small nod. "Yes dear," she murmured and climbed out of bed. She found her clothes and quickly went to the bathroom, dressing as she went.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Shit.....all my crap just deleted. *sigh*

Lorrick watched his wife go into the bathroom, quickly pulling on his clothes before he went to the door. "Who is it?"
"Open the f*cking door and find out, pr*ck," Carson laughed, pulling a gun out of his jacket. Three shots rang through the air as he fired at the lock.
"Shit! Kylia, go!" Lorrick yelled, openeing his wings to hide the room from Carson's view as the door fell inwards.

Lilith cursed herself when her heart began to ache as she walked down the sidewalk. She was nearly completely healed, but it was still a pain to walk. She felt eyes on her from all sides, the feeling driving her mental. "Mathew, come out you f*cking *sshole," she called, stopping where she was at. "I know you're there."
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Kylia's heart froze at the shots and shakily she climbed out of the window as she had been told. She then darted down the street and towards their house, her heart now pounding in her chest. She prayed that no one had found her children.

Jarred managed to get the old man to let him alone after he was bandaged. He followed her quietly, keeping to the shadows and staying out of sight of anything and everything, being completely invisible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Mathew walked out from behind a tree, no smile or humor on his face. "Are you the hybrid's bitch now?" he growled as he walked up to her. He got into her face and yelled. "We took you in, gave you a family, something the damn Angels took from you, and now you're with the abomination of the bastard who killed your sister?" In seconds, his fist connected with her ribs, making her suck in a sharp breath, but that was it.
"I'm here now, aren't I?" she growled, hatred burning bright in her eyes.

As soon as the door fell in, Carson fired two more shots, hiting Lorrick once in the ribs. He yelled out in pain before he grabbed his knife off the coffee table and threw it at Carson, merely knicking him in the shoulder. Carson merely laughed as he watched Lorrick bleed more than he's ever bled before, the bullet awfully close to his heart. "You're not as immortal as you thought you were, old man," he growled. "You took something that belonged to me, you son of a bitch. I want it back."
The world was spinning as Lorrick glared at the man. "Over my dead body." With that, he lunged at Carson, his hands going for his throat.

Skylur woke up suddenly, a nightmare playing itself over and over in her head. "Shit," she murmured, wiping sweat from her forehead. Squeezing her eyes shut, she stood up and walked out into the hallway, stopping in her tracks when she saw her temperary body guard. "What in the world are you doing out here?"
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Cass blinked, jumping slightly at the sound of her steps. He was on his feet as soon as she was out the door and gave a slight shrug. "I..just...felt more comfortable making sure you were alright...I couldn't exactly sleep." He gave a small smile, attempting to make sure she wasn't mad at him.

Kylia continued to run, tears pouring down her face as she reached for her cellphone. She looked through it and quickly dialed James, hoping he'd pick up. "Please," she begged into the phone as it continued to ring and ring.

Jarred held back a growl and watched in silence despite the tensing of his body.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:15 pm

James looked down at his phone, his face emotionless when he saw Kylia's name appear on the screen. "Kylia Bennett. I don't have time," he answered quietly, keeping his eyes on the target he had been hired to kill. She was a twenty year old girl, running for her life, running from him.

Skylur sat down next to him, the nightmare fading into the subconcious part of her mind. "Happens to me all the time," she murmured, leaning lightly against his shoulder, seeing if it was okay.

Mathew grinned then, but it was a grin of pure evil. "Oh, yes you are. But you'll be begging for your death in a few days, girly, lemme promise you that." Without another word, he brought his knee up and got her in her stomach, right where the sword sliced her only a few weeks earlier. She bent over, gasping for air.
"God damn it, Matt," she whispered, spitting on the concrete. He merely laughed coldly and grabbed her hair. With one quick phone call, a car was pulled infront of them. Mathew threw Lily into the backseat before climbing in himself and speeding away.

Lorrick's lunge was off center, making it easy for Carson to bring up his foot and kick him in the ribs, right where the bullet entered his body. Pain flooded his body. It was undescribable, white hot, blinding....Then it was gone. And Lorrick was lying on the ground in his own pool of blood, his heart beat slowing dramatically.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 pm

"James, please" Kylia begged into the phone. "It's Lorrick," her breathing was rushed and heavy from her running. "There was gun shots, and p-please, James," she begged.

Jarred growled and watched them go. He then quietly followed the car through the streets, sticking to high places and the shadows so he wouldn't be seen.

Cass watched her for a moment before wrapping his arm around her. He looked her over and his brow furrowed in concern. "Are you alright?" he asked softly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:04 pm

James let out a small laugh, although his chest tightened at his former best friend's wife's words. "Mrs. Bennett. Everyone dies. And in the line of buisness your husband was once in, death is nearly inevitable, even for him." Without waiting for an answer, he hung up. He looked back down on the street, cursing heaven and hell when he realized he lost sight of his target. After he left the Bennett's home, he went back to the GWC, a mistake that he's been paying for eversince. Throwing his phone to the ground in anger, he took to the sky. He managed to escape the genetic modifications of the angels, but he was still forced into the work that the once proud angels now mixed themselves with. Helping the Bennett's used to be a possibility....now it was impossible.

Lily sat with her back against the door, her eyes taking in the two others in the car. She's known both of them her whole life, but the looks they were giving her were full of hatred. Finally turning back to Mathew, she caught him staring at her with a smirk. "You've changed. In the past month, you've changed." Shaking his head, he let out a curt laugh. "The hybrid softened you. The Lilith I used to know would have dropped kicked me before I could have even touched her."
Lily narrowed his eyes at him. "Having a sword being plunged into my stomach has kind of slowed my reaction time," she growled.
Sighing Mathew leaned closer toward her. "Oh really? Let's see how slow it's really become." Before she could bink, Mathew's lips were on hers, hard and harsh. His hands were pinning her arms down to the seat, his body pressing hers against the door.

Skylur nodded, leaning into him further. "Just a nightmare is all. No big deal." She played with a small thread on the hem of his shirt before looking up at him. "You have to be tired. Did you sleep at all?"
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Jarred is still following...ya....

Cass shook his head and took a deep breath. "No, I'll be fine though." He kissed her forehead gently. "It's worth it." He would give a thousand nights of sleep if it ment keeping her safe.

Kylia continued to have tears stream down her face as she ran, closing her eyes. She took a deep breath and came to a stop, changing direction from her home. If Lorrick was in fact dead, that was the last place she would want Carson to go. She lifted her phone and dialed Skylur, trying to steady her voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:17 am

James had been flying south for what seemed like the longest time before he finally yelled at the sky and changed direction. He flew hard, his guilt for his past deeds kicking in. He would not let his friend die. He would not let that family suffer anymore than they already had. In minutes, he had located Kylia running down the road, tears streaming down her face. He landed in front of her, only vaguely noticing that she was on a phone.

Skylur rested her forehead against Cass's cheek, taking comfort in knowing that he was there for her. Unlike her brother and father, she wasn't able to fully protect herself. Sure, she could fight, her father made sure of that, but knowing that someone else was there to keep her safe kept her at ease. When her cell phone started viberating, she pulled it out and smiled when she saw that it was her mom. "Hey," she said when she answered, still leaning against Cass. "I wasn't expecting a call until later on tonight or something. You know, when yours and Dad's little get-away is over."

Lilith brought up her foot and kicked hard at Mathew's stomach, connecting with his the side of his ribs instead. He merely laughed, but he pulled away, winking at her as he did so. Before he could get one word in, she spat in his face, watching in disappointment as he laughed harder when he wiped it off. "Now that's the Lily I know." No sooner had he said that, the van pulled up to a building, one that she knew all too well. She was back 'home'.

he can intervein whenever....I don't really have anything special planned. I don't even know how I'm going to save Lorrick. I was angry when I wrote that and wanted to kill one of my characters....Oopsies.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Kylia gasped when she saw someone flying towards her, her eyes wide. When she realized it was James it took all she had to not turn into a blubbering mess. "S-Skylur...honey...I want you to go to the safe room and lock it behind you. If I or your father are not back within two hours, I want you to follow the passage to the other house. Ok?" Her voice quivered with tears. "I-I love you sweetheart. Tell Jarred I love him too..." She stared at James and covered the mouth piece so Skylur couldn't hear. "He was at the hotel in town, Carson showed up...he's..he's an angel..."

Cass watched her curiously as he held her close. He kissed the top of her head and tried his hardest to not eaves drop.

Jarred watched her get out of the car, his eyes narrowing as he took in the people around her, memorizing every detail of them. He waited, making sure that she would be alright, that they wouldn't actually hurt her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Carson was in the sky, scanning the streets below. The fact that Kylia had gotten away didn't fase him. The chase was fun, something he was made to love. When he eventually found her with another angel, his eyebrows pulled together. How many guards did this bitch have? Keeping to the shadows so not to be seen, we watched and waited, bidding his time.

James nodded, taking all of this in without any surprise. "First, we get you safe," he said, his voice gruff. "Lorrick's death would be in vain if you were to die as well. Is there any place you can go that will be protected from other angels?"

Skylur pulled the phone from her ear, worry pulling every line in her face down. She looked up at Cass for a moment before she grabbed his hand and started pulling him downstairs. "Come on. We need to go." Everything her parents had taught her began to kick in. In a time of crisis, she wasn't supposed to ask questions, she was supposed to act. Questions were for later. Skylur led Cass into the basement, a musty smell meeting her nose. Off to the left was a large, metal shelving unit. It was full of dust, obviously not used in years. Beneath it was a space just big enough for them to fit under. She let go of Cass's hand and dropped to her knees, reaching her arm under the shelves. Quickly finding the latch, she slid a trap door over to the side, reavealing a hole in the ground with a ladder leading into the darkness. "Go," she told Cass, getting out of the way. "Get in there, quick."

Mathew got out of the car, pulling Lily out with him and throwing her onto the ground. "Now, although you're with us now, you did leave your family Lilith. And that, my love, is a great offense on your part." He grinned, nodding to the men and women surrounding them. "Go get the children. Let them see what happens to someone who turns their back on family. Better for them to learn young."
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Kylia shook her head and shoved the phone into her pocket. "No," she said softly, her eyes searching his face. "Please, we have to go back for him...I can't...I can't just leave him." She lowered her voice so that only he could hear, wary of eaves droppers. "I can't go home, we have to keep them safe. They are the most important."

Cass looked at her then climbed down in and waited for Skylur, staring up at her expectantly and holding out his arms so that he could help her.

Jarred growled when he saw him throw Lily to the ground, his anger boiling over. That's all it took for him to break his self restraint and in a flash he was there crouched over Lily with his wings surrounding them, ignoring the pain that shot through him. His eyes bored into hers. "I will not let you die for the sins of others," he said softly, his keen ears listening for any movement outside his wings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next